Forums
Posted By: margy Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 20th Feb 2015 9:45pm
My pink and grey galah cockatoo flew off from the garden at 4.10pm Thursday 19 February 2015.

She flew from Frankby Road, West Kirby, towards Wirral Mount/Black Horse Hill way.

She is a beautiful bird and very timid, so she's probably tucked away somewhere, please keep a look out for her.

Contact me if you see anything or hear anything at all [email protected] thank you. She is bright pink with light grey wings.

Can I add a photo somewhere?
Posted By: granny Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 21st Feb 2015 1:04am
So sorry to hear that. Please let her be found.

Photo can go on here .

Copy photo from your folder
open reply box on here
move to 4 icon along the top here
left click
left click on first box down (Insert a non floating image)
box appears in top left corner
delete http://
paste your pic code into the same box
left click ok
then submit as a normal post.

Hope this helps and good luck. Poor little bird.

Posted By: snowhite Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 21st Feb 2015 9:28am
I do hope you find her.
Her name would also be of help.Just incase she is spotted.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 21st Feb 2015 9:53am
Poor little bird indeed granny, unfair to keep a free bird in a cage.

Seems it's spreading its wings, ruffling it's feathers a bit.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 21st Feb 2015 2:12pm
Any news?
Posted By: venice Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 21st Feb 2015 2:33pm
Heres hoping the weather stays mild till she's found. Fingers crossed.
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 21st Feb 2015 9:20pm
No news, no sightings at all, thank you for your kind thoughts, And Ste of New Brighton, you know nothing of any circumstance so keep your views to yourself, they are not kind.

And you a troll? put on here to upset people when they are stressed?
Posted By: cools Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 21st Feb 2015 9:36pm
Don't despair Margy I,m hoping you get good news soon. We had a parrot fly off from Tony(I think ) a wiki member some time ago. He was absolutely distraught but thankfully after a few days she turned up and was returned. Here's hoping for you.
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 21st Feb 2015 10:03pm
I'm hoping that tomorrow she will emerge from hiding, she's such a timid bird, frightened of her own shadow.

I'm also hoping she is where I think she is, all it takes is for her to come out and get on one of the feeders.

Fingers crossed xx
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 21st Feb 2015 10:04pm
Her name is Lexxi by the way x
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 21st Feb 2015 10:57pm
Can people just click the 'share options'? Takes a milli- second, that is all. Lets get this bird found safe and well.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 21st Feb 2015 11:08pm
Looks something like this, I assume.

Still remember the pure horror when Our Gee, a budgy- escaped. He was hardly ever in his cage and he just flew out......gutted.

Attached picture cockatoo (Copy).jpg
Posted By: granny Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 22nd Feb 2015 1:11am
Margy, this is one success story on wiki. Don't give up as this may give you hope and a few ideas. This one was missing for a couple of days. Others have been found after a longer period of time.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...228/missing_african_grey.html#Post901228
Posted By: Dilly Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 22nd Feb 2015 4:49am
Good luck Margy , I hope you have her back soon.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 22nd Feb 2015 9:35am
With Lexxi's plummage, she shouldn't be too hard to spot if she's lying low somewhere. Someone will see her hopefully. As the owner of a large White/Umbrella Cockatoo, I feel for you. I'd be gutted if Poppy did a runner/flyer!

Fingers crossed for you. Chin up Margy!
Posted By: snowhite Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 22nd Feb 2015 10:43am
Any news about Lexxi?..Margy.
The weather is not so good today.Just keeping my fingers crossed for you x
Posted By: Tait1969 Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 22nd Feb 2015 11:12am
Good luck with finding your cockatoo - have sent out a tweet to make people aware of this thread ( maybe someone can do Facebook) and to ask if they can keep an eye out! Stay positive as birds can be very hardy when needed!
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 22nd Feb 2015 12:05pm
Good luck, my sis parrot done the same last year and was away for 5 months. Found 2 miles and thankfully the owners of the house near were he was allowed his cage to be put in garden. Several days later he went in and is home safe and sound.
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 23rd Feb 2015 11:55am
You are all great, thank you for your thoughts.

still no sign and yes, you'd think with a bright pink body she'd be seen. I think she is hiding, she's a frightened birdie.

Hope she's home soon, worried sick. xx
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 24th Feb 2015 8:45pm
Still no news, no sightings, no sound, nothing.

Supposed to be in the globe and the news tomorrow.
Posted By: cools Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 24th Feb 2015 8:50pm
So sorry you have not found her yet Margy. Was wondering.... Let's hope the publicity in the Globe will bring you some good news. Crossing my fingers, good luck..
Posted By: tonyh Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 24th Feb 2015 9:09pm
Keeping my eyes peeled margy. Had a word with the lads who go fishing around the ponds as well
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 24th Feb 2015 9:43pm
Thank you everyone, you are brilliant xx
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 25th Feb 2015 10:44pm
Still no sign:(
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 25th Feb 2015 11:25pm
Been following the thread. I am a bit useless over Here but I do hope you know I am sending lots of wishes that you get her back. Lynne x

Don't give up!!!!
Posted By: brittone05 Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 26th Feb 2015 12:50pm
Oh MArgy I really hope LExxi is found soon, I know how precious she is to you frown Its Em from Moreton btw xxx
Posted By: snowhite Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 26th Feb 2015 4:00pm
Originally Posted by margy
Still no sign:(
Dont give up.maybe a good idea to put it in the local news paper.
I do hope she is found real soon.
fingers crossed for you.xx
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 28th Feb 2015 7:36pm
No sign at all, not sightings nothing.

Hi Em. x

The local rags are really rubbish.
Posted By: granny Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 1st Mar 2015 12:05am
So worried about your little bird. I have been reading some info. which included this paragraph, so don't give up yet, we are all willing her home.

Also, talk to your companion in your heart. Let him know that you are not giving up and will find him. Keep thinking positive things and holding him in your thoughts. Parrots are telepathic and they can pick up some of our thoughts.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 1st Mar 2015 12:41am
Originally Posted by granny
So worried about your little bird. I have been reading some info. which included this paragraph, so don't give up yet, we are all willing her home.

Also, talk to your companion in your heart. Let him know that you are not giving up and will find him. Keep thinking positive things and holding him in your thoughts. Parrots are telepathic and they can pick up some of our thoughts.
So sad i hope you do find her.Dont give up xx
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 2nd Mar 2015 10:58am
xx
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 3rd Mar 2015 10:33pm
Spoken to a lady tonight, she saw lexxi on the day she went in her garden, by Newton Football ground, Greasby.

So off to trawl around the area and put posters up in the morning.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 3rd Mar 2015 10:47pm
Fingers crossed. Here's hoping !!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 3rd Mar 2015 10:53pm
This is great news margy, let us know. Stay positive x
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 3rd Mar 2015 11:00pm
Fantastic news!!!! Got everything crossed!!!!
Posted By: cools Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 4th Mar 2015 8:12am
Ooh here's hoping you find Lexxi, someone may have taken her in. Good luck Margy x
Posted By: granny Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 4th Mar 2015 11:26am
Fingers, legs and eyes crossed......good luck Margy
Posted By: Dilly Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 4th Mar 2015 1:30pm
Yes the very best of luck to you Margy.
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 4th Mar 2015 7:31pm
No sign of Lexxi anywhere, though lots of posters put up and more to go up tomorrow.

Thank you for all your positive remarks, it really does help xx
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 4th Mar 2015 7:56pm
Probably teaching my granny to suck eggs but have you been in touch with the local Birdwatcher groups?
Posted By: granny Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 6th Mar 2015 1:37am
How far can they fly? There was one found on the 20th in Halifax. It's only 72 miles from West Kirby by road, as a bird fly's it would be less.
Being hopeful.

Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 6th Mar 2015 10:42am
Where is this information please Granny? Quite possible with the winds!
Posted By: granny Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 6th Mar 2015 11:30am

http://www.parrotmag.com/lost-and-found-register?popup=1&tmpl=component

Oh I do hope so.!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 6th Mar 2015 11:53am
Hell granny well done!

Let us know margy asap x
Posted By: cools Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 6th Mar 2015 11:57am
Good work Granny, didn't know a site like this was around. Oh Margy hoping and praying it is Lexxi. x
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 6th Mar 2015 12:19pm
Thank you granny, waiting on a phonecall from John Haywood now !!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 6th Mar 2015 6:22pm
Anything margy????
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 6th Mar 2015 7:58pm
What a day!

waited all day for the lost and found parrots uk to ring back, he said that he didn't cross reference the galah with y galah because it would be too far away!!! er, no it wouldn't. Then he said that Birdline had been asked to pick a bird up, they couldn't arrange it, so one of the vet staff had taken the galah home.
So, still on the phone, no one knows the name of the vets! But it was in Halifax so about to email all then vets in Halifax! so no, no news about Lexxi, it could be her, I have to find out.
Posted By: cools Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 6th Mar 2015 8:05pm
Oh poor you Margy your nerves must be shredded, so still in limbo! It is a fair distance but abit of a coincidence for two galah cockatoos to go missing about same time. Hope you get some good news soon x
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 6th Mar 2015 8:20pm
I really feel for you Margy. When Gee escaped, I recieved a random phone call from someone who thought she had my budge.

I put my jeans and shoes back on with one hand whilst on the phone to the woman with the other.....then she said she was in the South East frown According to her, it was entirely plausible for a budgie to travel so far.

There is a thread on here somewhere with members comparing 'our Gee' and the bird, similiar looking who was found....

They are plucky (no pun). Never give up hope...x
Posted By: granny Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 6th Mar 2015 9:00pm
What a nightmare, but keep the hope. As you say it could be her and not finding out would torment you for ever.

Is there anything any of us can do to help ? Also, have you phoned Birdline ? They would know the location of where the bird could have been picked up from, that could help locate the vet.

I think we are all suffering with you on here Margy. Suggestion that you phone everyone of them tomorrow as well as emailing.

Local radio station http://www.phoenixfm.co.uk/
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 6th Mar 2015 9:20pm
Spoken to birdline, a few times, Halifax but nothing more as the vet was supposed to get back to them, Could be that someone claimed the galah, thats why they didn't get back. Will phone but working in the morning and no chance at all to phone whilst they are open. Usually only a couple of hours on a saturday. Had a few more 'nasty' calls from kids, thinking they are so clever but not that clever that they don't hide their numbers! a couple of calls of parrot noises, which have been investigated. It's a waiting game I feel.....which it would just hurry itself up!
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 6th Mar 2015 9:24pm
[img]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i28/margy_2006/256x256_fit_one_bestfit34_zpsf7d29424.jpg?727[/img]

Her's a link for my beautiful girl.
Posted By: granny Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 6th Mar 2015 9:41pm
Would you like me to phone some of the vets for you ?
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 6th Mar 2015 9:49pm
Thank you for the offer Granny, lets see what the emails bring back to me, if there is no response, then I'll be ringing around, or hubby can do it. xx
Posted By: granny Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 6th Mar 2015 10:02pm
That's ok but ask if you need, I'm sure we would all help if we could.
What a beautiful bird, Margy.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 7th Mar 2015 2:04pm
Margy... On the possibility of her heading for Halifax, I've dug up the wind details for the 18th,19th and 20th Feb.2015. Using "Wirral" as the reference point, the mean wind speeds on those days were:

18th Feb. SW 25-32mph
19th Feb SSW 25mph
20th Feb W 19mph

On the 18th and 19th, Halifax would have been downwind(ish). Depends I suppose on how strong a flier she is, even with a following wind?

We are all still hoping for a happy outcome on this.
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 7th Mar 2015 8:37pm
Thats pointing to her not being in Halifax or even Huddersfield as BL have decided now that it wasn't halifax, though ca't really remember!
She's a flier but not air fit, aviary fit yes, but not air fit, think she may have been blown down wind not upwind. Thank you for that, though I still need to follow this through to see where she is. I'll post a bit later of where we are up to xx

Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 7th Mar 2015 9:46pm
No replies from any of the vets in Halifax. A very kind soul called Scarlett, kindly offered to phone all the vets for me this morning whilst I really was tied up at work. she not only phoned the vets and asked them if they had had a Galah handed in but also called the person from Birdline who took the call from the vets.

To cut a long story short, BL person didn't take any contact details as she was expecting the vets to call back after they had taken ring number and called John Hayward to let him know about the Galah. They didn't. She hadn't taken any details she said but it was definitely Halifax. After speaking to Scarlett, being asked to find the telephone records and trace it back from there, she couldn't she said as they had hundreds of calls! She then phoned hubby, while I was at work and decided it could have been Huddersfield!

So, back to work finding the numbers of the vets in Huddersfield, sending them all emails and as I'm at work yet again, all day, Scarlett has kindly offered to do the telephone part!

The husband is really hopeless at this kind of thing unless it's for a motorbike part and to be honest, I know if Scarlett gets on the phone she won't be fobbed off, she can smell a rat a mile off.

Really frustrating I know, trying very hard to stay calm and to take things in my stride.. Can't say it's very proffessional of BL to not take a contact number. This may not be Lexxi, but if a Galah has been handed in, I want to make absolutely sure it's not her. I've got to.
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 9th Mar 2015 8:19pm
Had a sighting in West Kirby, Bolton Avenue to be precise. A man phoned this afternoon, said he saw her saturday morning 6.30 am. in a tree in his garden. didn't know about any missing galah's until he saw the poster today.

So thats another lead to go and investigate. Keep your eyes out West Kirbites please!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 9th Mar 2015 8:24pm
Originally Posted by margy
Had a sighting in West Kirby, Bolton Avenue to be precise. A man phoned this afternoon, said he saw her saturday morning 6.30 am. in a tree in his garden. didn't know about any missing galah's until he saw the poster today.

So thats another lead to go and investigate. Keep your eyes out West Kirbites please!

THAT is encouraging news indeed. A little more likely than Halifax etc.
Posted By: cools Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 9th Mar 2015 8:31pm
Good luck yet again Margy in your search for Lexxi. I really really hope you get a phone call to say she's been found and you can go get her. X
Posted By: snowhite Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 9th Mar 2015 8:47pm
My thoughts are with you Margy,
I hope lexxi will be back with you soon xx
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 9th Mar 2015 8:58pm
Me too everyone, wish she would come home. her sister is doing strange things out in the aviary and watching through the window, think she knows she is out there close by.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 9th Mar 2015 9:17pm
Take her sister out in the open in West Kirby in a cage, on Grange hill (which is right by Boulton Road). A few whistles (or whatever they do) might do the trick.
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 9th Mar 2015 9:34pm
She's been out a few times, but I will take her out again, and make her sing!
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 10th Mar 2015 9:31pm
Dead end, it was the ringneck again flying around.
Posted By: cools Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 10th Mar 2015 10:15pm
Sorry to hear that Margy. So it goes on, you must feel rotten...what is a Ringneck is it a wild bird? Still hoping for you x
Posted By: granny Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 11th Mar 2015 12:10am
Great pity. As Cools said, we are still hoping.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 11th Mar 2015 11:17am
Maybe someone has taken it in to there home and adopted it????
Never the less our thoughts are still with you and Lexxi x.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 11th Mar 2015 6:17pm
Any news, Margy? x
Posted By: margy Re: Galah Cockatoo has flown off! - 11th Mar 2015 7:30pm
No, no news, it is in the wirral news, the tiniest size they could make it, not sure about the globe yet, haven't had it.

A ringneck is a parrot, a green one.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral