Forums
Posted By: saiyan_gmt Help Needed - Domestic Rats Found!! - 29th Apr 2013 6:16pm
Can anyone please help we have found 2 very friendly tame rats dumped in our alleyway (I have a god suspicion where they have come from...We have brought them in for the night but are unable to keep them. Can anyone point us in the right direction??
Thanks in avance
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Help Needed - Domestic Rats Found!! - 29th Apr 2013 6:58pm
Tiddles said he`d look after them...

Attached picture cat.jpg
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Help Needed - Domestic Rats Found!! - 29th Apr 2013 7:01pm
Aww how sad. This happened quite a few years ago where I used to live in Oxton, we took them in and they were the most wonderful pets ever. They are incredibly clean, they clean their own cage out moving and dirt and muck to one corner. They used so sit on my shoulders watching what I was doing and occasionally squeaking in my ears. I really wish I lived somewhere that allowed pets, I would take these in a heartbeat. I hope someone comes forward.
Posted By: saiyan_gmt Re: Help Needed - Domestic Rats Found!! - 29th Apr 2013 8:12pm
Good News Sallybear they have now gone to a lovely new home with experienced owners smile the power of facebook!!
We used to keep rats and ur right they are very much misunderstood. Would love to have kept these as they where so friendly and tame but we no longer have the equipment.
Having done my homework i'm confident they have found a forever home.
Posted By: jerdubig Re: Help Needed - Domestic Rats Found!! - 29th Apr 2013 9:26pm
I know this is a bit longwinded but I had a homecheck done for a dog from the Little Dog Rescue. The lady who came out rescued domestic rats and lived in Moreton. If you go on their website or ring they may have her details
Posted By: Guzzler Re: Help Needed - Domestic Rats Found!! - 29th Apr 2013 9:44pm
I've had pet rats in the past. They are the most fantastic creatures who love human company once they become used to you. Incredibly clean to a point they will thoroughly groom themselves after you've handled them. The only problems with them is that they will chew through anything including wires, & they have very weak bladders which means they are almost constantly peeing. Glad they've been re-homed.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Help Needed - Domestic Rats Found!! - 29th Apr 2013 11:13pm
Eek.....I am one of those people who dousn't like rats but unsure why?

Was the Daily Mail or The ... involved in the demonisation of rats?? think

Anyhow, I'm glad these animals have now got a forever home. How cruel to dump a 'domesticated' wild animal-thats just evil. Horrid people out there.
Posted By: jerdubig Re: Help Needed - Domestic Rats Found!! - 30th Apr 2013 7:13am
So pleased they have a home. The lady who did my home check also said what lovely creatures they were. They had them initially because of allergies and couldn't have other pets. Clean and friendly etc. She had made a play area for them with a sandpit. I would never have though of them as pets until I talked to her
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Help Needed - Domestic Rats Found!! - 30th Apr 2013 10:33am
Great news!!
Posted By: Heswall1958 Re: Help Needed - Domestic Rats Found!! - 30th Apr 2013 11:08am
I'm glad this has had a happy ending smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral