Forums
Posted By: MattLFC For Sale: 3dfx Voodoo 3 2000 PCI - 26th Mar 2007 5:55pm
The auction below is for a 16mb 3dfx Voodoo 3 2000 PCI. These are fairly hard to get ahold of nowadays. This graphics card is fully compatible with the Glide API, a propietary format available only on 3dfx cards. It also compatible with Direct3D, OpenGL and MiniGL. Due to it being on the PCI interface, it is also quite a good card for anyone wanting to upgrade an older system.

The card comes unboxed, but with driver cd and is tested so far as it runs fine for Windows 2D enviroment and is 100% stable. I havent used it for any games as yet. The drivers were only released for Windows 95/98/Me and BETA drivers for Windows 2000, but there are plenty of 3rd party drivers available for Windows XP, due to the huge size of the 3dfx fanbase. Amazingly, they are still releasing new drivers for 3dfx cards, the newest ones I have seen were from 2007!!

The card is a later SGRAM version. The only way it differs from the earlier and more popular cards is the layout and the fact it has SGRAM (Synchronous Graphics RAM) rather the SDRAM, which is better for graphics use. The advantage of SGRAM is that it adds functions such as bit masking (writing to a specified bit plane without affecting the others) and block write (filling a block of memory with a single colour).

On a sidenote, I had one of these in my main machine back in about 2001, and they were rapid, they could overclock to the same speed as the 3000 (166Mhz GPU and 166Mhz RAM) with ease, and my previous one got near the speeds of the 3500 (183Mhz GPU and 183Mhz RAM).

Dont shop for it, eBay it!!

smile
Posted By: AX_125 Re: For Sale: 3dfx Voodoo 3 2000 PCI - 28th Mar 2007 7:32am
I have one of these as a 3dfx graphics accelerator, think it increased my resolution for Carmageddon 2 to 640 x 480 which was crystal clear at the time.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For Sale: 3dfx Voodoo 3 2000 PCI - 28th Mar 2007 6:21pm
Ahhhh they were the days lmao!

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For Sale: 3dfx Voodoo 3 2000 PCI - 29th Mar 2007 12:19am
Looks like its sold already smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral