Forums
Posted By: MattLFC For Sale: Hama Star 78 Monopod - 20th Sep 2007 11:46am
Due to the fact I am taking up a different type of photography which wont require a monopod, and have only used me monopod 3 times since I purchased it, I have decided to get rid.

It is a Hama Star 78, prices vary from around £15.00 to £30.00 for this dependent upon where you shop.

Im looking to sell for £10.00.

Here are the specs:

- 4-section, telescopic monopod for photo and video
- 3D pan head
- Camera spirit level
- Quick-release coupling to change the camera without any problems
- A 1/4 threaded mount
- Ball-bearing base
- Height min.: 61 cm
- Height max.: 176 cm
- Weight: 665 g
- Includes bag

(Source: http://www.picstop.co.uk/Tripods/Hama-Star-78-MonoPod---176cm)

The monopod is in almost new condition as its only be used a few times, its about 4 months old. It includes the bag for carrying it as well.

Here are some photo's:

Attached picture star78.jpg
Attached picture hama_star78_monopod-214x184.jpg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: For Sale: Hama Star 78 Monopod - 20th Sep 2007 8:38pm
fill me in son, why is this called a monopod?
I`m guessing because it only has one foot?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For Sale: Hama Star 78 Monopod - 20th Sep 2007 8:47pm
Aye, you got it one fella!

Tripod = 3 legs - tri = three
Monopod = 1 leg - mono = single

Monopods are more portable and better for when you have less space and a less stable ground. They also take less time to setup and look less gimpy lol.

However, they are not as stable as tripods for obvious reasons, you usually lean them against something, but even without doing this they can make the world of difference, especially at the telephoto end. A lot of pro's have converted to them nowadays.

Tis a good and well built piece of kit - I just have no use for it anymore. And its taking up space in my boot.
smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: For Sale: Hama Star 78 Monopod - 20th Sep 2007 8:51pm
Cheers fella, gotta be worth a fiver then?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For Sale: Hama Star 78 Monopod - 20th Sep 2007 8:53pm
Hehe not takin a five for it am afraid, at that price a may as well just put it away keep it for if a ever do need it lol. Tenner is the price am stickin to me guns tease

Cheapest ye will buy it for in the shops tomorrow (in pretty much the same condition, as new) is £15 upwards.

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For Sale: Hama Star 78 Monopod - 20th Sep 2007 9:00pm
Might consider a swap/add money to the equasion for any ND filters (ratings of between 3 and 60 is useful) and possibly PL filters (if you dont know what they are, you wont have any so dont worry lol).

smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: For Sale: Hama Star 78 Monopod - 20th Sep 2007 9:05pm
lol, no i don`t, me learning, lol
you know what i`m like by now anyway matt, good luck with the sale from ste, the cheeky git, wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For Sale: Hama Star 78 Monopod - 20th Sep 2007 9:06pm
Lol, yeps I knows what ya like lmao grin I thought I should ask more then I wanted, but then it would be the same price range as certain places sell them new so it wouldnt be good lol.

Cheers smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral