Forums
Posted By: Caffe White dog poo!!! - 23rd Aug 2014 9:21pm
After taking the mut out for his last walk tonight,was surprised the poo was white!! When I I was a kid in the 70 's I can remember white dog poo everywhere!! But should I take him the vets??
Posted By: Caffe Re: White dog poo!!! - 23rd Aug 2014 9:35pm
Awfull as it sounds quite fancy some arctic roll or butterscotch angel delight , strange how things can to take you back!
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: White dog poo!!! - 23rd Aug 2014 9:38pm
I`m quite good at talking poo..

White stools typically indicate high amounts of calcium in your dog's diet. White dog poop used to be more common a few decades ago, when dogs were fed people food and bones much more frequently. However, it's important to note that light-colored stools can indicate liver problems.
source..
http://www.tripswithpets.com/twp-blog/scoping-out-your-dogs-poop
Posted By: Caffe Re: White dog poo!!! - 23rd Aug 2014 9:47pm
Thanks, think a trip to vets is in order as haven't changed his diet!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: White dog poo!!! - 24th Aug 2014 12:48am
Yer, cheap n nasty food- to much calcium. get onto www.wirraldogfood.com
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: White dog poo!!! - 24th Aug 2014 8:54am
should of took a photo, not seen that for ages laugh
Posted By: bigpete Re: White dog poo!!! - 24th Aug 2014 12:31pm
Memories - crumbly as a piece of chalk and dry as hell
Posted By: chriskay Re: White dog poo!!! - 24th Aug 2014 4:30pm
Used to be the best for tanneries: can't remember why.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: White dog poo!!! - 24th Aug 2014 4:58pm
Also as a medicine..
Album graecum
White dog dung was formerly used as a medicinal drug, often mixed with honey, to cleanse and deterge, chiefly in inflammations of the throat. Externally, it was used as a plaster, spread on skin to close and heal wounds.

and..

Quote:
A Gargle for a Quinsy.
Take Columbines 2 handfuls; inner rind of Elm 1 ounce; Jews Ears, Liquorice, Album Graecum, each half an ounce; boil in Water 2 pints and half to 26 ounces; in the strain'd dissolve Salt Armoniac 2 drams; Syrup of Raspberries, Honey of Roses, each 3 ounces.
It humects, foments and mollifies the Muscles of the Throat, when inflam'd, swol'n up 'till almost crack'd, parch'd and scorch'd with Drought and Heat. It deterges the Glands and salivale Ducts, when outwardly smear'd over with Slime, and opens them when inwardly stuffed up with Phlegm.
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: White dog poo!!! - 25th Aug 2014 5:10pm
Also furry dog poo. When I was a kid in the late 80s I found a hairy poo and I picked it up thinking it was a mouse, unfortunately it wasn't frown
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: White dog poo!!! - 25th Aug 2014 5:50pm
Hairy poo? Not heard of that! lol. As kids (early eighties) we did make Poo Hedgehogs with used matchsticks, though...
seeyu
Posted By: katyem Re: White dog poo!!! - 25th Aug 2014 6:56pm
My dogs are raw fed and their poo turns white and crumbly after a few hours. It is not white when they are poo-ing I think a trip to the vet is a good idea.
Posted By: Tilly Re: White dog poo!!! - 26th Aug 2014 3:44am
If your feeding your dog raw food, white pooh is an indication of too much bone in their diet. If you feed kibble it's probably one that's too high in calcium.
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: White dog poo!!! - 26th Aug 2014 6:29pm
Have a read on here http://dogsdiner.webs.com/
© Wirral-Wikiwirral