Forums
Posted By: Elizabeth Dog's foul breath - 24th Nov 2013 7:22pm
Has anyone ever had to have their dogs teeth cleaned by the vet and if so, is it expensive? I have a feeling that she will have to be put under anaesthetic to have them cleaned properly.
My dog is getting on a bit (13) and her breath is so bad that when she licks herself, the smell transfers and makes the rest of her stink frown

Also while I'm on the topic of vets, has anyone got recommendations in the Prenton/Oxton area? I was thinking of going to Vets4Pets on Woodchurch Rd, but am open to advice, please
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Dog's foul breath - 24th Nov 2013 7:31pm
Or there is another option. CET Toothpaste and Toothbrush Kits are great and simple way to introduce pets to the benefits of a regular oral hygiene programme.

The kits are specifically designed to cater for the needs of both dogs and cats.

The dog kit has a large dual ended toothbrush with poultry flavour toothpaste, whilst the cat kit contains a smaller brush and fish flavoured toothpaste. Each kit also contains a finger brush to aid toothpaste application.

The toothpaste is mildly abrasive and contains the C.E.T. Dual Enzyme System which is designed to inhibit plaque-forming bacteria.

No rinsing is required and the paste is safe to swallow, mouth odours are quickly neutralised.

Ingredients: patented CET Dual Enzyme System (glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, potassium thiocyanate), soft polishing agents in a palatable poultry flavoured formulations (hydrated silica, titanium dioxide, di-calcium phosphate anhydrous), glycerine and sorbitol.But if you dont feel comfortable with that call the vet for advice.But dont brush on your pets gum to hard if you decide to buy these produds.
Posted By: starakita Re: Dog's foul breath - 24th Nov 2013 7:39pm
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
Has anyone ever had to have their dogs teeth cleaned by the vet and if so, is it expensive? I have a feeling that she will have to be put under anaesthetic to have them cleaned properly.
My dog is getting on a bit (13) and her breath is so bad that when she licks herself, the smell transfers and makes the rest of her stink frown

Also while I'm on the topic of vets, has anyone got recommendations in the Prenton/Oxton area? I was thinking of going to Vets4Pets on Woodchurch Rd, but am open to advice, please
I use vets for pets found them to be reasonable
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Dog's foul breath - 24th Nov 2013 7:56pm
Originally Posted by Candlyfloss
Or there is another option. CET Toothpaste and Toothbrush Kits are great and simple way to introduce pets to the benefits of a regular oral hygiene programme.

The kits are specifically designed to cater for the needs of both dogs and cats.

The dog kit has a large dual ended toothbrush with poultry flavour toothpaste, whilst the cat kit contains a smaller brush and fish flavoured toothpaste. Each kit also contains a finger brush to aid toothpaste application.

The toothpaste is mildly abrasive and contains the C.E.T. Dual Enzyme System which is designed to inhibit plaque-forming bacteria.

No rinsing is required and the paste is safe to swallow, mouth odours are quickly neutralised.

Ingredients: patented CET Dual Enzyme System (glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, potassium thiocyanate), soft polishing agents in a palatable poultry flavoured formulations (hydrated silica, titanium dioxide, di-calcium phosphate anhydrous), glycerine and sorbitol.But if you dont feel comfortable with that call the vet for advice.But dont brush on your pets gum to hard if you decide to buy these produds.

I have a feeling that it's gone past the point where cleaning will help frown My old vet used to say her teeth weren't in the best shape but they never suggested any
remedy. I think cleaning alone now, will be a case of too little, too late.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Dog's foul breath - 24th Nov 2013 8:01pm
i agree with cleaning teeth, you have nothing to lose its surely worth a shot to try and clear the smell?

I recommend brushing dogs teeth to anyone, I always do mine, she might not like it but has certainly got used to it
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Dog's foul breath - 24th Nov 2013 8:07pm
We use Vets For Pets and find them reasonable and very caring .
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Dog's foul breath - 24th Nov 2013 8:27pm
I clean my cats teeth with a q-tip and colgate. She actually does all the moves, I just hold the q-tip. Just need to sort out her bad wind now LOL.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Dog's foul breath - 24th Nov 2013 8:55pm
[quote=ZipperClub]I clean my cats teeth with a q-tip and colgate. She actually does all the moves, I just hold the q-tip. Just need to sort out her bad wind now LOL. [/quote
Wouldn't go near that with a Q tip Zipper :-)]
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Dog's foul breath - 24th Nov 2013 9:12pm
too late.. she didnt like it lol

Attached picture aaa.jpg
Attached picture aaa.jpg
Posted By: LittleFoote Re: Dog's foul breath - 24th Nov 2013 10:03pm
Try some raw bones, they will do the trick.
Posted By: Abbot Re: Dog's foul breath - 24th Nov 2013 11:02pm
As LittleFoote says, try raw bones with a bit of meat left on. A lot of teeth problems in dogs are through poor diet (not saying your dog has been fed a poor diet)
Posted By: chriskay Re: Dog's foul breath - 25th Nov 2013 12:11pm
Originally Posted by Candlyfloss

When you've cut and pasted, it's polite to credit the source.
Posted By: blee8131 Re: Dog's foul breath - 25th Nov 2013 1:30pm
Try breath freshners for cats and dogs.Supplied by Simply pets.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral