Found in Egremont today inbox me for details
Posted By: Tilly Re: Found German Shepherd - 22nd Nov 2012 8:39pm
inboxed you Pamela
Posted By: Driver Re: Found German Shepherd - 22nd Nov 2012 8:56pm
He must be looking for his sheep, verdammt! wink
Posted By: Pamela185 Re: Found German Shepherd - 23rd Nov 2012 5:05am
messaged you tilly
Posted By: Pamela185 Re: Found German Shepherd - 23rd Nov 2012 2:45pm
The dog has now been passed onto the RSPCA.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Found German Shepherd - 23rd Nov 2012 3:26pm
quote=Pamela185]The dog has now been passed onto the RSPCA.[/quote] God help it.
Posted By: Pamela185 Re: Found German Shepherd - 24th Nov 2012 1:33am
well hopefully its microchipped. wont be in long if it is
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Found German Shepherd - 24th Nov 2012 3:16am
Nice 1 Tilly, it would of been better off with someone who could look after it until the rightful owner could claim it!!! Not stuck in a prison!

thumbsdown
Posted By: Tilly Re: Found German Shepherd - 24th Nov 2012 8:45am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Nice 1 Tilly, it would of been better off with someone who could look after it until the rightful owner could claim it!!! Not stuck in a prison!

thumbsdown

And the fact that the rspca have got it is my fault because????
Ive not even seen it or know who had it so I have no idea
Why you would come to the conclusion that it had owt to do with me...
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Found German Shepherd - 24th Nov 2012 4:28pm
I apologise.
Posted By: Morgan2012 Re: Found German Shepherd - 24th Nov 2012 10:57pm
Originally Posted by Pamela185
any update on this?
Posted By: lludd_eraint Re: Found German Shepherd - 26th Nov 2012 7:42pm
Originally Posted by Morgan2012
any update on this?

not sure what update you want? someone found a dog and briefly took responsibility for it and when boredom set in the dog then became an inmate in RSPCA death row.

german shepherd dogs are very intelligent and this dog would have probably found its way back home, but instead now awaits its fate on death row
Posted By: Tilly Re: Found German Shepherd - 26th Nov 2012 10:02pm
Originally Posted by lludd_eraint
Originally Posted by Morgan2012
any update on this?

not sure what update you want? someone found a dog and briefly took responsibility for it and when boredom set in the dog then became an inmate in RSPCA death row.

german shepherd dogs are very intelligent and this dog would have probably found its way back home, but instead now awaits its fate on death row

I don't know what brought you to this conclusion about the dog to be honest.
I don't like the rspca at the best of times, but as far as i know. The dog was taken to cross lane center the next morning. The finder kept hold of him/her over night to save it going straight to the dog pound, which no dog should have to experience in my opinion. I have asked them on their facebook page if one was handed in but they haven't yet replied..

Now Maybe the dog was chipped and the owners located. But the staff at cross lane are a nice bunch of people and they would of informed the dog warden. They would of either of picked it up or he would of been taken there by one of the staff, and since he/she is not on the kennel list I expect the owner was found.

If someone finds a dog wandering the streets they are NOT allowed to just keep it. By law the dog warden has to be informed. Whether the finder chooses to care for it until it's owner has been found or a new home found then that can be discussed with with the dog warden.

The fact that GSD's are very intelligent is a stupid reason to let it wander around hoping it goes back home. god forbid if ever one of my gsd's got lost I hope someone would take him in and contact either the warden or rspca so he could be scanned and returned to me.
Posted By: lludd_eraint Re: Found German Shepherd - 26th Nov 2012 10:28pm
came to the conclusion as the RSPCA is known for having very little funding and problems of so many dogs and not enough space/ food etc. dogs are on death row - fact!
Posted By: TheDr Re: Found German Shepherd - 26th Nov 2012 11:07pm
Originally Posted by lludd_eraint
came to the conclusion as the RSPCA is known for having very little funding and problems of so many dogs and not enough space/ food etc. dogs are on death row - fact!

If it's a conclusion it is not necessarily a fact.

Several people on here have handed dogs in to the RSPCA, many have reclaimed their lost dogs from them and quite a few have given dogs from there loving homes (myself included, more than once over the years).

They may be short on space, but that isn't their fault, however I have NEVER seen an animal there going short of food.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Found German Shepherd - 26th Nov 2012 11:44pm
The small rspca centers do have problems with funding. They also do their best to rehome the dogs they have there. The huge rspca H/Q however are one of the richest charities with over 19 million in the bank. yet the small centers have to pay the big wigs to use the rspca logo. They have to do all their own fundraising to care for the animals they have. the rspca organisation made a statement a couple of years ago that they would not be taking in any more stray cats and dogs. its all about prosecutions now with them, and trying to get people to leave them all their money in wills. the donations people make via direct debits etc dont go to caring for animals, it goes towards bringing private prosecutions and flash cars, big houses etc, so unless you make a donation to the actual local center, your money will go to their next xmas party. however the small rspca centres like cross lane are still taking in some strays.
also visit the council dog pound in birkenhead..thats where you can view death row dogs, fact.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral