Forums
Posted By: beckycavanagh Missing African grey parrot - 17th Sep 2014 11:29pm
Hi my boyfriends mums African grey parrot got out today and has flew away her name is Kiki and we are all worried about her, his mum is on holiday at the min and we would love to get her back before she gets home I no it's a long shot because it's not often you see them outdoors but can you all please keep a eye on your garden and sheds she will be very scared and looking for her mum and dad. Any help or possible sightings would be greatly appreciated she went missing around 7pm on Wednesday night in the moreton area.
Let's get Kiki home were she belongs smile
Posted By: granny Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 7:54am
This may be of some help.

http://www.parrotmag.com/lost-and-found-register?popup=1&tmpl=component

Really sorry to hear your story. Fingers crossed, Kiki will be reunited.
Posted By: tonyh Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 8:05am
Thanks granny, we are on our way home to look for her.I have put a substantial reward up for her return so hopefully she will be brought home.
Posted By: granny Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 9:07am
This is obviously not a UK site, but no doubt the same principles will help you.

http://www.parrottalk.com/missing.html

I was once told they can head for the coast but not sure if that is necessarily true.

Posted By: tonyh Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 10:28am
Picture of her on the lost and found page.
Posted By: beckycavanagh Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 11:18am
We was on that site last night granny also found another one wich told us to play parrot noises as she would come to it thinking it was a mate we sat in every road possible even parks most of the night looking and listening but herd nothing fingers crossed someone has found her or she's in someone's she's for the warmth the door to door nocking starts today so fingers crossed xxx
Posted By: tonyh Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 12:16pm
Becky get Jake to give Chris a lift onto the decking with the cage.
Posted By: tonyh Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 12:17pm
We'll be home about 8 in the morning.
Posted By: beckycavanagh Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 12:45pm
We're going there soon so I will do just at some houses checking gardens now and shud we make missing posters and stick them up ?
Posted By: tonyh Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 12:49pm
Yes good idea I've rung all the vets and pet shops. She will certainly be in someone's garden or bushes where she can hide and be safe.
Posted By: beckycavanagh Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 12:51pm
Ok we will do that aswell and were all looking so fingers crossed hope u all get home safe
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 12:55pm
best of luck. shared on facebook and twitter.
Posted By: tonyh Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 1:04pm
Thanks rudebox I'm feeling helpless over here. But thanks to everyone who uses social media and fb hopefully she'll be found. I'm absolutely gutted that she's missing.
Posted By: beckycavanagh Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 5:23pm
Tony we have been in all the gardens put signs up and got all the local bird watches down on the golfy keeping there eyes out for her x
Posted By: tonyh Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 5:39pm
Thanks Beck. 24 hours without food and water though, is a long time.
Hopefully she has survived but I don't hold much hope. X.
Posted By: beckycavanagh Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 5:51pm
Ino were keeping looking though when it gets a bit darker we will be back out see if she's calling out fingers crossed !! X
Posted By: cools Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 6:16pm
Oh I do hope you find Kiki. I really feel for you! I'm not near moreton but still you never know , so I have been keeping a lookout as well. Good luck.
Posted By: beckycavanagh Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 6:17pm
Thanks cools x
Posted By: tonyh Re: Missing African grey parrot - 18th Sep 2014 6:24pm
In absolute bits Cools. Thanks for your help.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral