Forums
Posted By: keving dog grooming recommendations ?? - 2nd Dec 2013 7:06pm
Hi,
My 6 month old cockapoo needs his first cut. I'm based in wallasey, can anybody recommend a good groomers, I don't want him stressed or tied down, and don't want him clipped.

A friends takes her westie to Doggy Do's in wallasey, so may try there unless anyone on here has a better place to go ?
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: dog grooming recommendations ?? - 2nd Dec 2013 8:57pm
I have a clipper who comes to my house to clip my dog. She doesn't tie her up or muzzle her. PM me if you want her number. ps she also lives in wallasey
Posted By: baconbutty Re: dog grooming recommendations ?? - 2nd Dec 2013 11:22pm
Someone recommended canine cuts on poulton road to me. I asked the same question for my cockapoo. They clipped him short and he looked awesome. They charged £25. He came back like a happy chappy!
Posted By: sam_w Re: dog grooming recommendations ?? - 3rd Dec 2013 12:31am
Champion dogs, they are based in Prenton (just off the m53). www.cdogs.co.uk

I take my mums older dog there, he wont let anyone near him at other groomers but was really calm with Sarah from champion dogs. Shes talked to him and gave him a fuss smile They are really good, I would highly recommend smile
Posted By: katyem Re: dog grooming recommendations ?? - 4th Dec 2013 10:26am
I have taken mine to Champion dogs as well (they have also attended classes there) Sarah is lovely and makes a fuss of them.
Posted By: keving Re: dog grooming recommendations ?? - 4th Dec 2013 4:51pm
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I'll let you know the results when I decide where to take him smile

Posted By: keving Re: dog grooming recommendations ?? - 4th Dec 2013 4:54pm
Originally Posted by baconbutty
Someone recommended canine cuts on poulton road to me. I asked the same question for my cockapoo. They clipped him short and he looked awesome. They charged £25. He came back like a happy chappy!

Hi and thank you for the reply,
did you have a choice of cuts ? I dont want him clipped, I want him cut. I've heard storied that some places just ignore what you ask for and clip them short as it's easier for them and quicker.
This is what i'm trying to avoid, mainly as its his first cut and hes not very curly yet, and also as he doesnt like the cold as it is.
Posted By: keving Re: dog grooming recommendations ?? - 7th Dec 2013 12:47am
Went to Doggy Do's on seaview rd, wallasey.
Very happy with results and the was she treated Ralphie
Posted By: Keef1 Re: dog grooming recommendations ?? - 8th Dec 2013 3:37pm
i just find the price of £25 pound a tad to much for a doggs hair cut my westie has never complained at the use of the flymo lol
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: dog grooming recommendations ?? - 8th Dec 2013 4:28pm
Make sure you take the collar off first, otherwise the doggy could be put in a bit of a spin if it gets caught up in the blades.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral