Forums
Posted By: sofieelou Boxer dog free to good home - 13th Jun 2014 2:27pm
Boxer dog free to good home 4 years old I took him because owner didn't want him move home and someone has complain as dogs ain't allowed so have to get rid of him am absolutely gutted he quite protective be brill as guard dog lovely but is very wary of new people. But easily gets used to people

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 13th Jun 2014 3:17pm
Sofie we had post like this last year with a lovely happy ending for a 5yr old boxer dog in need of a good home thanks to Joe legacy's Boxer dog rescue in Liverpool.

Last years boxer dog re-homing clicky

Joe Legacy Boxer rescue in Liverpool is the place to get in touch with if you want assurance that your dog will be going to a good loving forever home, and you won't have to worry that he won't be used as dog fighting bait or just left to rot and starve in a small back yard being used as guard/trophy dog once the novelty of getting a free dog has worn off.

Boxer Rescue Liverpool clicky

Boxer rescue Liverpool Facebook page clicky

They will keep you updated with your dogs progress on being re-homed if you ask them.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. X
Posted By: sofieelou Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 13th Jun 2014 5:18pm
Thank you don't even wanna let him go x
Posted By: LittleFoote Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 13th Jun 2014 7:22pm
Please don't give him away for free. People pick dogs up for free for dog baiting. Try Liverpool Boxer Rescue too.
Posted By: LittleFoote Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 13th Jun 2014 7:33pm
Or these guys.

Friends of the animals rct.

These are really good people. The dog goes to foster first so the behaviour can be assessed and the adoptor gets chosen to suit the dogs needs rather than the other way.

They have foster homes all over the country too.

Posted By: Kev30x Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 14th Jun 2014 10:54am
Originally Posted by sofieelou
Thank you don't even wanna let him go x

Sofie the only option you have really is to move house if you want to keep the dog, but i know that is easier said than done luv, and the chances of finding someone local decent to re-home your dog is gonna be a big gamble because you are giving him away for free and because he is a boxer dog, they have a high chance of being abused in one way or another. You won't regret handing him over to Joe Legacy boxer rescue because they are massive boxer dog lovers and they do home checks when they re-home the dogs etc and don't just re-home them with anyone. Let us know what you decide to do and im sorry that you have been put in this predicament hun. X
Posted By: trouble Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 14th Jun 2014 2:24pm
i was in same situation last year and i had all kinds of ... bags ringing up . if u can sleep at night knowing he mite get battered then go ahead or do what i done and phone boxer rescue who came next day and collected him . he is now with a couple who love him to bits an doing great . they charge people 200 to buy a boxer so u no he gna be looked afer an he will be picked up soon cos e a stunner x
Posted By: TudorBlue Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 14th Jun 2014 2:52pm
Is he good with children????
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 18th Jun 2014 4:58pm
Any updates Sofie?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 18th Jun 2014 9:27pm
I, as a DOG LOVER passed on the information/ photo to somebody who is very interested. They are experienced Boxer owners and I can vouch for them that your pooch will be loved and looked after. Please P.M me.
Posted By: madrob Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 18th Jun 2014 9:38pm
Hes in birkenhead dog pound needs saving
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 18th Jun 2014 9:56pm
Originally Posted by madrob
Hes in birkenhead dog pound needs saving
NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Really???? FFS. Well, I'm FUMING!!! Easy option, I suppose?? *Gob zipped- I'm off
Posted By: katyem Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 18th Jun 2014 10:19pm
http://www.wirral.gov.uk/wirraldogs/Detail.asp?DogsID=8495

is this him then? He looks very forlorn, would your friend still be interested in adopting him from the pound?
Posted By: madrob Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 19th Jun 2014 5:25am
Yes thats him
Posted By: katyem Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 19th Jun 2014 6:31am
That's so sad I don't understand why he didn't go to boxer rescue

I have two French bulldogs and kids so I couln@t rehome him as the post said about him being protective etc

I hope someone adopts him soon he looks so scared on the pic.
Posted By: madrob Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 19th Jun 2014 8:27am
Yes lets hope he get a nice new home soon
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 19th Jun 2014 5:50pm
Sofie you absolute Careless ***********!!!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 19th Jun 2014 6:33pm
Kennel Reference: 214015775
Date Found: 15 June 2014
Where Found: Seacombe , Clarence Road
Collar and Tag Details: None
Description: Boxer, brindle & white, docked tail. This dog is a stray and we do not know anything about his background or how he interacts around children or other animals. We can only assess his behaviour during the limited time at the kennels

The saddest part in Bold.
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 19th Jun 2014 6:49pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
I, as a DOG LOVER passed on the information/ photo to somebody who is very interested. They are experienced Boxer owners and I can vouch for them that your pooch will be loved and looked after. Please P.M me.

Rude, if your connection is still interested in the dog then i will send you £20 to pass onto him/her towards bailing the poor bugga out of the Pound X
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 19th Jun 2014 7:13pm
Ill throw in £20
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 19th Jun 2014 9:07pm
So only 2 days after sofieelou tried to find him a home he was found in the street as a stray !! Absolutely disgusted..... she tried really hard to get him a home didn't she ??
Could he not have been taken to a safe place instead of being left to roam the streets. Poor mite hope he finds a loving home soon
mad thumbsdown
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 19th Jun 2014 9:14pm
Will speak with her tomoz guys.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 19th Jun 2014 9:19pm
Originally Posted by Sneezy
So only 2 days after sofieelou tried to find him a home he was found in the street as a stray !! Absolutely disgusted..... she tried really hard to get him a home didn't she ??
Could he not have been taken to a safe place instead of being left to roam the streets. Poor mite hope he finds a loving home soon
mad thumbsdown
We don't know that she let him out to fend for himself. She may have done a Judas Iscariot and denied knowing him....pretended to have found him.....or got a friend to do it. frown Now, the Pound have no idea of his personality. She knew he is wary around strangers but soon gets used to them, the Pound may view his initial behaviour as hostile. I have been trying to find an email for them, to link this thread.
Posted By: rocks Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 19th Jun 2014 9:21pm
Rude introduced me to the lady who is interested in this dog last week and after seeing how lovely her two boxers are i know this dog would have a fantastic life with her so i hope this has a happy ending!
and Kev30x and Vanmanone what a lovely gesture wink x
Posted By: motionspoon3 Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 20th Jun 2014 1:25am
Maybe sofilou did rehome him and he ran away from the new owner trying to find home? (I would like to think that was the case)

Heres a copy of my inbox to help vindicate sofilou (hopefully)

#291004 - 14th Jun 2014 7:22am hello again smile
motionspoon3 Online content
Newbeee

Loc: Birkenhead
Hello again, its the guy who you kindly gave your tv's to, I've just noticed you need to rehome your boxer, I am definitely interested in rehoming him for you, I was wondering - how is his temperament?

I am a real dog lover, infact we all are, I have a wife, an 18 year old daughter and a 9 year old daughter, I have a house with a large grassed back garden and I would truly love to rehome him for you, he would be pampered/well fed/walked twice daily and he would be truly loved and cherished by us all, please send me a message when you get this, he is a beautiful looking lil fella and I would be delighted if you were to allow me to rehome him for you.

Peter smile

Top Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Email Topic
Unread By: none
#291009 - 14th Jun 2014 9:09am Re: hello again smile
sofieelou Offline

Loc: birkenhead
Hi this sounds amazing he's lovely he is very wary of new people so can bark and come across a little but scared but once he's used to you he's ok... Fab of the lead comes back really good. Could possible do with being neutered if am honest to calm him down a little he just need a good home the lad I go him off had him in a cage muzzled and it was horrible so he's a lot better now but I've moved and unfortunately can't keep him there I'd like you to meet him but maybe in a park cause he's protective of my home... He's only going to end up in the pound he's not perfect but he's really lovely just needs to be settled and he will be fine !! X

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Email Topic
#291025 - 14th Jun 2014 5:31pm Re: hello again smile
Newbeee

aww bless him, I can make arrangements with you to meet tomorrow at some point to see how we get along, and then we can have a talk and take it from there? Maybe some point in the afternoon if that is good with you? Feel so sorry for him, he looks lovely, lets see how he is in the park with me, I am sure we will be fine, but I also think the park meet is a good idea x

So Sunday afternoon or early eve if thats good with you so I can meet him? x

Top Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Email Topic
#291028 - 14th Jun 2014 6:07pm Re: hello again smile
sofieelou Offline

Loc: birkenhead
Sorry to let you down but someone came and got him before... I was waiting on your reply frown am so sorry x

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Email Topic
#291032 - 14th Jun 2014 8:59pm Re: hello again smile
Newbeee

ok, not to worry, as long as he has gone to a good home then that is all thats important, thanks all the same smile
Posted By: motionspoon3 Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 20th Jun 2014 1:29am
I am wondering did tudorblue go and pick him up

Re: Boxer dog free to good home [Re: sofieelou]
TudorBlue Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Leasowe
Is he good with children????

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify

And he then ran away from the new owner trying to find home?

Failing that maybe sofilou released him into the seacombe wilderness but having met her and read her responses I would certainly think this is not the case?

Is it even the same dog? (probably is but not definitely) area wise is 3.5 miles apart - the timing is impeccable tho and the 2 images do look very alike, hope the poor dog gets rehomed to where he deserves to be, I am guessing and assuming that he was infact picked up and rehomed, then he has ran free and tried to find his home roost at the first opportunity he got...
Posted By: granny Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 20th Jun 2014 1:42am
Sofieelou was on here last year, interested in Trouble's dog. Aren't you glad you did the right thing Trouble? hi

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/802049/1.html

She obviously has not gone to look for him at the dog pound. Bit of a mystery!
Posted By: mikroc Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 20th Jun 2014 10:41am
The dog was taken by a couple on Saturday who had dogs that dappy could t get on with other dogs and released him that's why he's in the pound
Posted By: sofieelou Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 20th Jun 2014 11:10am
Excuse me for all your information I did rehome the boxer and the owner couldnt cope and too him to the pound claiming he was stray they are both being prosecuted for there actions..so before you go calling me careless get your facts straight... I have contacted boxer rescue and he is being assess as he is a little aggressive toward new people... So if any one has anythink to say am happy for you to come to speak to me get your facts straight
Posted By: sofieelou Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 20th Jun 2014 11:16am
Yeh my circumstances have changed since then so before you go slagging me of you need to no what's going on !!
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 20th Jun 2014 11:27am
Sofie apologizies for calling you a careless so and so, i actually did have a feeling that something was not adding up as you seem a nice girl by your previous posts etc hence why i never went over board with a rant, so once again i am sorry for my part. Can you confirm that Dappy is now in the Joe Legacy boxer rescue (link that i provided for you) and would you mind if i check up on his progress as he seems very depressed at the monent with all this chopping and changing and i don't wan't him being misunderstood by anyone which may lead to the poor sod bein put to sleep, all because he is not in the right frame of mind at the minute, thanks to mindless people.
Posted By: sofieelou Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 20th Jun 2014 11:43am
The dog is still with the pound he has to be assessed for a week so I be been keeping intouch with them and they have been letting me no it's so horrible but my circumstances ment I couldn't keep the dog frown he's so lovely just needs a chance.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 20th Jun 2014 11:53am
As far as I know my contact went to see him this morning. Will ask how it went later.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 20th Jun 2014 4:36pm
Yes, she did go this morning. Dappy was snarling at her behind the gate. The woman explained that the Boxer people will be assessing Dappy and my woman will be returning in a few days to visit him again, depending on how that visit goes, she will visit again with her own Boxer dogs.

To add furthur confusion, the Pound woman thought that this dog (Dappy) and the dog in the pound are not the same ones,after looking at the photo taken from here???

We can only wait and hope....
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 20th Jun 2014 6:11pm
Rude, the poor distressed dog sounds as tho he just needs some proper one to one attention for a little while, i just hope that the friends of Birkenhead Kennels can calm Dappy down enough and can get his trust back enough to prove that he is not a dangerous dog and that he is just scared and confused after his latest ordeal and that he has just lost trust in humanity on a temporary basis.
That picture of him on the pound site clearly speaks a thousand words, ive never seen a dog looking that sad before.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 20th Jun 2014 6:19pm
I have told my woman all of the information on here, she is aware that the behaviours he is displaying do not seem to be atypical of him. Its good that sofieloo is on hand to advise further too.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 20th Jun 2014 6:23pm
What about these Kev30.
Boxer Dog Rescue Northern England
Helping Boxers In Need Across the North of England and Beyond
Reg Charity No 1153127
Welcome
Why Rescue?
Boxers Needing Homes
Apply to Adopt
Rehome Your Boxer
Special Stories
Rainbow Bridge
Fundraising
How Can You Help?
Foster Care Appeal
Boxer Behaviour
Guestbook
Contact Us
Web Store
What We Do

Boxer Dog Rescue Northern England are a rescue organisation dedicated to helping boxers in need. We are an independant rescue and do not operate in association or support of any other rescue organisations in the North of England. Any similarities between this site and others are not intended.

We have a no destruction policy and never put a healthy non-aggressive dog to sleep. All dogs are neutered, fully vaccinated and microchipped prior to re-homing. Full assessment is completed whilst the dogs are in our care to ensure that when rehomed they can be matched to the right family.

Many people think boxers in rescue have behavioural problems, but this is not always the case. Most of the dogs offered to us are given up through no fault of their own. Some may have been abused, some may no longer be needed, now that they are too old to breed from. Many are relinquished by loving and caring families but have to be given up because of a change in circumstances.

This website provides information on rescuing a boxer. If you are interested in adopting one of our many dogs who are available for rehoming, please see our Rehoming Procedures before looking at Boxers Needing Homes and Applying To Adopt.

We are run entirely by volunteers who use all of their spare time to help boxers in need. All of our volunteers have been working with boxers and rescue organisations for a number of years. We are always on the lookout for more experienced people to help us with fostering, homechecking, transporting or fundraising. If you are in the North of England and can volunteer please contact us.

The more help we have, the more we can help boxers in need.

Help and Support

BDRNE seeks to help any Boxer owner encountering problems. If you and you Boxer are having issues that are causing you consider re-homing your dog then please first consider our Training and Support options. We have training partners, Bark Busters and Alpha K9 who will work with Aggressive or Guarding Behaviour (towards other animals or people), Recall, Heel-work, Sit, Down and General Obedience.

If your dog is destructive, nervous or anxious we can advise.
Please feel welcome to contact us on 07826521313 or use our enquiries link for more details.
In The Media
Our friends at Radio Merseyside

Nicky Platt holds a regular dog behaviour slot on BBC Radio Merseyside every Wednesday morning. She takes calls from listeners and offers tips and hints on how to combat unacceptable behaviour exhibited by your dog. Nicky kindly invited me to come along to the show for a guest slot to talk about Boxer Rescue and to promote some of the dogs in our care.
Posted By: sofieelou Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 20th Jun 2014 9:40pm
Any information needed I can help he just needs a chance... He very wary of new people also he's behind a cage which I no he hates he just needs to get used to you... And hear your voice and recognise it.. Really upset that's it's come to this he's such a great lovely dog once you get to no him
Posted By: sofieelou Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 20th Jun 2014 9:41pm
Yes that is dappy ino by the white colouring on top of his neck.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 22nd Jun 2014 10:18am
if hes been used as a guard dog in a cage then putting him in a cage is going to make him hostile, dumb idiots.

stop thinking you know everything corpy dog pound and put him in a foster home.
You have all the "cute" dogs in foster homes.
piss me off this lot saying what dog can and cannot be rehomed.

i had one of these dogs years ago, they need a lot of attention and love to play, you cannot leave these caged up.
pisstakes.
Posted By: sofieelou Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 22nd Jun 2014 10:40am
That was my pout when I got him the previous guy who had him he was cages and muzzled it was horrible I didn't use ethier one him that's make him more frustrated.. I've explained to the pound abor him and how they need to act around him going to see them tomorrow.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 24th Jun 2014 7:00pm
Don't send him the dog pound please.
I have quite a few contacts in rescue, I'll do my upmost best
To help you find a foster home with a reputable rescue.
Posted By: granny Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 7th Jul 2014 11:42am
Any update ? No longer on council kennels website.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 7th Jul 2014 12:31pm
i think he was taken to boxer rescue in liverpool, granny
Posted By: granny Re: Boxer dog free to good home - 7th Jul 2014 3:53pm
That's good news. Hopefully he'll have a chance.
Thanks Egg.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral