Forums
Posted By: futurepast lost pigeon - 3rd Jun 2012 1:15pm
Just found a racing pigeon with a tag on both feet,a yellow tag with a letter p on it and the numbers 40451 and a green band on the other foot. Can any 1 help me trace its home it looks in good nick just a bit tired.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: lost pigeon - 3rd Jun 2012 1:20pm
i know the british legion in liscard have pigeons raced from there, they may be able to help
Posted By: Maisie Re: lost pigeon - 3rd Jun 2012 1:25pm
Just found this when I googled it...

Open the pigeon's wings out and see if the owners name and phone number are printed on it's wing somewhere.

If it is happy days, you can phone the owner!!

Sorry I can't be more help!!

Here's the website
http://www.homingpigeons.co.uk/straypigeons.htm
Posted By: futurepast Re: lost pigeon - 3rd Jun 2012 1:28pm
Just tried them but the peeps I need to speak to aren't there till 5pm I'll try again then cheers for your help.
Posted By: futurepast Re: lost pigeon - 3rd Jun 2012 1:36pm
Just had a look at both wings no sign of any stamping on them,I will try the legion again later unless some one can trace the number for me,thanks again for the advice.
Posted By: Maisie Re: lost pigeon - 3rd Jun 2012 1:36pm
Let us know late how you get on with the pigeon.
Posted By: futurepast Re: lost pigeon - 3rd Jun 2012 8:57pm
Looks like I'm stuck with the bird till tomorrow unless someone has a pigeon loft to put it in?
Posted By: DavidB Re: lost pigeon - 3rd Jun 2012 10:38pm
I checked the codes on google, and it looks like it was born in 2004. Not that that helps.
Posted By: futurepast Re: lost pigeon - 4th Jun 2012 12:15pm
Fed and watered the pigeon and let her go this afternoon she flew up to the roof,enjoyed a bit of the afternoon sun whilst pruning and flew off with a spring in her wings,mission accomplished.
Posted By: Tilly Re: lost pigeon - 4th Jun 2012 12:33pm
That's brilliant smile well done you x
Posted By: Tilly Re: lost pigeon - 4th Jun 2012 3:52pm
Hahahaa and I rest mine. I agree the owner of the 'Dorkie' is being very irresponsibe and not even wanting a certain breed to mate his dog to, as long as it's small and nice temperament, any old thing will do, just to throw in more health issues. Poor dog is all I can say.
Suspend me if you want but hey!!! I ain't gonna lose any sleep over that.

Tut tut Tilly xxx
Posted By: bert1 Re: lost pigeon - 4th Jun 2012 3:56pm
He never mentioned mating it with a pigeon wink
Posted By: eggandchips Re: lost pigeon - 4th Jun 2012 4:07pm
nowt wrong with mongrels tilly,
its the kennel club and crufts brigade, that have caused the problems a lot of breeds suffer with.
although i do take your point about the dogs in the pound etc.
Posted By: Tilly Re: lost pigeon - 4th Jun 2012 4:33pm
Originally Posted by bert1
He never mentioned mating it with a pigeon wink

Ooops wrong thread sorry mate for high jacking it lol it wasn't inentuonal. I'm in the park with my dogs and clicked on the wrong post. I'll correct it when I get home :0)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral