Forums
Posted By: BadWolf Agility/Flyball - 10th Dec 2012 2:37am
Hi all,

I have a very energetic 6 month old pup that I'd love to take to agility classes or flyball. Does anyone know any places on the wirral and how old he has to be to join?

I'm aiming for the Crufts flyball team next year wink
Posted By: dadave Re: Agility/Flyball - 10th Dec 2012 9:44am
Champion dogs in arrowe park or stretch in meols is your best bet.
Posted By: katyem Re: Agility/Flyball - 10th Dec 2012 9:53am
Champion dogs smile
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Agility/Flyball - 10th Dec 2012 7:40pm
Moreton Dog Training Club, very good, Graham who runs Champion dogs is an ex-member, so you get a fairly consistant quality whichever you choose.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/MDTClub/

or

http://www.moretoncommunitycentre.org.uk/MDTC.html

Done wonders for our dog.
Posted By: BadWolf Re: Agility/Flyball - 10th Dec 2012 11:35pm
Thanks guys! Anyone know if these places do flyball?
Posted By: GraemeStorey Re: Agility/Flyball - 11th Dec 2012 8:52am
Hi guys, yes champion dogs run agility, we are a kennel club good citizen club I did used to go to Moreton and instruct but obviously techniques differ between organisations, I think moreton would require you to carry on obedience as well
As agility but you would need to double check, where as we will consider dogs who have a good recall and stay, our puppy agility is for dogs over 6 months concentrating on ground work, recalls, positioning and conditioning of the dog taking consideration of the dogs breed and age they then work on the lowest heights which is normally no higher than what a dog could step over after the dog is 12 months we gradually increase the height until the dog is on the full height to compete. We close until february but taking details of
People interested in next years intake if you would
Like to email [email protected].

You also have Wirral Alsatian training club so there are
Lots to choose from.
Posted By: BadWolf Re: Agility/Flyball - 13th Dec 2012 8:40am
Originally Posted by GraemeStorey
Hi guys, yes champion dogs run agility, we are a kennel club good citizen club I did used to go to Moreton and instruct but obviously techniques differ between organisations, I think moreton would require you to carry on obedience as well
As agility but you would need to double check, where as we will consider dogs who have a good recall and stay, our puppy agility is for dogs over 6 months concentrating on ground work, recalls, positioning and conditioning of the dog taking consideration of the dogs breed and age they then work on the lowest heights which is normally no higher than what a dog could step over after the dog is 12 months we gradually increase the height until the dog is on the full height to compete. We close until february but taking details of
People interested in next years intake if you would
Like to email [email protected].

You also have Wirral Alsatian training club so there are
Lots to choose from.

Thanks Graeme that sounds fab!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral