Forums
Posted By: pitterpat german shepherd dog found - 31st Dec 2011 3:13pm
Does anybody know of any web sites on which i can post a picture of a dog we've just found in Liverpool? I'm hoping someone may have lost him and be looking for him as he's a lovely boy. We're sitting near a main road waiting for dog warden to pick him up as unfortunately we can't take him home (i have 3 dogs of my own).
Posted By: lansyp Re: german shepherd dog found - 31st Dec 2011 3:26pm
Get in touch with tilly on here she will be able help
Posted By: pitterpat Re: german shepherd dog found - 31st Dec 2011 4:11pm
Still no sign of dog warden - been sitting under a railway bridge on Little Howard Street in Liverpool for about an hour and a half and its getting dark. We won't be able to stay here much longer and can't take the poor dog home. Really regretting stopping to catch him now
Posted By: madrob Re: german shepherd dog found - 31st Dec 2011 6:51pm
wot did you do with the dog i would of taken care of it till next week as i have a german shepherd i no how to care for them
Posted By: Tilly Re: german shepherd dog found - 31st Dec 2011 7:31pm
Contact www.doglost.co.uk

Or ring Jan on number 07809722509 she is dog lost coordinator for Liverpool and North West tell her Karen Mills gave you her number
GOOD LUCK
Posted By: Tilly Re: german shepherd dog found - 31st Dec 2011 7:53pm
List of reported German sheps in NW
http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_search.php?status=Lost
Posted By: pitterpat Re: german shepherd dog found - 31st Dec 2011 9:13pm
We ended up taken the dog to Walton Lane Police Station and were met there at about 5:00 o'clock by the dog warden. Think he has either broken loose from one of the yards round Great Howard Street or apparently there is a gypsy site on Oil Road (don't know where that is) which he may have come from. Dog warden said they will keep him for about a week and if not claimed the police are looking for a young dog to train with possibility of becoming police dog which he may be suitable for. We have his reference number to call in couple of days to see how he is.
Posted By: reddragon Re: german shepherd dog found - 31st Dec 2011 9:59pm
well at least the dogs gonna be ok and not roaminmg the streets well done pitterpat
Posted By: kevinhit Re: german shepherd dog found - 31st Dec 2011 10:16pm
Originally Posted by reddragon
well at least the dogs gonna be ok and not roaminmg the streets well done pitterpat

Yes, I re-homed a german shepherd with the police some years ago, he passed all the tests and training and led quite a full life with the police and did very well.
Posted By: pitterpat Re: german shepherd dog found - 1st Jan 2012 3:40pm
I hope he has got a nice owner who collects him soon or that he does get a chance to be a police dog and gets well looked after as he was a lovely boy. Would have loved to have kept him myself but already have a 16 year old heinze 57 whose going deaf and blind and I don't think she would have coped with a new big dog coming into the house. We've also got an 11 year old border terrier who has a bit of small dog complex and a 10 year old german shepherd so no room or funds for another dog and with mine all getting on a bit in years it would have been too unsettling for them. Can't stop thinking about him though.
Posted By: Tilly Re: german shepherd dog found - 1st Jan 2012 7:54pm
was it definatly a Male? I know of a female missing in Liverpool..

could you register the dog here please.

http://www.doglost.co.uk/add_dog.php?status=Found

The dog Wardens dont always do it.
Posted By: reddragon Re: german shepherd dog found - 1st Jan 2012 7:55pm
well at least your able to follow up either thru the police or the dog warden as to how the dog is pitterpat
Posted By: Tilly Re: german shepherd dog found - 2nd Jan 2012 12:23pm
What a handsome boy he is too...

Doglost; German Shepherd
Posted By: kevinhit Re: german shepherd dog found - 2nd Jan 2012 9:52pm

Dont worry Pitterpat, you did a good thing in looking after the dog whilst waiting for the dog warden, alot of people would have not gone to all that trouble. He will get a good home, he looks like a nice dog. When our German Shepherd went with the police, the kennels in Mather Avenue are heated and the dogs are really well looked after. We got a lovely picture of our dog on his passing out day with his policeman.....

hquote=pitterpat]I hope he has got a nice owner who collects him soon or that he does get a chance to be a police dog and gets well looked after as he was a lovely boy. Would have loved to have kept him myself but already have a 16 year old heinze 57 whose going deaf and blind and I don't think she would have coped with a new big dog coming into the house. We've also got an 11 year old border terrier who has a bit of small dog complex and a 10 year old german shepherd so no room or funds for another dog and with mine all getting on a bit in years it would have been too unsettling for them. Can't stop thinking about him though.[/quote]
Posted By: pitterpat Re: german shepherd dog found - 4th Jan 2012 5:29pm
We phoned the rspca kennels today to find out how the dog is. His owners have not yet come forward but someone has put their name down as being interested in him. They didn't mention anything about him being a police dog. They said he is fine and being a good boy. Bless him.
Posted By: kevinhit Re: german shepherd dog found - 5th Jan 2012 9:05pm

It sounds like a bit of good news for the dog, hope he settles somewhere nice. Hope you keep us all updated about him.

Posted By: Tilly Re: german shepherd dog found - 7th Jan 2012 5:49pm
No one has come forward to claim this boy. His 7 days are up now.
Although people have shown interest he has no reserve on him.
If you would like to adopt him contact Halewood RSPCA in Liverpool.
There will be a home check done.
[Linked Image]

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=35860
Posted By: kevinhit Re: german shepherd dog found - 7th Jan 2012 5:59pm
Tilly, do you know what the dogs temperament is like? Weve got a lab, hes lovely - wondering if he is suitable? Do you have any info atall?
Posted By: Tilly Re: german shepherd dog found - 7th Jan 2012 6:03pm
Originally Posted by kevinhit
Tilly, do you know what the dogs temperament is like? Weve got a lab, hes lovely - wondering if he is suitable? Do you have any info atall?

You would have to ring the RSPCA Kevin and ask the staff there, and they also like you to take your
Dog with you for a meeting to see how they get on.
Posted By: kevinhit Re: german shepherd dog found - 7th Jan 2012 6:13pm
Thanks Tilly, it looks like they havent got him featured yet on their website but Im going to give them a ring on Monday. He looks like a lovely dog. My dog is daft as a brush fingers crossed!
Posted By: Tilly Re: german shepherd dog found - 7th Jan 2012 6:49pm
Thanks Tilly, it looks like they havent got him featured yet on their website but Im going to give them a ring on Monday. He looks like a lovely dog. My dog is daft as a brush fingers crossed!

Yeh fingers crossed for you. Apparently he's been very well looked after, his coat is lovely.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: kevinhit Re: german shepherd dog found - 7th Jan 2012 10:22pm
Yep he looks like a cracking dog, I think there open tomorrow might take a trip over there. Thanks for the pic Tilly.
Posted By: kevinhit Re: german shepherd dog found - 9th Jan 2012 5:08pm
Yep he looks like a cracking dog, I think there open tomorrow might take a trip over there. Thanks for the pic Tilly.

We went over on Sunday to have a look, he is a great handsome dog. They were all barking except for him. He almost looked like he was waiting for someone. We were introduced to him outside of his kennel (inside the centre) and to say he is gentle is an understatement. My only concern for us was his size as we already have a large lab. On reflection and after much thought we realised we dont have enough space, were both gutted.

He will make a lovely companion for someone even if you have a small dog or children, not sure about a cat though. If anyone is seriously interested in giving him a home, he is well worth it, he is in Halewood RSPCA and is number 72. Hopefully soon he will be more than a number and have a name and a home.
Posted By: madrob Re: german shepherd dog found - 9th Jan 2012 7:44pm
i have a german shepherd who lives with my black lab and are fat cat they get on very well so dont worry to much heres pic of are german

Attached picture 016.jpg
Attached picture 066.JPG
Posted By: madrob Re: german shepherd dog found - 9th Jan 2012 7:50pm
heres pic of all three german shepherd black lad and fat cat

Attached picture 066.JPG
Posted By: kevinhit Re: german shepherd dog found - 10th Jan 2012 12:04am
Aw they look like a happy bunch!!
Posted By: LisaW Re: german shepherd dog found - 10th Jan 2012 3:26am
Originally Posted by madrob
heres pic of all three german shepherd black lad and fat cat

Ahhh that's a lovely photo smile
Posted By: kevinhit Re: german shepherd dog found - 18th Jan 2012 10:09pm
Originally Posted by Tilly

Yeh fingers crossed for you. Apparently he's been very well looked after, his coat is lovely.
[Linked Image]

Just had a look at the website again and it looks like this lovely dog has been reserved! Theyve named him Simba. Happy Ending for this chap I hope. Whoever has reserved him will not be disappointed.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral