Forums
Posted By: starakita new dog - 22nd Sep 2011 1:19pm
for all my sins im now the owner of another akita just picked her up from the council kennels.she's been there 6 months so ive got some work to do with her
Posted By: polo_phil Re: new dog - 22nd Sep 2011 1:21pm
Pic smile
Posted By: Tombraider Re: new dog - 22nd Sep 2011 1:21pm
Aw thats nice Starkita well done.
Put some pics off your new addition to the Family hun xx
Posted By: polo_phil Re: new dog - 22nd Sep 2011 1:26pm
One of my neighbours has a white Akita... It's always looking over the fence at me happy
Posted By: Tombraider Re: new dog - 22nd Sep 2011 1:29pm
I know someone who owns one and he is soft as anything,wouldnt hurt anyone, love akitas to bits!
Posted By: Moonstar Re: new dog - 22nd Sep 2011 1:30pm
Quite a handful I should imagine. I didn't know they kept dogs that long at the Council kennels. Is it something to do with the volunteer group?
Posted By: tedmus Re: new dog - 22nd Sep 2011 1:37pm
Lovely, any pics? smile

We're in the process of introducing our dog to a bitch in rescue over the water, she seems like she might have issues with other dogs getting in her space so not sure how it's going to go, taking him over again on Saturday.
Posted By: starakita Re: new dog - 22nd Sep 2011 1:56pm
japanese akita welfare they were looking for someone with experience of the breed.Too many chavs wanted her,fobck had a stall at the transport thing in the park thats were I found out about her thers a pic of her on their fb page,she was called wanda but ive changed her name to Misty.got no pics myself yet only just picked her up & she's nosing round.Never thought Id get another akita after my last one but if this one hadn't found a home soon she would of been put to sleep.
Posted By: AlexB Re: new dog - 22nd Sep 2011 2:12pm
[Linked Image]

I want him but I wouldn't ever want him to grow up!
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: new dog - 22nd Sep 2011 2:28pm
Awwwwwwwww beautifull bear smile
Posted By: starakita Re: new dog - 22nd Sep 2011 3:47pm
Originally Posted by AlexB
[Linked Image]

I want him but I wouldn't ever want him to grow up!
theyre just as beautiful when there grown up.a few people thought my 1st akita was a baby when she was 9
Posted By: Tilly Re: new dog - 23rd Sep 2011 10:56pm
Originally Posted by starakita
for all my sins im now the owner of another akita just picked her up from the council kennels.she's been there 6 months so ive got some work to do with her

grin awwww the Lovely Wanda. Thats brilliant news, I never thought she would get out of there, she is such a beautiful natured dog. I'm so pleased for you her. thumbsup
Posted By: TheDr Re: new dog - 23rd Sep 2011 11:29pm
Originally Posted by Tilly

grin awwww the Lovely Wanda. Thats brilliant news, I never thought she would get out of there, she is such a beautiful natured dog. I'm so pleased for you her. thumbsup

I have seen Wanda many times when I have been there, she is a beautiful dog and it is only through sheer willpower that I didn't take her home with me.

I'm glad that she has found herself a new home laugh
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: new dog - 23rd Sep 2011 11:32pm
Why has that dog not been rehomed for 6 months?
Posted By: TheDr Re: new dog - 23rd Sep 2011 11:37pm
Misty aka Wanda

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Vanmanone Re: new dog - 24th Sep 2011 12:12am
She`s cute
Posted By: poodlepup Re: new dog - 24th Sep 2011 1:34am

Six months!well done you for taking her home x
Posted By: Snickas Re: new dog - 24th Sep 2011 8:40am
[Linked Image] I hope shes very happy in her new home smile

I can't believe how reknown she is by other members and that she was in the pound for 6mths frown
She looks absolutely stunning in the pic Doc posted up.
Posted By: daveoffshore Re: new dog - 24th Sep 2011 10:15am
Well done and good luck - absolute stunning dog

My first Jack Russell "Sherri" was from the rescue home ran by the blind lady in Tranmere many years ago - "Sherri" was with my wife and I for 16 plus years. Our present dog "Ruffles" was from a rescue home in Manchester at the age of 8 weeks! he is on the "Pets Page"

Can't understand how people can do it.

How about a doggie get together sometime?
Posted By: sparky Re: new dog - 25th Sep 2011 2:34pm
Your dog is so cute
Posted By: Tombraider Re: new dog - 25th Sep 2011 2:36pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
Misty aka Wanda

[Linked Image]

Aw she is so nice!
Posted By: starakita Re: new dog - 25th Sep 2011 2:56pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Why has that dog not been rehomed for 6 months?
the right person never came along
Posted By: Tombraider Re: new dog - 25th Sep 2011 2:57pm
How is she settling in Starkita?
Posted By: starakita Re: new dog - 25th Sep 2011 2:58pm
Misty aka Wanda

[Linked Image]

thanks for putting her pic up got to get round to getting some pics of her
Posted By: starakita Re: new dog - 25th Sep 2011 3:02pm
Originally Posted by Tombraider
she's doing well not so keen on other dogs at the moment but our other one was like that at first judging on that behaviour we'd say she's about two years old
Posted By: Tombraider Re: new dog - 25th Sep 2011 3:04pm
Well done hun for taking her on i hope it all works out for you all.Id love to foster again,but can only do animals like guinea pigs and rabbits.
you are so good to give her a steady home xx
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: new dog - 28th Sep 2011 6:42am
she's doing well not so keen on other dogs at the moment but our other one was like that at first judging on that behaviour we'd say she's about two years old
What your other one like with other dogs is he/she ok its just that ive heard from other Akita owners,they dont like other dogs when they mature ... mines great with other dogs`hes still only young 15 months and would hate to have put him on a leash
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: new dog - 28th Sep 2011 8:29am
[quote=daveoffshore]Well done and good luck - absolute stunning dog

/quote]

Yes I agree with Dave and others, your dog is stunning.

Please update on Wiki how you get on with training
Posted By: starakita Re: new dog - 28th Sep 2011 1:28pm
Originally Posted by Vanmanone
What your other one like with other dogs is he/she ok its just that ive heard from other Akita owners,they dont like other dogs when they mature ... mines great with other dogs`hes still only young 15 months and would hate to have put him on a leash
akitas mature when they are about 2 years old our other akita Amber used to give a warning if she didn't want to be bothered,for safety tho we didn't like doing it we used to muzzle her.As she got older most dogs seemed to leave her alone but I would let her off the lead if there were no other dogs about akitas seem to tire themselves out after 20 mins then carry on walking on the lead.Can't let misty off yet tho she could do with a good run to tire her out its hard for her because she has been in kennels so long so its exciting for her got to get her a training lead because she needs to learn recall which is important because misty is heavier & stronger than Amber but she was good on the lead & didn't pull.
Posted By: xxwildspiritxx Re: new dog - 29th Sep 2011 1:42pm
My daughter & i have six akitas at home, with two mini dachshunds and one australian shepherd. We have owned akitas now for 23years, we show and both judge at championship level.

Starakita, thats great what you`ve done for Misty aka Wanda, so pleased she has found a great home with you. I was reading this thread out to my daughter and she said she had been told about the akita in the kennels, but i had no idea she was there.
Anyway glad its all worked out for her, ours are daft as brushes lol, especially the big red/white male we have called Bentley, my daughter was trying to clean his ears earlier on and he was rolling on his back using his front paws to cover his ears so she couldnt get to them. She was laughing to much to carry on haha, anyway take care xx
Posted By: starakita Re: new dog - 29th Sep 2011 9:12pm
Originally Posted by xxwildspiritxx
My daughter & i have six akitas at home, with two mini dachshunds and one australian shepherd. We have owned akitas now for 23years, we show and both judge at championship level.

Starakita, thats great what you`ve done for Misty aka Wanda, so pleased she has found a great home with you. I was reading this thread out to my daughter and she said she had been told about the akita in the kennels, but i had no idea she was there.we used to show our other akita Amber but she would always drop her tail she did get best puppy in group at her first show. we did the local ones at woodchurch Blackpool twice & one in Manchester.we lost Amber 2 years ago aged 12 I was devasted but when I met Misty I knew the time was right.
Anyway glad its all worked out for her, ours are daft as brushes lol, especially the big red/white male we have called Bentley, my daughter was trying to clean his ears earlier on and he was rolling on his back using his front paws to cover his ears so she couldnt get to them. She was laughing to much to carry on haha, anyway take care xx
Posted By: starakita Re: new dog - 29th Oct 2011 10:26pm
Just thought Id give an update on our new dog Misty. she's settled in well in the 5 weeks since we got her.Still getting her used to other dogs but she is settling down a bit when we go out,meeting up with people I used to see when I had our Amber catching up on the gossip.she's been to the beach but we go when its quiet so she can be let off the lead & have a run she does come back cos she gets bits of liver & she does'nt mind the water unlike Amber She'd climb on the rocks so she didn't get wet.Still got to get her out of the thieving habit,training the family not to leave food lying round so there's no temptation.
Posted By: Tombraider Re: new dog - 29th Oct 2011 10:29pm
Aw thanks for the update Starkita.You are doing a good job there hun.
Any more pics?
Posted By: starakita Re: new dog - 29th Oct 2011 10:37pm
Aw thanks for the update Starkita.You are doing a good job there hun.
Any more pics?
tried putting one on but it needs resizing not sure how to do it but she's got her own fb page misty akita some pics on there
Posted By: Tombraider Re: new dog - 29th Oct 2011 10:44pm
Okay i will have a look,
Glad she has settled in well.
Probally be like her owner who is nice!
Posted By: starakita Re: new dog - 22nd Sep 2012 9:39am
Misty aka Wanda

[Linked Image]

thanks for putting her pic up got to get round to getting some pics of her
can't believe Ive had this girl for a year today she's going to get spoiled today
Posted By: Tilly Re: new dog - 22nd Sep 2012 10:28am
Happy gotcha day Misty xx
Posted By: starakita Re: new dog - 22nd Sep 2012 8:02pm
thanks Tilly went back to the transport festival today & met a lady who's got an akita & Misty used to play with hers .Found out she belonged to a lad who had obviously trained her & spayed her but he owed 3months rent on his flat so he did a bunk & he let Misty go,so she did come from Oxton.
Posted By: Tilly Re: new dog - 22nd Sep 2012 8:49pm
oh wow, it's great to find out the background of a rescue dog, it doesn't happen very often. i expect he would be made up to know she has a really good home then. smile have you seen the other Akita in the pound?
Posted By: starakita Re: new dog - 22nd Sep 2012 9:22pm
Yes we went to look at her a week last Friday,weve filled a form out but we need to take Misty down to see how they get on we didnt have a chance last week so hoping to go this week.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral