Forums
Posted By: Grayham Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 2:02pm
Hey guys, because of the bedroom tax i have to move into a smaller flat. My landlord WPH dont have anywhere i can take ellie my cat. ( i so dont want to have to give her up she my babe) I dont want to wait till the last minute and have to put her in a rescue center as thats where she was from. She is so lovely she loves to sit on your nee, she can be a nark sometimes but its just the way she is. She will need to go to a quite home with no kids or other pets, would suite someone older. She has her own house with scratch post (one of them big things) She is house trained but likes to do all that outside. She LOVES her food always sitting next to her bowl like a dog. She is longish hair grey with white nose and back paws. I would need to see your home just to make sure she will be ok. I will give you 1 months worth of food to. Look she my babe i love her to bits so i really dont want to get rid but i dont have a choice, i have to put her first.

She has been neutered and has a mirco chip, i have all paperwork for this.

[img:center]http://postimage.org/image/7vneta44j/[/img]
[img:center]http://postimage.org/image/v35f5rbbn/[/img]
[img:center]http://postimage.org/image/6mmsrwto1/[/img]
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 2:07pm
Sorry you have to 'lose' your pet due down sizing because of the 'bedroom' tax .This is just the start of it........
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 2:26pm
Thanks, i know i wish they would just stop but they just keep taking.

Must be lots of people who have to do things like this, its not fair.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 2:32pm
Horrible situation, really feel for you. Sorry I can't help as have kids and 2 cats already. Is it ok if I put this on facebook to see if anyone is interested? I could then put you in touch if anyone is.
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 2:40pm
Sure that would be great thank you smile
Posted By: venice Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 3:15pm
I too am so sorry that you cant be found a place where you can take your pet. Why cant places lighten up on these rules.
Posted By: poppet Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 3:30pm
She's gorgeous!
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 4:57pm
thanks for the kinds words smile
Posted By: rover644 Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 5:26pm
Hi just personal messaged you really interested give phone number can collect asap it present for my hubby she gorgeous x

Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 5:38pm
Originally Posted by rover644
Hi just personal messaged you really interested give phone number can collect asap it present for my hubby she gorgeous x

AW she is cute.put some pics up when you get the chance.i bet hubby will be over the moon when he sees his birthday surprise
Posted By: rover644 Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 5:40pm
just hope she still available she exactly what he wants ,she will be spoilt rotten x
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 6:01pm
just hope she still available she exactly what he wants ,she will be spoilt rotten x
Let us know how you get on.I love good news and happy endings xx
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 6:11pm
Can't you just not admit to having her...the landlords pre warn you when the want to visit ??
Seems such a shame to separate her from such a loving owner frown
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 6:21pm
Hey she been picked up, im so gutted plz look after her, if you have any problems at all plz msg me and i will come and get her anytime!!

Love her to bits she was my babe smile

Thanks
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 6:23pm
WPH have changed there rules they will not let any animals in there flats anymore, i have to sign an agreement to say i will not get any pets. Its this government's fault with all the new laws that suit them!

Posted By: Tilly Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 7:56pm
Hi Graham, it's Karen Mills from facebook. I'm glad you have found a new home for your cat, but I feel so sorry for you frown I know you love her to bits. Take care I'm sure she will be fine. x
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 8:19pm
Hey there, thanks so much for the help and kind words, miss her so much frown

Thanks again :-)
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 9:36pm
I really feel for you- FORCED to re-home an evidentally much loved pet through no fault of your own frown

May I suggest that you write to Animal Charities and tell them of your plight.

Many, many people have contacted them to warn them of what is to come but the likes of the RSPCA are preferring to wait for 'impact' before acting......

You have made the heartbreaking decision of having your cat rehomed, I fear for other pets/ animals whose owners who may just take them to be euthanised or worse-just dump them. frown
Posted By: venice Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 10:39pm
Rude, most organized rescues are already well aware of whats on the way. Its something they cant really prepare for, because their funds are already stretched because donations have dried up since the financial situation got tough for people, and with the best will in the world ,those with no destruction policies, will not be able to cope. Its my guess that The RSPCA will only rear their heads when things get desperate enough to attract really juicy TV publicity , where upon their well funded publicity departments will magnanimously thrust themselves forward as the only organization who is really tackling the problem ,show a few crying owners parting with their beloved pets, claim to have no funds , take the lions share of public donations , take on a couple of dozen dogs/cats across the country , euthanize the rest and bank and sit on the remainder of the donations.
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 10:57pm
Im sorry dont take this the wrong way but are u saying im "claim to have no funds" ?

Thats the reason i gave her up ?
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 11:21pm
If More People Are Going To Have To Move Because Of The Bedroom Tax And Give Their Animals To The Rspca, The Rspca Etc Wont Have The Funds To Look After All Animals As Donations Are Down With People Having Less Money. Cheers
Posted By: Zubee Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 11:24pm
No Grayham, venice is saying that the RSPCA will only act when it reaches crisis point then they'll get publicity and say THEY don't have enough funds to cope.
Posted By: venice Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 11:29pm
If you're referring to me Graham, no , Im not . Im speaking on a more general level altogether .
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 11:29pm
No, Venice is painting a picture of how animal charities will respond....

I, too is classed as underoccupied and have made the decision to 'pay and stay' (in theory) as I could not bear to give up my pets.

We have an elderley lab x (14 yrs old) and a yellow lab (13 years old) that we have had since they were pups- no way would we send them to the Knackers Yard!! With their various age related conditions, I doubt they would be re -homed.

Also got two cats. Moo was took in as a rescue cat and turned out to be pregnant. Kept one kitten, Pat -and they are going nowhere either......Mum and Daughter are inseperable.
Posted By: venice Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 11:36pm
Respect, Rude.
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 11:45pm
Sorry my bad i was not kicking of just did not understand, i do now smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 18th Mar 2013 11:50pm
No worries, its a horrid situation for everybody who is directly or indirectally affected by this horrid, ill thought out and cruel tax/subsidy/ penalty. frown
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 19th Mar 2013 12:01am
For sure, i suffer from ptsd the whole reason i got her was to help me with it, she was always there for me and even tho it sounds over the top its true. My home feels empty without her.

I just hope others like me have different options rather than have to move. It made me realize how much an animals can change things in your life.

As long as she is ok is all i need.

Sorry ha to sound soft smile
Posted By: rocks Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 19th Mar 2013 9:14am
so did rover644 end up with your cat? im sure your cat will be well loved whoever has her, maybe you could get a little hamster or another cage animal as i think landlords except them as they cant damage property or be a nuisance
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 19th Mar 2013 11:47am
Originally Posted by Grayham
For sure, i suffer from ptsd the whole reason i got her was to help me with it, she was always there for me and even tho it sounds over the top its true. My home feels empty without her.

I just hope others like me have different options rather than have to move. It made me realize how much an animals can change things in your life.

As long as she is ok is all i need.

Sorry ha to sound soft smile
Must be very difficult time for you,am sure her new owners will keep in touch to let you know how she has settled in her new home xx
Posted By: rover644 Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 20th Mar 2013 12:11am
For everyone who has showed concern for ellie She has settled in really well. She has already taken to both my children who spoil her rotten. She is roaming round exploring the house purring with her tail up. I have an 8 year old lab called sasha (who for some unknown reason loves cats) and already ellie just strolls past her without so much as a glance. Will get some pics onto pet section so we can all go RRRRRRRRRRRR asap.
Posted By: rocks Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 20th Mar 2013 12:35am
a happy ending thats great news im so pleased you got her smile
Posted By: rover644 Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 20th Mar 2013 12:43am
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
I really feel for you- FORCED to re-home an evidentally much loved pet through no fault of your own frown

May I suggest that you write to Animal Charities and tell them of your plight.

Many, many people have contacted them to warn them of what is to come but the likes of the RSPCA are preferring to wait for 'impact' before acting......

You have made the heartbreaking decision of having your cat rehomed, I fear for other pets/ animals whose owners who may just take them to be euthanised or worse-just dump them. frown
You no I had not really thought about the impact the "bedroom tax" would have on the pet population. I for one can see this being a massive problem as I have already spoke to many people who are going to be uprooted by this joke of a government (I never voted for them but someone did, come on own up who was it). Your also spot on about the RSPCA, last dealing I had with them I had to contact them about a dog I took in after the owner abandoned it. She was run over in the street the RSPCA came out took me to broadway vets then said they had to leave on an emergency only later I found they had only authorised £60 worth of treatment (consult,antibiotic,pain killer) unfortunately this didn't stretch to a dressing the wound. They also told me in no uncertain terms that if they were to take the dog it would more than likely be put down as it was an "older dog" luckily that story had a happy ending but I kind of think if it had been a swan or something along them lines they may have been a bit more willing to "release some more funds".
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 20th Mar 2013 10:22pm
Hey, i thought i asked u if u had any pets?

Im glad u say she doing well, but if i had known this i would of not let her go.
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 20th Mar 2013 10:28pm
I remember i did ask u, u said one cat passed away and one ran away after u moved.

Plz correct me if im wrong....
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 20th Mar 2013 10:56pm
To be fair you did say in original post NO OTHER PETS, if the cat is settled in the new home with the kids and has accepted the dog and vice versa then no real harm done.

Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 20th Mar 2013 10:59pm
Just the point is, i would not of took the chance and they out of order they did take that chance.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 20th Mar 2013 11:05pm
Grayham I am with you . . . they were wrong to mislead you, but please take heart from knowing the cat is happy and settled.
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 20th Mar 2013 11:06pm
I do :-) just wish the "chance" was not taken smile
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 20th Mar 2013 11:12pm
I know, gotta go now bed is calling me.
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 20th Mar 2013 11:22pm
nn smile
Posted By: venice Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 21st Mar 2013 7:55am
Maybe Rover was just so enthusiastic to help , she was in the right place at the right time (ie on the forum) and she just mentally brushed the no other pets bit aside as she knew how good her dog was with cats and presumed that that was the bit that would be worrying you.
Really , unless its totally impossible for practical reasons, its always a good idea to go and visit the home you are going to pass a pet on to, to make sure its what you want for them .Why dont you ask Rover if you may visit , Im sure she wouldnt mind, so you can reassure yourself that your cat isnt frightened of the dog etc, and then hopefully you can settle and know shes found a loving home.
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 21st Mar 2013 9:14am
For everyone who has showed concern for ellie She has settled in really well. She has already taken to both my children who spoil her rotten. She is roaming round exploring the house purring with her tail up. I have an 8 year old lab called sasha (who for some unknown reason loves cats) and already ellie just strolls past her without so much as a glance. Will get some pics onto pet section so we can all go RRRRRRRRRRRR asap.
OH great news rover644,Some nice pics would be great for us on wiki.
Posted By: rover644 Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 21st Mar 2013 8:52pm
I should probably explain a bit here. For one i did not mislead anyone. My wife, who by the way used to rescue cats (at least 15 cats rescued and CAREFULLY re homed) noticed the post and as she had been planning to get a cat as a surprise for me made contact with you. I think her not mentioning sasha was an oversite. I did not mention it when i picked her up as i did not think it relevant as i had not seen the post in work. If you would of asked to visit us first that would of been fine. All i can say is ellie is fine,safe,and much loved (and always will be) by us already but if you have any concern for her or this could lead to any loss of trust for us among the wikiwirral community i would agree to return her
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 21st Mar 2013 9:01pm
Nope its fine, if she has taken to you then all is good. I was worried about her and other animals.

Hope your family and ellie have a happy life together.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 21st Mar 2013 9:50pm
rover may I make a suggestion?

I was not having a go saying about misleading, when I read posts I presume that it is normally one person on an account, their seems a mix i.e. your wife seeing post and you then contacting Grayham. I would suggest that having an account each would be easier for other other members to see who is actually posting.

If you re-read my posts I was actually trying to reassure Grayham and nothing else. If I have offended you by using the word misleading I apologize.
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 21st Mar 2013 10:26pm
Yes its true got to think how many people out there would just make themselves happy rather than an animal, i was just worried but its all worked out so no worries.

Peace
Posted By: rover644 Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 22nd Mar 2013 12:30am
Originally Posted by dizdazdoz
rover may I make a suggestion?

I was not having a go saying about misleading, when I read posts I presume that it is normally one person on an account, their seems a mix i.e. your wife seeing post and you then contacting Grayham. I would suggest that having an account each would be easier for other other members to see who is actually posting.

If you re-read my posts I was actually trying to reassure Grayham and nothing else. If I have offended you by using the word misleading I apologize.
I could see you were being reassuring, I was not at all offended, and thank you for your helpful suggestion.
Posted By: rover644 Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 22nd Mar 2013 12:45am
sleep

Attached picture DSCF1134.JPG
Posted By: rover644 Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 22nd Mar 2013 12:58am
Sash with our last cat lacy.

Attached picture DSCF0452.JPG
Posted By: rover644 Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 22nd Mar 2013 1:06am
Ellie

Attached picture DSCF1127.JPG
Posted By: rover644 Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 22nd Mar 2013 1:11am
zzzzzzzzzzz

Attached picture DSCF1129.JPG
Posted By: venice Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 22nd Mar 2013 8:58am
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Posted By: rocks Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 22nd Mar 2013 10:01am
thats one lucky cat finding such a lovely home and it looks like shes settled in really well
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 22nd Mar 2013 7:15pm
Ahhhh....she looks so relaxed ....well done rover644 for giving her a loving home smile
P.S......love Lacy !! smile
Posted By: Lemming Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 23rd Mar 2013 5:11am
Grayham please pm me. I cannot pm you as your inbox is full apparently. X
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 23rd Mar 2013 1:18pm
have pmed u
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 24th Mar 2013 12:20am
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 24th Mar 2013 7:18am
Sorry was very drunk lastnight, i have asked the admins to remove the above post and remove my account.

Sorry again
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 24th Mar 2013 11:44am
Forgive me rover but can you explain how you came accross finding out your sasha was ok with cats?

I've always wondered about owners of mixed animals as tis not normal to hold a cat up to a dog for social purposes or am I wrong? Lol smile
Posted By: rocks Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 24th Mar 2013 1:35pm
iv had mixed pets and the cats are normally the boss of the dog
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 24th Mar 2013 1:40pm
The cats are the bosses in this house. smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 24th Mar 2013 2:24pm
So if I got a dog it Should be ok with my cats if bought as a pup then or do you think the cats would attack it?
Posted By: rocks Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 24th Mar 2013 3:01pm
the cats would only have to swipe at the pup once and the pup wouldnt bother with them again, the cats happy they are the boss so sorted ha
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 24th Mar 2013 3:03pm
Thanks, time to convince Sarah lol
Posted By: rocks Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 24th Mar 2013 3:24pm
good luck with that one smile
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 24th Mar 2013 4:58pm
Cats are territorial,Also the dog may not be cat freindly.Its not as simple as you think.Its not cheap keeping a dog and cat/cats.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 24th Mar 2013 5:06pm
Originally Posted by rocks
good luck with that one smile
lol laugh
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 24th Mar 2013 5:24pm
Oh forgot to mention,Thanks for sharing your pictures with us all Rover.Your pets look so cute.And Ellie looks well settled in her new home.Well Done x
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 11th Apr 2013 7:33pm
Is there any news on ellie? How is she doing any more pics?
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 11th Apr 2013 8:26pm
Ellies doing well, learnt how to fend for herself...

Attached picture ellie.jpg
Posted By: Grayham Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 13th Apr 2013 8:11pm
Is there any news on ellie? How is she doing any more pics?
Posted By: venice Re: Need a home for my Cat :( - 13th Apr 2013 8:24pm
Rover may not be on here at the mo Grayham , have you not got a contact number to give a ring to catch up on news?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral