Forums
Posted By: Sallybear Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 2:12pm
OK, now not sure where to put this but does anyone have any ideas. There is a Pigeon in the warehouse of the company where I work. It's been in here for a good few days, won't fly out despite roller shutters being left fully open each day, the guys have tried to give it a fright to fly out but it is staying.

We have been in touch with RSPCA but becuase of the height of the warehouse they don't have the equipment to get it out.

Please PLEASE can someone suggest something.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 2:24pm
Have you tried throwing some bread down and gradually
Throw some towards the outside of the building.
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 2:37pm
Do you know anyone with an air rifle, it's the only way to make it doesn't come back
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 2:37pm
We very effectivly get them out using a laser pen/pointer.
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 2:40pm
shoot it,their pests anyway!!!!
Posted By: paulieg Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 3:04pm
When we get them in place of work. They are generally shot. Find someone who is a dab hand with an air rifle
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 3:17pm
Why does everthing involve killing things no
Posted By: Tilly Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 3:40pm
Why not go the whole hog and find the ... that shot the baby swans!!!!!
it's a living, breathing, thing for gods sake, and deserves a life..

Posted By: Kev30x Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 4:23pm
Big hard people wanting the pigeon shot dead! Fkn losers!! you will have no luck and rightly so!!! Scumbags!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 4:25pm
Originally Posted by Tilly
Why not go the whole hog and find the ... that shot the baby swans!!!!!
it's a living, breathing, thing for gods sake, and deserves a life..

Fazakerley !!
Posted By: Lightning Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 4:45pm
He wasnt from pigeon cards by the way???? maybe delivering a Birthday card for someone raftl
hope he got out safely anyway.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 4:57pm
Hope the little bugger gets out safe
Bless frown
Poor thing
Some people are very heartless!
Posted By: Lightning Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 4:59pm
Originally Posted by Sarah_ZR
Hope the little bugger gets out safe
Bless frown
Poor thing
Some people are very heartless!
The little bugger raftl yes he got flea as well.
who fancy pigeon pie
Posted By: paulieg Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 5:49pm
Originally Posted by paulieg
When we get them in place of work. They are generally shot. Find someone who is a dab hand with an air rifle
I work in a food factory and for obvious reasons its the easiest and safeist way to get rid of them and the roof is 40ft high so getting up there isnt an option really. It isnt the nicest thing to happen I agree.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 6:07pm
Personally I wish I had access to the air rifle I used as a kid, would get it shot in one go, and the poor thing wouldn't be stressed. It has been right by the door and it just doesn't ant to leave for some reason.

But I don't want to see a wild animal die, even if it is a common pigeon.

Wish someone would just come and catch it for us, have tried a few things but nothing working.
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 6:35pm
Originally Posted by Kevinx
Big hard people wanting the pigeon shot dead! Fkn losers!! you will have no luck and rightly so!!! Scumbags!!!
why are we losers for saying shoot it?these things are pests and they set alarms off in places!!!why dont you be the hero of the day and go and catch it!!!only one loser here and that aint the people saying shoot it!!!!
Posted By: HcneB Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 7:13pm
Some people are so heartless, thinking they have the right to kill something because they view it as an annoyance. .
Cruelty to animals is not fair. Why do you get the right to chose if something lives or dies.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 7:23pm
Originally Posted by pokerchamp
Originally Posted by Kevinx
why are we losers for saying shoot it?these things are pests and they set alarms off in places!!!why dont you be the hero of the day and go and catch it!!!only one loser here and that aint the people saying shoot it!!!!

your all losers, that suggest shooting the bird.
maybe we should use you for target practice with a pellet gun, see how you like it eh!
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 7:46pm
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 7:48pm
I dislike seeing trapped birds. Saw one on a recent u.e and felt awful leaving it but there was nothing i could do but hope it found its way out via whatever way it came in. frown
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 7:50pm
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 7:55pm
Now now there chaps, be friendly smile

learn personal insults shall not be tolerated.
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 7:56pm
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 8:01pm
ahahaha ok were officially not speaking!pathetic vermin,now you figure out if thats you or the pigeon!!!
Posted By: dave_h Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 8:03pm
getting hot in here! handbag theres 2 perfectly reasonable approaches here and i think both with good intentions, at the end of the day its advice thats being given, people have taken the time and effort to reply
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 8:07pm
Two blokes arguing over a bird. Nothing new there then!
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 8:08pm
if anybody watched that programme last night"dirty britain"they will have seen the chaos these creatures cause and even the authorities sent people in to shoot them because they are such massive pests!!and if that deserves to be insulted like i have then so be it,but that still doesn't change my opinion on what you should do with them!!
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 8:09pm
Originally Posted by yewgarth
hahaha he's not worth the argument!!
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 8:10pm
Originally Posted by yewgarth

Haha Brilliant mate! nearly spat me Coffee over me lappy then! ha laugh
Posted By: Mark Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 9:17pm
wikiopinion

Please bare in mind when posting to show some sensitivity as this forum is about pets and the welfare of animals. Were allowed an opinions within the context of the forum this subject runs under.

Thank You Admin
Posted By: cmw2a Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 23rd May 2012 10:37pm
why doesn't someone contact a pigeon fanciers club? we had a similar incident recently and it turned out to be a young racing pigeon on it's way home from it's first race. It had been attacked by a cat and later died. But, it had a ring on and the pigeon fanciers club have a website where you can report found birds. Can you see if it has a ring on it's leg? I've just looked up this site: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100510012026AAHrugW
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 24th May 2012 6:25am
Thanks cmw2a appreciate the advice, I will pass on that site to my boss today.

Posted By: TommyO Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 24th May 2012 7:06am
It probably is a lost/tired racing pidgeon if its on its own.
Generally if it looks like its in good condition its likely to be one and will probably go when its got its strength back.

I used to feed mine dry corn/seeds but never bread.
Posted By: Satforce Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 24th May 2012 3:08pm
From many past callouts locally these are usually birds that have taken shelter because they have been attacked by a bird of prey or a cat.
Of the 70+ Pigeons that where Culled last week no Racers where taken, I can spot racers as they are very differnt from Feral pigeons.

If you are still hving problems with this Bird place some bread outside the roller door to attact other birds, this will have chill the bird out and intice it out.

Failing that we can Humainly disbatch the Bird.

Regards,
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 24th May 2012 4:56pm
Originally Posted by Satforce
From many past callouts locally these are usually birds that have taken shelter because they have been attacked by a bird of prey or a cat.
Of the 70+ Pigeons that where Culled last week no Racers where taken, I can spot racers as they are very differnt from Feral pigeons.

If you are still hving problems with this Bird place some bread outside the roller door to attact other birds, this will have chill the bird out and intice it out.

Failing that we can Humainly disbatch the Bird.

Regards,

It looks like a wood pigeon rather than a normal small grey one. Bread has been put out, water but it won't come down from the racking. It's very high and very noisy in the day time, I think it's really sad now because it's been there now for four days almost.

I think we really need to do something soon.
Posted By: Lightning Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 24th May 2012 5:07pm
Sally call this advice line might put you in touch with someone.
Birds and wildlife.01767693690.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 26th May 2012 11:03am
what happened in the end with the pigeon, was it ok?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Pigeon Trapped in Warehouse - 26th May 2012 1:32pm
Originally Posted by dave_h
what happened in the end with the pigeon, was it ok?

withthat

Our garage is like a warehouse with massive cieling about 50 feet high, when the pigeon crew come in we use water.

Soak them using a spray bottle and the little crettins soon scarper.

Before Any of the "save the pigeon brigade" kick off, our pigeons are well fed and looked after by the lads down the yard, they help us by eating our scraps so the bins don't stink the garages out, at the same time they are being fed.

Nice pigeon, coo coo smirk
© Wirral-Wikiwirral