Forums
Posted By: Little_B blackbird fallen from nest in my back garden - 30th May 2011 1:30pm
two quite large blackbird baby's have jumped out of there nest one has disappeared presume it flew away but the other is in my hedge and the parents can't find it i think any ideas what i should do if anything
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: blackbird fallen from nest in my back garden - 30th May 2011 1:39pm
Find the other one first. Stick em both in a pie. Gas Mark 6 for 50 mins serve with chips
Posted By: Anonymous Re: blackbird fallen from nest in my back garden - 30th May 2011 1:42pm
Leave the baby bird where it is - providing there's no cats around. The parent bird will usually seek it out.
Posted By: woodley Re: blackbird fallen from nest in my back garden - 30th May 2011 1:54pm
Originally Posted by Wiggi77
Find the other one first. Stick em both in a pie. Gas Mark 6 for 50 mins serve with chips

You'd still be 418 short for a decent pie. Made me smile tho'.
Originally Posted by woodley
Originally Posted by Wiggi77

You'd still be 418 short for a decent pie. Made me smile tho'.

Four and twenty, not 420 happy
It's amazing how many of us sickoes thought of the same thing on reading the post. Guess we're all kids at heart.
a bird in the bush lol
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
It's amazing how many of us sickoes thought of the same thing on reading the post. Guess we're all kids at heart.

Or hungry!?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: blackbird fallen from nest in my back garden - 30th May 2011 3:23pm
You're a terrible lot ! (Yes, I though that too, to be honest!)
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Leave the baby bird where it is - providing there's no cats around. The parent bird will usually seek it out.

withthat
just an update the bird was fine until it found its way out of the garden maybe had a go at flying but now sadly the cats must have got to it found it dead at the end of my street. HATE CATS
Posted By: Anonymous Re: blackbird fallen from nest in my back garden - 3rd Jun 2011 7:34pm
Oh dear !
Posted By: Expat Re: blackbird fallen from nest in my back garden - 3rd Jun 2011 8:47pm
How do you know it's the same bird??
just another update there was two birds and after a good look at the top of my garden i'v found the other one safe and sound i can't be sure the dead bird is the one missing but it is more likely than not. And just to put minds at rest i only went to look after hearing lots of loud noises that appeared to be the parents well lookin after the baby scarin a fox away. well done
© Wirral-Wikiwirral