Forums
Posted By: eddtheduck open times for dog pound. - 25th Jul 2013 4:45pm
anyone know the opening times for the dog pound Corporation Road
askings coz I seen the dog walkers with a dog I fell in love with smile but I was on the bus so couldn't stop and ask them.

hope said dog needs a new home smile
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: open times for dog pound. - 25th Jul 2013 4:54pm
try google, cheers
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: open times for dog pound. - 25th Jul 2013 5:03pm
1st thing I did nothing coming up only this, can't see times
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: open times for dog pound. - 25th Jul 2013 5:04pm
If "dog pound Corporation Road" dont give results, you need a new computer
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: open times for dog pound. - 25th Jul 2013 5:08pm
now show me what link tell you, the times wink
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: open times for dog pound. - 25th Jul 2013 5:12pm
Address: Corporation Road, Birkenhead, CH41 4JZ

Telephone Number: (Kennels) 606 2003

Opening Times: 1pm to 4.30pm

http://www.gleamzcleaning.co.uk/ourcharity-1391.html

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: open times for dog pound. - 25th Jul 2013 5:17pm
Let us know how you get on Edd.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: open times for dog pound. - 25th Jul 2013 5:17pm
Thank zipper smile wonder why it's not on their own page bit funny don't you think? again thanks smile
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: open times for dog pound. - 25th Jul 2013 5:18pm
will do rude
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: open times for dog pound. - 25th Jul 2013 5:23pm
The only thought I had was to stop people just popping in "Hoping, wishful thinking" to get a new pet. Maybe thats why they want you to fill in a form and be sure you really want a dog. Cheers
Posted By: AX_125 Re: open times for dog pound. - 25th Jul 2013 6:50pm
I have had a dog from there. Great service.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: open times for dog pound. - 25th Jul 2013 7:56pm
Edd if you put in DOG POUND BIKENHEAD you view the dog gallery to see the dogs and write there the reference number down , so when you go down you can view the dog of your choice ... some are held at different places...
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: open times for dog pound. - 25th Jul 2013 8:16pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
The only thought I had was to stop people just popping in "Hoping, wishful thinking" to get a new pet. Maybe thats why they want you to fill in a form and be sure you really want a dog. Cheers
I know a lucky little doggy named Sallie, whose owner-like Edd- spotted her and wanted her.
Posted By: starakita Re: open times for dog pound. - 25th Jul 2013 11:29pm
My dog came from the pound,it depends on the breed. being an akita we had to have a home check but we had one before so we knew what we were getting.She had been there 6 months but the staff want to make sure they're going to the right owners.there's a gorgeous white male in there now called Ghost,took mine for a couple of meets,she wasn't to happy when I was walking him round.They were ok outside but my dog wouldn't of been happy with him in the house & it would have undone the work I have put in with her.It was dissapointing but the staff know there job & I have to put my dog first,hopefully he will get the right family.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: open times for dog pound. - 26th Jul 2013 8:17am
Starakita that the dog I seen (looked on their list) how was he with your dog? as I got a staffie who gets on with everyone she only hates the postman raftl I've had akitas before and were great with other dogs just didn't like people going near the baby at the time. will pop along after and have a talk to them, then let you all know how I got on.
Posted By: starakita Re: open times for dog pound. - 26th Jul 2013 10:30am
edd the akita is aprox 18 months they were sniffing each other but mine being older was being dominant with him he backed off when she growled so he was listening it would have been the home situation I would of had to crate him & they wouldn't have been able to be left together on there own don't think mine wants to share me.if you have owned an akita before you should be ok as they won't let just anybody have him same with mine don't want them getting into the wrong hands.Ghost seems like a nice dog but a firm hand is needed.go & speak to the staff about him wouldn't like to see him there too long as I said I would of took him but I had to put my own dog first.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: open times for dog pound. - 26th Jul 2013 6:50pm
well went in to ask about him, they said they have got some home visits next week for him and took my number in case, when I said about having a staffie they said bring her down to see how they act so it up to her (my staffie) if we take it any further.

just like to say thanks to everyone for their help and will keep everyone up-to-date I could of took them all home smile
Posted By: starakita Re: open times for dog pound. - 26th Jul 2013 9:00pm
hope it goes well for you Hazel & Vickie are good on the animal behaviour side.They had my dog for 6 months so they know how well she has come on as we've been back a few times but they said I'd probably be better going for a puppy if one becomes available.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral