Forums
Posted By: clayman22 Parakeet type bird in Central Park - 12th Jun 2012 2:44pm
I've just spotted what I think is a parakeet in the foliage around the small pond in Central Park (bottom of Ladywood Road). I'm thinking it's an escaped pet who's enjoying a bit of freedom but unfortunately I couldn't stick around to try and catch it.

Posted By: Moonstar Re: Parakeet type bird in Central Park - 12th Jun 2012 4:17pm
Could be feral.

http://www.nlpr.org.uk/education/feral
Posted By: Volly Re: Parakeet type bird in Central Park - 12th Jun 2012 5:28pm
1000's of them making huge colonies in UK now.
Mainly down south but moving northwards all the time.
Posted By: Uffda Re: Parakeet type bird in Central Park - 29th Jun 2012 6:10pm
Personally I think all birds should be flying free.
Posted By: venice Re: Parakeet type bird in Central Park - 30th Jun 2012 1:01am
Wonder why people dont seem to object much to budgies and bunnies incarcerated in a space no more than about 5 times their body width , yet if they saw lets say a cat or dog being kept most of its life in a cage , they'd probably throw their hands up in horror!! YET -- given the chance to act naturally, birds and rabbits are FAR more active than cats and dogs. How illogical and unkind is that!!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Parakeet type bird in Central Park - 30th Jun 2012 8:27am
Originally Posted by venice
Wonder why people dont seem to object much to budgies and bunnies incarcerated in a space no more than about 5 times their body width , yet if they saw lets say a cat or dog being kept most of its life in a cage , they'd probably throw their hands up in horror!! YET -- given the chance to act naturally, birds and rabbits are FAR more active than cats and dogs. How illogical and unkind is that!!

Thats what I call double standards, everyone has them.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral