Forums
Posted By: OutlawBlues somewhere to go with the dog - 22nd May 2013 8:24pm
Providing the weather is good eneough this bank holiday monday, me and my partner are planning on going out for the day. Somewhere on the wirral we can go (walk or drive to) spend the day, take the dog and sit down and have somthing to eat. The places we usually go to, when we get that rare day off together, take about an hour to walk round then we go home, lokking for somthing we can spend the day doing. Any suggestions on anything exciting we can do with the dog? what does everyone else on the wirral do?
Posted By: jerdubig Re: somewhere to go with the dog - 22nd May 2013 8:35pm
I like a leisurely walk down the Wirral way. Dogs love it .Probably need a packed lunch though
Posted By: granny Re: somewhere to go with the dog - 22nd May 2013 8:51pm
Yes ,agree with above. Thurstaston to West Kirby and back or the other way round depending on transport.
Posted By: starakita Re: somewhere to go with the dog - 22nd May 2013 8:59pm
I always take the dog to New Brighton,usually walk on the beach to the pirate ship then walk up to the derby pool & back over the dips.you can sit outside at the derby pool if the weather is nice & have something to eat & drink.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: somewhere to go with the dog - 22nd May 2013 10:31pm
I too recommend the coastline. Miles of it to choose fromand you can walk as little or as much as you like.
Posted By: McFlurry Re: somewhere to go with the dog - 22nd May 2013 10:46pm
If you have a car then go to Loggerheads.
Posted By: GazLar Re: somewhere to go with the dog - 23rd May 2013 6:26am
Royden Park is nice and has a nice little cafe
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: somewhere to go with the dog - 23rd May 2013 6:42am
Been to all the places mentioned` there all good,
However The one at the top of my places to go at the moment is Westkirby and walk across to Hilbre island take a bottle of water for your dog with you.

Starakita I would love to meet your dog he sounds just like mine.
Posted By: flybynight Re: somewhere to go with the dog - 23rd May 2013 7:17am
We live in Tranmere and often walk the wheat sheaf in Thornton they
Let dogs in , it's mostly off road and is 6 miles we have a drink some bar food
And walk back that takes a big chunk of the day , and you are ready for a rest when you get home
Posted By: flybynight Re: somewhere to go with the dog - 23rd May 2013 7:19am
We sometimes walk to west Kirkby then get the bus back that's a good walk , again mostly off road .
Posted By: granny Re: somewhere to go with the dog - 23rd May 2013 9:29am

If anyone plans to walk to Hilbre Island, PLEASE make sure you know the TIDE TIMES and how to use them for a safe day out.

http://www.deeestuary.co.uk/hilbre/plan.htm

http://www.tidetimes.org.uk/hilbre-island-tide-times
Posted By: starakita Re: somewhere to go with the dog - 23rd May 2013 11:47am
Originally Posted by Vanmanone
Been to all the places mentioned` there all good,
However The one at the top of my places to go at the moment is Westkirby and walk across to Hilbre island take a bottle of water for your dog with you.

Starakita I would love to meet your dog he sounds just like mine.
Theres a pic of her somewhere on here,think its in the pets when she was in kennels.She's a right smart one we'll be up in Eastham woods later while my daughter is at computer club.
Posted By: OutlawBlues Re: somewhere to go with the dog - 23rd May 2013 7:13pm
Thanks for all the replies. We live in wallasey so we go to New Brighton a lot, I love walking round there. I haven't been to royden park in years, think I only went there a couple of times as a kid but apparenty its not exciting enough for my partner frown
Loggerheads sounds great, think thats where we'll be headed.
Thank you all
© Wirral-Wikiwirral