Forums
Posted By: poodlepup Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 20th Oct 2012 1:01pm
I'm not in their catchment area.
Anyone any ideas where i can get help with costs for vet fees.

Posted By: IanR123 Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 20th Oct 2012 1:17pm
Not being funny but ask at the vets.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 20th Oct 2012 2:00pm
Vets are closed at the moment!
Posted By: rocks Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 20th Oct 2012 2:11pm
pp some vets accept the rspca vouchers and i think you either only pay a third of the bill or you get a third off
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 20th Oct 2012 2:29pm
Rocks i think they have stopped the vouchers from RSPCA
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 20th Oct 2012 8:25pm
Why have a pet if you can't pay vet fees or take insurance out?
Posted By: Zubee Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 20th Oct 2012 8:48pm
Originally Posted by Wiggi77
Why have a pet if you can't pay vet fees or take insurance out?

The reasons for this can be many and varied. Please think before you post.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 21st Oct 2012 12:11am
withthat.....

Why?..well usually money isn't a problem for my pets,but unlucky for me i'm on benefits at the moment and my dog took seriously ill this morning,i knew it was going to be mega bucks at my private vet so i thought i'd ask for help with some of the costs if i could.

Insurance will not cover my dog cos of underlying health problems ....she's a rescued abuse case.

Hope that helps
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 21st Oct 2012 1:13am
oh, we have another Judgemental One. Very helpful.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 21st Oct 2012 8:01am
where abouts are you?
im in wirral and would qualify if i was on benefits have just checked there eligabilty page and they showed up some vets to use?

good luck
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 21st Oct 2012 6:29pm
Pup ring the PDSA As you can go there if your on the Wirral I know this as I took my mums dog there and they told me they do all Wirral

The phone number is 0151 933 6260
It the Jeanne Marchig centre
1 Celia street
Kirkdale
Liverpool
L20 2BG

Hope your dog gets better xxxx
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 21st Oct 2012 8:17pm
Thanks everyone...phoned both Huyton and Kirkdale,told by both CH62 is not in their catchment area.I will phone again and try and clear this confusion up,in case more emergency help is denied to peeps around New ferry/Bebington area.

Bank of mum has rescued me and at the moment my dog is on the mend. x
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 21st Oct 2012 8:30pm
Fantastic news, Poods. I'm made up xx
Posted By: Tilly Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 21st Oct 2012 8:42pm
Glad you got help for your dog poodlepup smile
sorry I wasnt much use frown
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 22nd Oct 2012 8:20am
Aww sorry hear about your doggy Poods, hope you and doggy get the help that you need.x
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 22nd Oct 2012 9:31am
pup

Unfortunately there are no PDSA PetAid hospitals or practices in your local area. (CH62) I'm in CH44 so right next to the tunnel

Where can I get help for my pet?

You will need to contact a local private veterinary practice to receive treatment for your pet, a list can be found on the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons website or Yell.com.

If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit* PDSA may be able to make a contribution towards outstanding veterinary costs. This is referred to as PDSA PetAid request service.

For further information, you or your private veterinary practice, may contact PDSA on 0800 731 2502 during the hours of 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.

*Please note that only Council Tax Benefit can be accepted. Other reductions in Council Tax e.g. single person discount, second adult rebate and council tax exemption do not qualify

*Please note that PDSA only treats 1 pedigree pet per household.

What else can I do to care for my pet?

You may also like to consider a Pet Insurance policy to ensure you have peace of mind and your pet has the protection they need. PDSA Petsurance offers great value protection and there are three levels of cover for vets' fees for accident or illness (per condition) from £1,000, £2,000 or £5,000.

Phone today on 0800 980 6000, to apply for a free no-obligation quote or visit PDSA Petsurance

hope you get all the help you can for your doggy xxx
let us know how to get on xxx
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 22nd Oct 2012 10:45am
Hi Ed,thanks for posting that info up.

As soon as PDSA said "can't help" i contacted my old vets Allport,explained i was short of cash,being a long time customer they said not to worry and i could pay the bill next month.

So thanks to them and good old bank of mum for saving my doggy.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 22nd Oct 2012 11:30am
Very pleased that things worked out ok for you - and of course doggo! I'm sure he/her won't be short of the vital tlc !!

God Bless the Bank of Mum/Dad.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Help with vet costs,PDSA can't help.... - 22nd Oct 2012 11:46am
Thanks Pinz x
© Wirral-Wikiwirral