Forums
Posted By: venice WHAAAAAT?????? - 12th Aug 2014 10:07am
Flipping heck -- Ive just been quoted £35 for getting our medium long coated corgi size dog a straightforward all over clip down to short!! Last year I paid £22. What does anyone else pay?

Posted By: venice Re: WHAAAAAT?????? - 12th Aug 2014 10:40am
Oh thats MUCH more like it - just rang a mobile one and £20 is the estimate and pooch can relax in his own home -so thats the one. Some places just price themselves out of business eventually. So long as my dog doesnt get skin cuts Ill be happy , dont care what he looks like.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: WHAAAAAT?????? - 12th Aug 2014 7:47pm
I pay £30 to have my medium sized Cocker-poo clipped/shaved which I think is a bit too much. Considering she doesn't get styled, just literally a short back and sides, I hate to think what I'd have to pay if she did need a proper hair-do !
Posted By: chris58 Re: WHAAAAAT?????? - 12th Aug 2014 9:43pm
I pay 30.00 each for my two Cavaliers always pleased with the results
Posted By: venice Re: WHAAAAAT?????? - 12th Aug 2014 10:16pm
Gosh, I was convinced everyone was going to say about the £25 mark. Its an expensive business this shorn dog thing! Im very pleased with my mobile quote then . Hope its a good job.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: WHAAAAAT?????? - 12th Aug 2014 10:21pm
I can do dogs, dirt cheap..
[Linked Image]
Posted By: venice Re: WHAAAAAT?????? - 13th Aug 2014 9:20am
Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! Good one Zip ! You always find the right one!
Posted By: fish5133 Re: WHAAAAAT?????? - 13th Aug 2014 9:51am
how much do you ladies pay for a hair do !
Posted By: venice Re: WHAAAAAT?????? - 13th Aug 2014 2:40pm
NOTHING in my case , I wear it tied back, so just hack a few inches off every so often .Im a dab hand at cutting behind my back. Not straight necessarily lol, but its generally effectively shorter . grin
Posted By: chris58 Re: WHAAAAAT?????? - 13th Aug 2014 4:56pm
Can't disclose that Fish even my husband doesn't know!
Posted By: svstevie Re: WHAAAAAT?????? - 13th Aug 2014 5:34pm
If it is just an all over "short" clip with no fancy bits - buy yourself a set of decent dog clippers and do it yourself.
Posted By: venice Re: WHAAAAAT?????? - 13th Aug 2014 10:42pm
I did consider that actually , but I believe a decent pair that doesnt break, pull on the skin etc --like an Oster cost over £100 and Im only clipping the dog as a one off.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: WHAAAAAT?????? - 14th Aug 2014 7:22am
My dog groomer charges £22,this includes nails,bath,and a treat after. she is also mobile so comes to my house and i can see exactly what she is doing.
Posted By: venice Re: WHAAAAAT?????? - 14th Aug 2014 2:25pm
Thats good value. Does she use your bath or is she equipped with a vehicle that has bathing facilities in some way? What size of dog is that charge for , --all Wirral?
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: WHAAAAAT?????? - 15th Aug 2014 9:00am
No she is bathed in home bath. I tend to do that bit though. My dog is a shiztu. I have replied to your pm.
Posted By: venice Re: WHAAAAAT?????? - 15th Aug 2014 9:30am
pm? nothing there pegsgirl.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral