Forums
Posted By: xxwildspiritxx Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 13th Mar 2012 9:41am
Just seen a beautiful Bengal cat in poulton road, wallasey, it crossed a busy road rather hestitantly by the flyover near to where roofcare is. I dropped my daughter off and some 15mins later come back and it was under a white van.

I stopped and went over but it come back across road and went into some ones back garden, as my 3 dogs were going nuts in the car watching me there was nothing more i could do, i hope it finds its way back home. It was definately a full breed Bengal, and i could tell it had no clue about the road as i had to stop while it crossed in front of me.

Carol.
Posted By: dawnmo234 Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 13th Mar 2012 10:27am
Carol someone had a lost bengal cat on here a few weeks ago- could be last month - trying to find thread
Posted By: dawnmo234 Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 13th Mar 2012 10:30am
In fact - birkenhead vets have got a poster of it up on inside window
Posted By: xxwildspiritxx Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 13th Mar 2012 10:32am
Oh dear Dawn, i`ll have a look through the threads now, thanks for that, it did have a collar on, like a purpley colour, but i could tell it had no idea about the road etc
Posted By: julie253 Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 13th Mar 2012 10:39am
I thought there was one lost in Wallasey too and also one in Bebington. Hope it is one of them and is reunited with its owners. They must be frantic
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 13th Mar 2012 1:13pm
Which colour was it? A dark brown, a lighter sandy brown or a creamy colour?
Did you see it well enough?
Posted By: slinky4 Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 13th Mar 2012 3:31pm
was it chocolate brown colour,was it definately a bengal?,theres a burmese cat missing from the willoughby rd area thats not far????
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 13th Mar 2012 3:51pm
Awww frown
Posted By: christinemc Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 13th Mar 2012 3:56pm
is there any chance it was a chocolate burmese? (basically an allover chocolate colour with a slightly darker shad on the face-and a cappucino colour tummy) you can see his picture on the RSPCA website (his name is pumpkin), he has been missing since Sunday-from the Marlowe Road area and we are absolutely distraught and desperate for any information???
Posted By: Lightning Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 13th Mar 2012 3:56pm
Maybe the cat might not be missing? Its a case that there maybe a female in heat.
Male cats have known to wonder far at this time of year.
my ginger cat that i had went missing for weeks and he would allways come back.
Posted By: christinemc Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 13th Mar 2012 3:59pm
he is neutered, so searching for a female is unlikely, and he never goes far, and always comes straight away when called
Posted By: Lightning Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 13th Mar 2012 4:04pm
Originally Posted by christinemc
he is neutered, so searching for a female is unlikely, and he never goes far, and always comes straight away when called
best to call round all the vets in the area put a notice up in your local post office and lamposts.or rspca hun.
Is he microchipped?
have you got a pic of him you can put up on here ?
Posted By: christinemc Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 13th Mar 2012 4:12pm
done all that, only just registered on this website (in response to a phone call from a lady who had seen my cat's picture on the RSPCA website, and then read the posts about the missing bengal possibly spotted in the same area, she wondered if it had perhaps been a Burmese and not a Bengal. My cat is microchipped. There are posters on lamposts all around my area, will be putting more up tonight. We even went out for a walk in the middle of the noght last night, to ensure he could hear us calling him/we could hear him, whilst it was quiet, haven't worked out how to upload a picture yet!!!
Posted By: Lightning Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 13th Mar 2012 4:16pm
Aw hun i hope you get him back i would be out of my mind as well if mine went missing.
Am in Rock ferry so i wouldn t be any good as wrong area.
keep us updated though. you could try pming Tilly she might be able to help as well.
I am on another annimal site as well so i will put a help post up for you as well.xx
Posted By: christinemc Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 13th Mar 2012 4:19pm
thanks very much
Posted By: xxwildspiritxx Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 13th Mar 2012 8:11pm
Sorry guys, only just had chance to reply now. Sorry Christine this was definately a Bengal, i just seen the photo of your cat on another thread and it wasnt that colour.
This cat looked had a silver background colour and then quite large round patches of like a browny/creamy colour on its body. It had a purple coloured collar on, and on my return, it was under the white van by the engine. When i went to approach it, it was hesitant but i managed to get it to go into a back garden so hopefully it has gone home. It certainly didnt look like a cat that was used to being outside.
Christine really hope you find your boy, and hopefully someone may of took him in, and i will certainly keep my eyes/ears open for him, my daughter works in grooming salon in poulton road so i will tell her as well.

Carol.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 13th Mar 2012 8:49pm
Good luck Christine smile
Posted By: Lightning Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 14th Mar 2012 8:24pm
Any uodate on this?
Posted By: christinemc Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 15th Mar 2012 12:41pm
yes, my baby is back home thanks, a lady saw him in her back garden on Sunday then saw one of our posters whilst walking her dog, and rang. went striaght round to where she was (about 1/2 mile away), called him (very loudly) walking up and down and he came running to our voices. Never been so happy to see something in all my life! He seems a bit shaken by his experience, but is home, hungry and purring contentedly, if I could purr I would be too!!!!!
Posted By: sarah100 Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 20th Mar 2012 7:04pm
Hi Carol,
I'm the person who has lost the Bengal cat from Bebington. Someone else had told me they saw a bengal around that area but I haven't been able to find it, despite looking for hours! I did put leaflets around the area (which might be why people think there is a bengal missing from Wallasey too!)

My bengal is a male, neutered, brown cat. My cat was a house cat that accidently got out on the front so he wouldn't be streetwise.

Where exactly did you see it? What time of day did you see it?

If you see it again would you be able to take a picture of it please?

Sorry for all the questions!!!

thanks very much for posting

Sarah
0773 882 4550
xx
Posted By: xxwildspiritxx Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 20th Mar 2012 7:57pm
Hi Sarah,

I drop my daughter off every mon & tues, she works in a grooming salon in poulton road, on tues 13th, i had too stop in the middle of the road as this cat was just stood there and you could tell it had no idea of roads. I waited until it had crossed and it went under a car, then on the way back it was under a white van which was next to the car.
I pulled over and went over to the van, but as i had my three dogs in the car, they were barking and the cat heard them and it got nervous and ran back across the road and into a garden, i followed it but it then ran into the back garden.
I have to say it was absolutely stunning and it had a collar on but definately wasnt street wise.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/catbreed/bengal.htm

If you scroll down the above link to the Silver spotted Bengal Kitten, it was kind of them markings.
Really wish you all the luck Sarah, i couldnt imagine how it must feel to lose one of your pets.
Best Wishes
Carol xx
Posted By: sarah100 Re: Bengal cat with collar on in wallasey - 20th Mar 2012 11:27pm

He does have similar markings to that cat but he is brown -like Wu Jen on the website you posted.

There are a couple of photos of my cat on
http://rspcawirral.piczo.com/?g=52863797&cr=5

It sounds like the cat you saw was a silver bengal and wouldn't be mine?

Someone else thought they saw a brown bengal around rostherne which is very near to poulton road.

It's really hard not knowing what has happened to him - I won't ever stop looking for him!

thanks for your help

p.s. There is a cash reward for his safe return!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral