Forums
Posted By: Sneezy Cat Poisoning !!! - 7th Sep 2013 9:18am
Just wanted to let people know that there is some low life ... bag in the Upton area who has decided it would be a good idea to poison a cat. My daughter's friend had to have her cat put down last night as she had been poisoned, she was a beautiful 13 year old (69 in lady years !!) tabby, very elegant and timid. She came home I'll on Thursday, they weren't sure if she'd been hit by a car, she gradually deteriorated and went blind last night and obviously had neurological problems, shaking and jerking. The vet said her red blood cell count was 4% !! and was amazed that she was still alive, they decided it was better for her to be put to sleep than to suffer any longer.
I hate this world sometimes somad
Posted By: organiser Re: Cat Poisoning !!! - 7th Sep 2013 9:47am
Sneezy...sad to hear that the cat suffered such serious problems but where is your proof that some "low life" poisoned the animal
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Cat Poisoning !!! - 7th Sep 2013 11:28am
Sounds like anti-freeze poisoning? I think that affects the blood count. I know it causes vomiting, seizures, kidney failure and, eventually, death.

Poor cat. And poor owner! If this was a deliberate act, then I hope the malicious ... responsible never has a day's good luck for the rest of their miserable life!
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: Cat Poisoning !!! - 7th Sep 2013 12:11pm
it's possible she might have eaten a slug pellet. These are well known for poisoning cats as they find them very tasty.
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Cat Poisoning !!! - 7th Sep 2013 3:17pm
I know...I was angry this morning, no I have no proof of what happened and yes she could just ave eaten something bad, but just found it strange that she's been wandering around her neighbourhood for 13 years and nothing as ever happened to her before. frown
Posted By: tiptop Re: Cat Poisoning !!! - 7th Sep 2013 5:07pm
Hi it could of been flea products like spot on which have cats on the pack which are made for dogs only but could kill cats have a look at this link if it has worked sorry new and finding my feet on here http://www.petfinder.com/cats/cat-care/flea-products-dangerous-cats/
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Cat Poisoning !!! - 7th Sep 2013 7:25pm
I too would be so upset if anything happened to my cats and I do hope that it's not a deliberate act of cruelty regarding what happened to your friend's cat frown

Did the vet say that she had been poisoned? The only reason I ask is because cats can become very ill, very quickly and due to the cat in question being 13 (okay, not very old but not young either).

Three months ago, my 8 year old cat went from being a highly energetic, bouncy, Tigger like animal to a tired, lethargic skeletal shadow of his former self in a matter of days. Eventually I had to have him put to sleep. He wasn't poisoned according to the tests I had done, nor did he have any other illness such as feline aids or the like. I'll never know what happened but, the vet did say that sometimes cats simply get ill and die and you'll never know the reason why frown
As you said, the cat came in last Thursday and was ill, it could be that she had been poorly for some time but it hadn't shown itself outwardly until then.

Very sad though when an animal dies frown
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Cat Poisoning !!! - 7th Sep 2013 7:58pm
The vet did confirm poisoning, she just went down hill overnight frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral