Forums
Posted By: venice Poor young dog.Solitary confinement. - 2nd Mar 2016 9:52am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-35635935

Why on earth do we allow this ? Keeping any dog let alone a bouncy young one locked in a confined space for 2 years without exercise or company, is sheer mental torture.

Personally I think there should be a system where a time limit of say 6 months for these appeals to go through could be operated . If the dog has been judged as too dangerous to be even walked, then it seems clear to me that it should have been destroyed much much earlier. Much as Ive loved all my dogs, I wouldnt have allowed any of them to go through this overly long detention- plus if Im honest, neither would I have wanted the responsibility of the possibility of a dog of this type ,( said to have tried to bite staff), being anywhere near the public. Very sad though.
Posted By: granny Re: Poor young dog.Solitary confinement. - 2nd Mar 2016 2:08pm
Yes, I also read about this case. Very sad and in my opinion complete cruelty. No interaction with humans or exercise for two years, is the same as torture that we as humans would not be allowed to experience. Do it to an animal and its acceptable by some. As you say Venice, if it was so vicious, they should have had it put down in the beginning. Other forces seem to be able to do that without too much delay.

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Poor young dog.Solitary confinement. - 2nd Mar 2016 3:10pm
The problem (as usual) is the owner, he had an illegal breed and should have agreed to its destruction in the first place, he is still prolonging the matter.

The police's hands are pretty much tied in the matter and were in a no win situation.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral