Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Dog Poo Etiquette - 9th Feb 2015 6:05pm
I am not a dog owner. Having noted , over the years,the rather stomach turning albeit natural activity of dogs pooing when out with there owners I wonder is it better for them to pooh on the pavement or grass verge before its picked up by owner?

Have always wondered why owners let the dog just pooh straight on the ground before having to ceremoniously pick it up with a bag. On many occasions there seems ample time to put something on the ground for the dog to *rap onto--like a piece of newspaper or a plastic shopping bag--thus making it easier to pick up.

Just some random thoughts that crossed my mind today whilst on school crossing duty and seeing a lad picking up a pile his dogs had done but leaving a great smear of it on the pavement.

Is there any dog code etiquette?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 9th Feb 2015 7:55pm
I very rarely pick my dogs shit up t.b.h. Plusone does it. I believe Sand is the favoured 'landing station' as the turd can be scooped up with a handful of sand.

* I do pick up the turds when I have to though!!! I would prefer a pavement than a grassy-knoll.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 9th Feb 2015 8:03pm
[youtube]IrlhLF1c3k[/youtube]
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 9th Feb 2015 8:13pm
Fish ,i pick up on what ever surface sally has a no2 ,grass,pavement, beach ,but agree that if it is a'messy' one,you can leave a residue..and if you know your dog is 'loose' newspaper sounds a good idea. Not so long ago ,she was 'loose' unexpected and ,,i used leaves to 'clean over the mess and used my welly to push it ,against the wall,another dog owner said she would do the same if her dog was ill. I agree that it is an issuethat should be addressed.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 10th Feb 2015 1:24pm
Someone keeps letting a dog poo on my front verge.
Interesting trying to get into the car at night, have gone into it a few times - if I saw culprit doing it, I'd be straight out there!
Posted By: snowhite Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 10th Feb 2015 1:29pm
Originally Posted by DavidB
Someone keeps letting a dog poo on my front verge.
Interesting trying to get into the car at night, have gone into it a few times - if I saw culprit doing it, I'd be straight out there!
Put it in a bag and post it through his or her letter box.
They pretend to bag it.And watch to see if you are looking or not, then walk off.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 10th Feb 2015 2:36pm
I notice that although people bag the poo and the amount of "exposed" dog excrement is very low, there has been a huge increase in small black bags littering the streets with small parcels enclosed.

...if people are going to the trouble of bagging it, why do they also not dispose of it properly also think
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 10th Feb 2015 3:10pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
...if people are going to the trouble of bagging it, why do they also not dispose of it properly also think

You never used to see Poo Trees, as my children called them, especially in Winter the branches hung with little black & grey bags....If you go to the trouble of carrying a bag & picking it up, why oh why can you not then dispose of it in a bin.
1) Always pick up your dogs poo.
2) Your dogs poo should be solid, if not find out why.
3) if the dog is unwell, carry a bottle of water so you can wash away as much as you can.
4) I've never seen a dog Warden in my life, I've never heard of anyone fined for fouling.
5) If you cannot pick up poo, don't have a dog.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 10th Feb 2015 3:56pm
I notice that although people bag the poo and the amount of "exposed" dog excrement is very low, there has been a huge increase in small black bags littering the streets with small parcels enclosed.

Bidston moss is the worst.doggy poo bags with poo in them.Littering most of that area.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 10th Feb 2015 4:08pm
The Wirral Way is littered with bags of dog excrement, I can only think that these people pick it up when they think they are being watched and then throw it away when they think they're not. I really do not understand the mindset of these people, and yet there are obviously thousands of them on the Wirral so at least one of these poo tossers must be reading this thread, so come on, explain to us responsible dog owners why you do it.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 10th Feb 2015 4:27pm
Not so long ago ,my husband was aware of a man throwing his poo bags in our fenced off front, he let this build up to a 'carrier bag' FULL then one night, watched were he went and followed , then abit later THROWED THE LOT BACK ,IN HIS FRONT GARDEN.< Hubby was always in his van ,waiting for me to come home,to park up the drive first, the bloke never saw him.> lol
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 10th Feb 2015 4:50pm
Originally Posted by missmahjong
Not so long ago ,my husband was aware of a man throwing his poo bags in our fenced off front, he let this build up to a 'carrier bag' FULL then one night, watched were he went and followed , then abit later THROWED THE LOT BACK ,IN HIS FRONT GARDEN.< Hubby was always in his van ,waiting for me to come home,to park up the drive first, the bloke never saw him.> lol
laffin Way to go....
Posted By: Giggler Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 10th Feb 2015 9:34pm
I think dog owners that don`t pick up dog poo are disgusting. But why bag it then leave the bag? Its bad enough not bagged but a bag will take a lot longer to bio degrade.
I work in Heswall. I saw a woman throw her filled dog poo bags over the fence of a big house quite a few times. If I can see she`s got a full bag now I make sure she sees me. She`s stopped throwing them! Why should her dogs poo be someone elses problem?
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 10th Feb 2015 10:10pm
vac that poo away with this
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 11th Feb 2015 9:10am
if only, we could train dogs.

Attached picture kC.jpg
Posted By: casper Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 11th Feb 2015 10:43am
I believe the current etiquette is to hang the bag on the nearest tree, this is eyelevel and makes the passer bye aware, in the summer the stench provides an early warning system for the pedestrian to avoid, so thanks to all the thoughtless dog owners that cant be bothered to takes their animals mess home.
Posted By: granny Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 11th Feb 2015 11:46am
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
I very rarely pick my dogs shit up t.b.h. Plusone does it. I believe Sand is the favoured 'landing station' as the turd can be scooped up with a handful of sand.

* I do pick up the turds when I have to though!!! I would prefer a pavement than a grassy-knoll.

They can be trained. Our dogs always did their business in the garden, before they went for a walk. Never a problem. The same applies to my sons dog now. Clear it up when you get back from the walk.

They are clever enough to learn, it a shame the owners can't learn about the dogs capabilities.
Picking up dog shit is part of the course, if one doesn't like to do it, they shouldn't have a dog. A bit like gardening. If you don't like weeding, don't have a garden !
Posted By: starakita Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 11th Feb 2015 12:15pm
I try & get mine to poo on soil makes it a bit easier to get it all up or if we go to the beach on the sand so I can bag it & bin it.She was trained by someone or learnt it at her time in the kennels to pee in the grid.problem is lack of bins,there's plenty were I go but the likes of the Wirral way there is hardly any.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 11th Feb 2015 3:15pm

After saying that yesterday, I went out running last night and managed to step in an abandoned turd on the pavement - lovely mad
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 12th Feb 2015 8:16pm
I was considering developing some kind of liquid nitrogen spray that would instantly freeze the stuff solid but it s dodgy stuff.
Posted By: Near_Oval Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 13th Feb 2015 6:14am
Question about dog walking etiquette - walking with your canine companion, as you approach a hoise front gate, occupants are arriving or leaving, dog decides to urinate on gate post, whats the appropriate action-
A. Let it
B. Pull the lead and move on
C. Something else?

Cheers, 'asking for a friend'
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 25th Mar 2015 7:37pm
This made me chuckle. Gets the message across but with humour. From The Black Pearl Facebook page.

Attached picture Black Pearl poo.jpg
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 25th Mar 2015 8:03pm
LOVE IT...
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 25th Mar 2015 8:09pm
Slightly off topic, if ever you visit Paris you will quickly adopt what is called the parisian shuffle. It's a beautiful city but the pavements are littered with dog crap, it's a major issue that makes dog fowling here pail into insignificance.
Posted By: starakita Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 25th Mar 2015 8:21pm
This made me chuckle. Gets the message across but with humour. From The Black Pearl Facebook page.
I saw this & it made me smile too but it's not on letting your dog crap knowing kids will be playing round there.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 25th Mar 2015 8:22pm
Originally Posted by starakita
I saw this & it made me smile too but it's not on letting your dog crap knowing kids will be playing round there.
withthat
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 25th Mar 2015 8:24pm
Originally Posted by GeeMeister
Slightly off topic, if ever you visit Paris you will quickly adopt what is called the parisian shuffle. It's a beautiful city but the pavements are littered with dog crap, it's a major issue that makes dog fowling here pail into insignificance.
Eeeeeeeeeeeee sick
Posted By: Tatey Re: Dog Poo Etiquette - 26th Mar 2015 8:08am
I always though that the Poo Fairy came out at night to take away the poo bags!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral