Forums
Posted By: Mark Signs warn dog owners of killer diseas - 21st Jan 2014 2:39pm
Signs are to be put up in the New Forest warning dog owners about a mysterious disease that has killed 13 dogs across Britain in recent months.

The Forestry Commission notices tell owners to take their pet to a vet should it develop lesions on its legs, paws or face.

Vets say the disease - which leads to kidney failure - is similar to "Alabama Rot", which was first seen in the US in the 1980s.

The source of the disease is unknown.

However, the Environment Agency has ruled out chemical contamination in water supplies.

The majority of the dogs that died in the past year were in the New Forest, but there were also others in Surrey, Cornwall, Worcestershire and County Durham.

The notices say owners should take their dog to a vet even if the lesions appear a week after a walk.

Alabama Rot had been associated with greyhounds, but the deaths in Britain in the past year have affected a variety of breeds.

'Trigger' unknown

Read More Click Me
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Signs warn dog owners of killer diseas - 22nd Jan 2014 7:52am
I will remember that next time I nip to the new Forrest in my lunch hour cheers
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Signs warn dog owners of killer diseas - 22nd Jan 2014 8:56am
Originally Posted by Mark
Signs are to be put up in the New Forest warning dog owners about a mysterious disease that has killed 13 dogs across Britain in recent months.

The Forestry Commission notices tell owners to take their pet to a vet should it develop lesions on its legs, paws or face.

Vets say the disease - which leads to kidney failure - is similar to "Alabama Rot", which was first seen in the US in the 1980s.

The source of the disease is unknown.

However, the Environment Agency has ruled out chemical contamination in water supplies.

The majority of the dogs that died in the past year were in the New Forest, but there were also others in Surrey, Cornwall, Worcestershire and County Durham.

The notices say owners should take their dog to a vet even if the lesions appear a week after a walk.

Alabama Rot had been associated with greyhounds, but the deaths in Britain in the past year have affected a variety of breeds.

'Trigger' unknown

Read More Click Me

Thanks Mark for posting this smile

love to think that anyone who has a dog would take it the vets if it had develop lesions on its legs, paws or face anyway.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral