Forums
Posted By: jenscho Cat help needed!!! - 13th Jan 2013 9:22pm
My brother rehomed a cat today after his friend decided he could no longer look after it. Within about an hour the cat had found a small hole and got behind the bath panel and managed to get under the floor boards! They have lifted the floor boards but cannot hear anything or indeed see anything. They have spoken to the fire brigade who told them to put food out etc but nothing is working! They are worried sick, any ideas what to do?!
Posted By: Tilly Re: Cat help needed!!! - 13th Jan 2013 9:30pm
Originally Posted by jenscho
My brother rehomed a cat today after his friend decided he could no longer look after it. Within about an hour the cat had found a small hole and got behind the bath panel and managed to get under the floor boards! They have lifted the floor boards but cannot hear anything or indeed see anything. They have spoken to the fire brigade who told them to put food out etc but nothing is working! They are worried sick, any ideas what to do?!

just leave it and wait it out. our cat disappeared up our chimney and was there for days. just put some strong smelly fish out and water...it will come out eventually.
Posted By: jenscho Re: Cat help needed!!! - 13th Jan 2013 9:32pm
I think they are just worried it's stuck or something or has disappeared under next door somehow!! They feel like such bad parents now smile
Posted By: Tilly Re: Cat help needed!!! - 13th Jan 2013 9:36pm
it's what cats do especially older ones. ours was a rescue aged about 2 years old. I'm sure it will be fine. I just hope, as you say it hasn't got outside and trying to find a way back to old owner..
Posted By: jenscho Re: Cat help needed!!! - 13th Jan 2013 9:37pm
thanks Tilly smile
Posted By: slinky4 Re: Cat help needed!!! - 13th Jan 2013 11:10pm
Im sure it will come out as soon as everyones in bed and its quite...are you 100% sure its under there..i had a kitten do that once..or so i thought,,got someone out,,all the floor boards up etc...only to find him asleep in my wardrobe quite happily smile good luck x
Posted By: Elyth Re: Cat help needed!!! - 13th Jan 2013 11:20pm
I know what that feels like. I left the cupboard underneath the sink open once and there is gap that my cat jumped over and ended up under the floor boards. she ended up under the bath panel. I was really distraught and started thinking the worst. I had to take the whole bath panel off and i left some cat milk in a dish because she loves that. Then she came out after 5 mins and went straight for the cat milk. If you have any cat milk maybe try that.
Posted By: daisy_kat Re: Cat help needed!!! - 14th Jan 2013 3:45pm
Did the cat come out? Has it settled in ok?
Posted By: jenscho Re: Cat help needed!!! - 14th Jan 2013 6:03pm
It still hasn't come out!! My bro saw it under the floorboards so it's still knockin about somewhere but he just can't get to it, I suppose when it's ready and hungry it will come out frown
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Cat help needed!!! - 14th Jan 2013 6:04pm
Fingers crossed.
Posted By: daisy_kat Re: Cat help needed!!! - 14th Jan 2013 6:21pm
Have you tried leaving smelly fish or crabsticks?
Posted By: Elyth Re: Cat help needed!!! - 17th Jan 2013 12:39am
Has the cat come out yet?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral