Forums
Posted By: RedLance Vets on Woodchurch Road - 3rd Aug 2012 7:19am
Took our new pup to the vets on Woodchurch Road by the Aldi and have never known anyone so inept.
He started off great saying how healthy and lovely our Alfie was and was very impressed with his notes from his kennels.
We had taken him in for his second injection which was meant to be £15 including a full check up which we thought was a great price, only when we went to pay the bill we were told it was £33 when we queried the price the snotty receptionist said he had been given a restart injection as there vaccine wasn't compatible with what he had already had, therefore we would have to keep him in for another two weeks and then go back for another injection which he shouldn't have needed before he can go out anywhere. To sum it up we had to wait over an hour because they had forgot to book our appt even though they told ius it had been booked , the vet gave him the wrong injection and the staff need lessons in customer service and the vet doesn,t tell you wahat he is giving your pet .

Don't go there - rant over
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 3rd Aug 2012 7:35am
oh dear...good to know thanks
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 3rd Aug 2012 8:10am
hi , i use these vets [ vets 4pets ]since dec 11, alway's found them fine. sorry you have a negative experience,i feel you should have had the full details of injections before proceeding. poor alfie! [i was there y/day with sally, sore paw, think i met you with your daugther]
Posted By: Waddi Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 3rd Aug 2012 9:17am
I've used these since nov 2010, never had a problem, always great service, great pricing, great communication, extremely knowledgeable vets.

would highly recommend them.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 3rd Aug 2012 9:44am
Looks like there is vet service which is as incompetent as my doctor's. Doc ok but the backroom staff? Sheesh.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 3rd Aug 2012 10:23am
Hi Waddi,I've been thinking about giving these vets a try,how many vets do they have? Is Matt Pope still there?
Posted By: starakita Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 3rd Aug 2012 11:16am
I use these vets ive found them to be good as far as I know Matt Pope is still there.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 3rd Aug 2012 11:43am
I always use this vet and never had a problem
Posted By: Nighteyes Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 3rd Aug 2012 12:01pm
I applied for the receptionist job but never heard back so maybe you got the new receptionist
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 3rd Aug 2012 7:22pm
Hi Ludwigvan, I use Vets 4 pets and have done since it opened,i can confirm Matt Pope is there, i moved my dog there when Matt moved from Broadway.. I find this vets to be brilliant, they are always helpful, cheap and fully explain everything..
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 3rd Aug 2012 7:38pm
Originally Posted by pegsgirl
Hi Ludwigvan, I use Vets 4 pets and have done since it opened,i can confirm Matt Pope is there, i moved my dog there when Matt moved from Broadway.. I find this vets to be brilliant, they are always helpful, cheap and fully explain everything..
Hi pegsgirl,thanks for the information,I'm glad to hear that Matt Pope is still there I think it's good to have the continuity of having the same vet treat your pet.I used to go to him when he was at Broadway,a top vet in my opinion, and the reason I didn't follow him to Woodchurch road was that I was concerned that he was a one man band and might be taking on too much.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 3rd Aug 2012 7:40pm
yes i agree , matt pope, is are sally-anns vet ,she loves him.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 3rd Aug 2012 9:58pm
Hi ludvig.
Matt has another vet joined the practice now. So he does manage to get a day off. Vets 4 pets is a franchise and Matt worked so hard to give the place a good name. I've only ever heard good comments. I would recommended it to you. Plus its in prenton not far from you.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 4th Aug 2012 7:43am
Thanks for the info pegsgirl I think I'll stroll up there and have a chat with them.I still think Broadway are good,especially the nurses but apart from one female vet that neither I nor my dogs are keen on,they never seem to stay very long so consequently there is no chance to establish a rapport,which I think is important especially with having elderly dogs with their attendant health problems.
Posted By: RedLance Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 4th Aug 2012 10:44am
Originally Posted by missmahjong
hi , i use these vets [ vets 4pets ]since dec 11, alway's found them fine. sorry you have a negative experience,i feel you should have had the full details of injections before proceeding. poor alfie! [i was there y/day with sally, sore paw, think i met you with your daugther]

Hi you did meet us there and the owner of the practice actually phoned my partner to apologise for the mistakes they had made and to arrange for himself to be there to give Alfie his next injection and to confirm that the snotty receptionist will be getting spoken to on her attitude. He was very apologetic and stated that this hadn't happened before.
Posted By: 3richard Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 4th Aug 2012 1:04pm
Took my cat to this Vet he examined him gave him an injection cost £30 plus told me bring him back in a week if he was no better, the Vet said he would do tests on him about £100. The cat got worse over the weekend so I decided to take him to another Vet, he examined the cat and said" This cat is barely alive, he is dying of Leukemia he asked me to feel the cat`s kidneys which where the size of a large egg ! The cat was putdown. RIP mate. I don`t think the £100 tests would have saved the Cat or is that me being cynical ?
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 4th Aug 2012 2:09pm
I wonder if it would be possible to arrange a discount for Wikiwirral members? Not just at these vets but other things such as Garages,plumbing,decorating etc.I'm sorry if this has been suggested before or is even in existence.
Posted By: venice Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 4th Aug 2012 3:39pm
Ive only visited this practice once with someone elses dog who was staying with me (their normal practice) and found Matt Pope to be both approachable and efficient, and not pushy to do 'extras' on this animal that I knew some vets would have been keen to do, to bump the bill up.
As for a Wiki members discount -- lovely idea, but I think there are few vets who actually NEED to find more clients. A lot of them seem so busy they can hardly cope as it is , so they have no need to offer deals to anyone .
Posted By: RedLance Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 7th Aug 2012 12:41pm
Absolutley Fuming, poor Alfie now has kennel cough due to being made to wait for over an hour in this hole of a vets, I have spoken to the Kennels where we bought him from and they were disgusted with the treatment he had recieved.
We kept him him for two weeks away from other dogs so he didn't catch anything and then he catches this at the vet's, who should know better than to have mixed ages of dogs in the same room for so long.
FUMING mad mad mad
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 7th Aug 2012 11:39pm
hi, redlance only just spotted this .I,m glad you got some posi tive reaction from the vet,s. Hope alfie get's on ok, he is a lovely pup! Small world really, i'm a newbee on wiki as well.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 7th Aug 2012 11:45pm
red lance my comment's were in responce to the early post regrading your phone call ect...... just saw last post .....poor alfie!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 8th Aug 2012 12:22am
Who is this Matt Pope? Never heard of him. I have never known a vet. to be so well known? Is he a kind of celebrity vet?

He comes across as some kind of Dr Doolittle?!

(and i don't mean that 'funny')
Posted By: RedLance Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 8th Aug 2012 7:05am
red lance my comment's were in responce to the early post regrading your phone call ect...... just saw last post .....poor alfie!

Hi yes it is a small world smile
Alfie on anti-biotics now should be ok in a week thanks.
Was your dog the cute labrador?
Posted By: tedmus Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 8th Aug 2012 7:33am
Originally Posted by RedLance

Hi yes it is a small world smile
Alfie on anti-biotics now should be ok in a week thanks.
Was your dog the cute labrador?

Redlance you may find childrens Benylin for chesty coughs might help with the cough, sounds daft but I was recommended this by a rescue years ago for mine when they got it. smile
Posted By: RedLance Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 8th Aug 2012 8:07am
Thanks Tedmus we were recommended this as well and he loves it so hopefully he will be better sooner rather than later, thanks for the advice though smile
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 8th Aug 2012 8:57pm
hi redlance,glad to hear alfie will be ok by next week, our sally was the yapper .red terrier x, when i was paying the bill,went quiet when we spoke, you made abig fuss of her and i stroked alfie. Have you read the thread about the poor dog that has died from poisoning in new brighton,awful.
Posted By: RedLance Re: Vets on Woodchurch Road - 9th Aug 2012 7:09am
Hi yes sounds terrible the poor little mite.
I remember Sally very cute.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral