Forums
Posted By: granny Seagulls! - 24th Jan 2013 12:59pm
Surprisingly, although I live Thingwall area, it is uncommon to see seagulls on a daily or even weekly basis around here. Yet if I should dare to put a couple of old bones out, a squabble of them appear and start squabbling, before having chance to lock the back door and boil the kettle. Can they smell so well? (my bones don't smell ) Have they got a sound system? How do they know? It's a mystery.

Can anyone say?

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Seagulls! - 24th Jan 2013 1:42pm
It's your magnetic personality Granny !! grin
Posted By: davew3 Re: Seagulls! - 24th Jan 2013 2:02pm
They seem to have scouts around ,who seem to see every movement by people.
Watched a load of seagulls a few years ago while I was waiting by Pensby school fields early morning, they landed in the field and waited for more to arrive and when they all looked settled two big ones flew in and landed on the chimney top, squawked a few times and all the ones in the field flew up and flew to the east, the birds on the chimney pot basically stayed as some late comers came to catch up with the rest, I was amazed.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Seagulls! - 24th Jan 2013 2:46pm
Their eyesight is many times better than ours and their eyes swivel in the sockets. They also get used to where food may be and if just one of them spots something it lets the others know and down they swoop.They will eat virtually anything as well.
Posted By: cathie Re: Seagulls! - 24th Jan 2013 3:39pm
Mine mine mine mine (you'll have to have seen Finding Nemo to get that!!)
Posted By: cathie Re: Seagulls! - 24th Jan 2013 3:42pm
http://youtu.be/eNiR5ZTb_MA
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Seagulls! - 24th Jan 2013 4:55pm
Same on holiday in Wales. Not a seagull in sight, chucked out a crust and about 50 descended within seconds. laugh
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Seagulls! - 24th Jan 2013 7:02pm
i have noticed that there are all inland for the past year or so eg Birkenhaed park

Not know why be good to know i think lol
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Seagulls! - 24th Jan 2013 10:08pm
ok this is a bit wrong but funny

when we were younger me and my mates used to get chips down NB and park up on the front and put the chips on the dashboard. Was hilarious watching them trying to get at them

they must have had bad headaches raftl

and these kids just take it to such a level of wrongness but raftl raftl raftl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suYz5SHFHyA
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Seagulls! - 25th Jan 2013 8:24pm
raftl Jabber....thats mean
Posted By: granny Re: Seagulls! - 26th Jan 2013 12:47pm
raftl Yes, Jabber it is cruel.
Those poor birds must have had a really bad stomach ache.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral