Forums
Posted By: valli Bearskins Royal guards hats - 18th Apr 2013 11:54pm
Please can somebody help me put up the petition link at change.org to David Cameron to get this senseless slaughter stopped I would also like it shared on facebook I have done it for my links with family and friends.My husband nearly bursts a blood vessel every time he sees the guards with these bearskins on.The petition has only 3000 Signatures at the moment please help get it over the 100.000 so someone will sit up and take notice Thank you in anticipation.

valli
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Bearskins Royal guards hats - 19th Apr 2013 12:02am
I
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Bearskins Royal guards hats - 19th Apr 2013 12:09am
Ahh, found the link

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...-using-bear-fur-to-make-her-guard-s-hats
Posted By: valli Re: Bearskins Royal guards hats - 19th Apr 2013 12:16am
Thanks SO MUCH x
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Bearskins Royal guards hats - 19th Apr 2013 12:19am
No Problem. Come On Everyone, Get Signing Please.
Posted By: Kawasaki69 Re: Bearskins Royal guards hats - 19th Apr 2013 5:19am
Signed and shared on Facebook. X
Posted By: jerdubig Re: Bearskins Royal guards hats - 19th Apr 2013 6:28am
Signed and shared
Posted By: vargonuk Re: Bearskins Royal guards hats - 19th Apr 2013 7:14am
Signed with pleasure
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Bearskins Royal guards hats - 19th Apr 2013 7:17am
As I understand it they have been searching for a suitable man-made replacement for some time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-171530/End-line-bearskins.html
Posted By: Wench Re: Bearskins Royal guards hats - 19th Apr 2013 7:26am
Whether they stop using them or not, the bears will still be culled unfortunately.
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Bearskins Royal guards hats - 19th Apr 2013 8:42am
""They are culled in large numbers each year by the Canadian authorities because the bear population is dangerously high. We take 100 pelts a year and that is a fraction of the number culled."

So would you not be better to start a petition to the Canadian Goverment to stop the culling? They are not culled to provide the Guard Regiments new hats, however once culled, surely its better to use the resources to good use.

The argument must be is the cull required or not, not what happens after that.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Bearskins Royal guards hats - 19th Apr 2013 10:47am
Thank you, OxtonHill, for introducing some sanity and removing emotion. Of course any wildlife population which gets out of control will be culled. One possible solution would to shoot the bears with darts containing contraceptives.
Posted By: granny Re: Bearskins Royal guards hats - 19th Apr 2013 1:47pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
Thank you, OxtonHill, for introducing some sanity and removing emotion. Of course any wildlife population which gets out of control will be culled. One possible solution would to shoot the bears with darts containing contraceptives.

Agreed but not sure about the contraceptive darts. Have you tried it Chriskay? laugh
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Bearskins Royal guards hats - 19th Apr 2013 2:19pm
My sister's had bears around her cottage this winter so they're obviously spreading out a bit and into inhabited areas. Hence the need for culling.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Bearskins Royal guards hats - 19th Apr 2013 3:03pm
Originally Posted by granny

Agreed but not sure about the contraceptive darts. Have you tried it Chriskay? laugh

No, but it's got to be easier than fitting them with condoms. wink
Posted By: LittleFoote Re: Bearskins Royal guards hats - 17th May 2013 10:30pm
Humans spread into wildlife habitat not the other way round. Anyway, immunocontraceptives are already being used to control elephant population in African reserves.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral