Forums
Posted By: boogaloo my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 5th Jan 2013 10:14pm
Hiya. my cat billy has been losing alto of weight but as he's a big cat and is still eating so we thought he's ok but in the last couple of hours he's taken a turn for the worse. he's stated breathing rapidly and has gone really weak. eyes are big and glassy and his nose is running. we can't get him the vets till tom morning. anyone know what this could be xc
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 5th Jan 2013 10:27pm
the vets in bebington is 24hrs i think!!!hope its ok.
Posted By: shar215 Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 5th Jan 2013 10:29pm
there are lot of cats this time of year being poisoned by antifreeze .if your cat go's out it might be a possibility .and there are emergency vets around .hope he's ok
Posted By: shar215 Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 5th Jan 2013 10:33pm
broadway bebington is a 24 hour clinic 608 7822
Posted By: boogaloo Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 5th Jan 2013 10:34pm
he's in my sisters bed now but still the same really rapid breathing. we phoned the vets and they said can only take him in the morning. I've had him half my life so really worried just hope he survives the night. xx thanks xx
Posted By: sam_n_mark Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 5th Jan 2013 10:38pm
When I could not get my regular vet after hours I rang rob Mcnulty in joy lake and he was brilliant, he gave me the quickest route to get to him, did not over charge, and even waited for my phone call to say all was ok, my advise to you is give him a ring I'm sure they are in the phone book for the price of a phone call it's worth a try xxxx hope your cat is ok xxxx
Posted By: sam_n_mark Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 5th Jan 2013 10:39pm
Hoylake evenxxx
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 5th Jan 2013 10:48pm
Hope your kitty will be ok. Keep us posted.
Posted By: boogaloo Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 5th Jan 2013 11:16pm
thanks everyone. Sam i think its the same vet as the one we phoned. he's in hoylake too. he said he will need bloods and to take him first thing in the morning before surgery x ill keep u informed x hoping and praying he makes it through the night xxx
Posted By: slinky4 Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 5th Jan 2013 11:37pm
have you tried parkside in wallasey village,they have another surgery in new ferry,if you phone they have an emergency number to call and they will meet you at new ferry branch,i had to take my dog there when it was out of hours.Hope your cats ok xxx
Posted By: jenscho Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 5th Jan 2013 11:58pm
oh my god I wouldn't be waiting til the morning you know, keep phoning round til you get hold of an emergency vet who will take your cat in tonight, there must be one out there frown
Posted By: Tina21 Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 6th Jan 2013 10:06am
hi ya give little croft vets they have there own pet ambulance and they come to you right away there brill.. call 0151 3392605. hope your cats ok..
Posted By: slinky4 Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 6th Jan 2013 10:08am
Hi Boogaloo,Hows Billy ???? hope hes ok ,keep us updated please xx
Posted By: boogaloo Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 6th Jan 2013 5:52pm
Hi, Slinky. Billy went in last night early morning as we didn't think he would survives the night. The vet believes he has a heart problem and he's on a drip so far he's ok there just trying to get his heart and breathing back to a steady rate so he's staying in. he's not out of the woods yet so keeping everything crossed still. thanks everyone for there help. ill let you know the outcome in the morning. xxxxx
Posted By: boogaloo Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 6th Jan 2013 5:55pm
Hi Tina. that's really good info to have. thank you xx
Posted By: slinky4 Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 6th Jan 2013 8:46pm
aawww bless him.so glad you got him there last night,well done.lets hope they get him sorted really quick.keep us updated smile xxx
Posted By: Tina21 Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 7th Jan 2013 3:09pm
oh thats ok, no prob's hope your cats ok, poor little one xx
Posted By: boogaloo Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 7th Jan 2013 7:30pm
Hiya. turns out he has a thyroid problem and had water on his lungs. that's why his breathing was so fast. he now needs meds now daily but im happy to say he's home Wahoo lol. he's limping and very foggy but i honestly thought we had lost him so very happy he's home. Thanks to everyone for there help xxx
Posted By: Anonymous Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 7th Jan 2013 7:33pm
followed the thread and delighted to read all is well. x
Posted By: missmahjong Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 7th Jan 2013 9:07pm
Originally Posted by boogaloo
Hiya. turns out he has a thyroid problem and had water on his lungs. that's why his breathing was so fast. he now needs meds now daily but im happy to say he's home Wahoo lol. he's limping and very foggy but i honestly thought we had lost him so very happy he's home. Thanks to everyone for there help xxx
Glad you got a diagnosis and treatment plan,he will pick up soon ,he has had a rough ride,poor thing
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 7th Jan 2013 9:38pm
Great news x
Posted By: slinky4 Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 7th Jan 2013 11:11pm
so glad hes home,lets hope hes feeling much better once his meds have kicked in.lovely to hear good news xxx
Posted By: rocks Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 8th Jan 2013 1:33pm
great news smile
Posted By: Sneezy Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 8th Jan 2013 3:28pm
Soooo happy for you.....glad things turned out ok smile
Posted By: Tina21 Re: my cat has just fell ill. need help xx - 10th Jan 2013 10:24pm
it's lovely news he's home,
© Wirral-Wikiwirral