Forums
Posted By: paxvobiscum Rainbow Bridge - 27th Aug 2011 10:43pm
Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals that had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands caress the beloved head and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together......

Author unknown.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Rainbow Bridge - 28th Aug 2011 12:03am
I would imagine the author is unknown because no one would want to attach their name to this sappy junk.
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: Rainbow Bridge - 28th Aug 2011 12:24am
ex0_
You do make me laugh.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Rainbow Bridge - 28th Aug 2011 12:45am
Loveley, Paxo.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Rainbow Bridge - 28th Aug 2011 6:48am
Could be a bit of a problem is you have had many varied pets!
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Rainbow Bridge - 28th Aug 2011 8:40am
Originally Posted by ex0__
I would imagine the author is unknown because no one would want to attach their name to this sappy junk.
THANKS, that was a nice poem, its a pity! some people have shallow minds!.or don,t experience the loss of a pet!.
Posted By: movingtables Re: Rainbow Bridge - 28th Aug 2011 8:41am
i thought that was very nice smile
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Rainbow Bridge - 28th Aug 2011 8:43am
Originally Posted by paxvobiscum
Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals that had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands caress the beloved head and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together......

Author unknown.
THANKS, that was a nice poem, take no notice of other people, again thanks for sharing this with us.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Rainbow Bridge - 28th Aug 2011 8:57am
Very nice Paxvobiscum,thanks for posting,only someone who has lost a dear pet could truly appreciate it.I like your name by the way ( and also with you ).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rainbow Bridge - 28th Aug 2011 9:44am
Thanks Paxo. Just makes you sit back and think - and be thankful for what we've got.
Posted By: starakita Re: Rainbow Bridge - 28th Aug 2011 10:39am
thats a nice poem ive lost 2 pets in the last 2 years so can appreciate it.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Rainbow Bridge - 28th Aug 2011 11:46am
Originally Posted by starakita
thats a nice poem ive lost 2 pets in the last 2 years so can appreciate it.

I was given it by a friend. Some may think it a tad sentimental but others like it so thought I would post it
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Rainbow Bridge - 28th Aug 2011 4:09pm
I don't want to sound too unsympathetic but once we [or Bonzo the dog] die then we become wormfood. Still, Rainbow Bridge does sound like a nice LSD-inspired fantasy.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Rainbow Bridge - 28th Aug 2011 4:14pm
Originally Posted by Touchstone
I don't want to sound too unsympathetic but once we [or Bonzo the dog] die then we become wormfood. Still, Rainbow Bridge does sound like a nice LSD-inspired fantasy.
There are many paths up the holy mountain Touchstone,if their beliefs give them comfort and they don't harm anyone that's ok by me.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Rainbow Bridge - 28th Aug 2011 6:05pm
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
There are many paths up the holy mountain Touchstone,if their beliefs give them comfort and they don't harm anyone that's ok by me.

Fair enough, if people want to believe this stuf then that's up to them. But a lot of Holy stuff has caused a lot of problems and harm in this world.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Rainbow Bridge - 28th Aug 2011 8:46pm
[quote=Touchstone]I don't want to sound too unsympathetic but once we [or Bonzo the dog] die then we become wormfood. quote]

I won't become wormfood as I have a prepaid funeral plan with instructions that my ashes are to be scattered from the Mersey Ferry, opposite St Nick's (Liverpool Parish Church Pierhead Liverpool)by The Mersey Mission to Seafarers.

Anyone else interested you can also get your undertaker to arrange for The Lifeboat crew on exercises to do similar at the Merseybar, where the Mersey and Irish Sea meet.
Posted By: carol Re: Rainbow Bridge - 29th Aug 2011 11:01am
Oh come on people. It was just a lovely fantasy piece of writing ...............!
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Rainbow Bridge - 29th Aug 2011 6:51pm
Don't rise to the bait - ignore him/her - s/he's just trolling again.

Back on topic, I am not religious at all but I personally know many people who take genuine comfort from this, when their pets die (often, following their own, very difficult decision to spare them from further suffering). Just because I don't believe in it, makes not one bit of difference!
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Rainbow Bridge - 29th Aug 2011 7:03pm
Originally Posted by CVCVCV
Don't rise to the bait - ignore him/her - s/he's just trolling again.

Back on topic, I am not religious at all but I personally know many people who take genuine comfort from this, when their pets die (often, following their own, very difficult decision to spare them from further suffering). Just because I don't believe in it, makes not one bit of difference!
Totally agree CV,isn't it a shame though that we can't legally show our loved ones the same end of life compassion that we may give to our pets i.e.to end their unnecessary suffering.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Rainbow Bridge - 29th Aug 2011 9:10pm
isn't it a shame though that we can't legally show our loved ones the same end of life compassion that we may give to our pets i.e.to end their unnecessary suffering.

Totally agree.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Rainbow Bridge - 29th Aug 2011 9:43pm
Totally agree CV,isn't it a shame though that we can't legally show our loved ones the same end of life compassion that we may give to our pets i.e.to end their unnecessary suffering.

You can. But you have to go to Dignitas in Switzerland unfortunately.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Rainbow Bridge - 29th Aug 2011 9:56pm
[quote=Touchstone]I don't want to sound too unsympathetic but once we [or Bonzo the dog] die then we become wormfood. quote]

I won't become wormfood as I have a prepaid funeral plan with instructions that my ashes are to be scattered from the Mersey Ferry, opposite St Nick's (Liverpool Parish Church Pierhead Liverpool)by The Mersey Mission to Seafarers.

Anyone else interested you can also get your undertaker to arrange for The Lifeboat crew on exercises to do similar at the Merseybar, where the Mersey and Irish Sea meet.

You can also have your ashes scattered from the Mersey Ferry. If the Captain is informed what is happening he will halt the boat and sound the horn as a mark of respect.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Rainbow Bridge - 30th Aug 2011 9:12am
You can also have your ashes scattered from the Mersey Ferry. If the Captain is informed what is happening he will halt the boat and sound the horn as a mark of respect.

Thanks Touchstone. It may be useful to someone on Forum.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Rainbow Bridge - 30th Aug 2011 9:22am

You can. But you have to go to Dignitas in Switzerland unfortunately.

That is expensive (about £10,000) and there is still a small, but diminishing, risk of someone assisting being prosecuted.
I have subscribed to the Peaceful Pill Handbook, published by Exit International, in order to make my own arrangements, if I should decide it necessary.
www.exitinternational.net/
Posted By: amaterasu Re: Rainbow Bridge - 30th Aug 2011 10:07pm
Thanks Pax for posting Rainbow Bridge, I have known this poem/piece of writing for a few years now and it has really helped to bring my younger children (and me) to terms with the death of a pet - they are after all a member of the family and my last dog was 21 when he died so he had been around since before my children were born and they had always known him frown
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Rainbow Bridge - 30th Aug 2011 10:31pm
Originally Posted by amaterasu
I have known this poem/piece of writing for a few years now and it has really helped to bring my younger children (and me) to terms with the death of a pet frown

Thanks amaterasu. I agree it does help.

When I was little I used to talk to my teddy bear. I knew it was not real, but it was a friend.

Not sure if dogs and cats have an afterlife. Book of Revelation mentions the Beasts around the Throne, so who knows?
Posted By: amaterasu Re: Rainbow Bridge - 30th Aug 2011 11:24pm
I have known this poem/piece of writing for a few years now and it has really helped to bring my younger children (and me) to terms with the death of a pet frown

Thanks amaterasu. I agree it does help.

When I was little I used to talk to my teddy bear. I knew it was not real, but it was a friend.

Not sure if dogs and cats have an afterlife. Book of Revelation mentions the Beasts around the Throne, so who knows?

I'm sure all souls have an afterlife Pax - I'm not religious at all but I'm pretty sure that we are on a wheel and we will meet other past souls whether they be human or not in future lives - not necessarily in the same order....I'm talking shite now ..well not cos it makes perfect sense to me lol
Posted By: Geekus Re: Rainbow Bridge - 30th Aug 2011 11:30pm
...easy for you to say Amaterasu, aren't you one of the immortals?!
Posted By: amaterasu Re: Rainbow Bridge - 30th Aug 2011 11:35pm
yes Geekus I am a lost boy laugh
Posted By: amaterasu Re: Rainbow Bridge - 30th Aug 2011 11:41pm
Geekus I will smile upon you laugh
Posted By: Geekus Re: Rainbow Bridge - 30th Aug 2011 11:42pm
...I'd have given my left eye to have been born immortal! raftl
Posted By: Snickas Re: Rainbow Bridge - 30th Aug 2011 11:47pm
"there can be only one"
Posted By: amaterasu Re: Rainbow Bridge - 31st Aug 2011 10:11pm
Ahh I see you have been doing your geeky research Geekus-san raftl
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Rainbow Bridge - 31st Aug 2011 10:14pm
Have you got any pets now Amaterasu?
Posted By: amaterasu Re: Rainbow Bridge - 31st Aug 2011 10:31pm
Originally Posted by Tombraider
Have you got any pets now Amaterasu?

I do indeed Tombraider, I have a dog and 2 cats ...the cats are bigger than the dog laugh and the cats rule the roost
Posted By: Geekus Re: Rainbow Bridge - 31st Aug 2011 10:35pm

google Lol! Amaterasu-chama
Posted By: amaterasu Re: Rainbow Bridge - 31st Aug 2011 10:40pm
Originally Posted by geekus

google Lol! Amaterasu-chama

Too funny raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral