Forums
Posted By: dizdazdoz Goodbye to my cat - 23rd Mar 2011 9:27pm
Knew the day would come and today it has, my 10yr old cat was put to sleep today and im gutted. His name was Pebbles and he was 10 years of age.

We thought he had an ear infection and have been using ear drops to try and clear it up to no avail, today we took him the vets and we were informed it was a tumour in the ear canal, our vet informed us at his age it was kinder to put him to sleep as he may struggle with the surgery.

Will miss him and my kids are distraught, espically my 10 year old.

R.I.P Pebbles x x
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Goodbye to my cat - 23rd Mar 2011 9:39pm
So sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort in knowing that Pebbles is at peace now. My thoughts are with you xxx
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Goodbye to my cat - 23rd Mar 2011 9:39pm
Originally Posted by dizdazdoz
Knew the day would come and today it has, my 10yr old cat was put to sleep today and im gutted. His name was Pebbles and he was 10 years of age.

We thought he had an ear infection and have been using ear drops to try and clear it up to no avail, today we took him the vets and we were informed it was a tumour in the ear canal, our vet informed us at his age it was kinder to put him to sleep as he may struggle with the surgery.

Will miss him and my kids are distraught, espically my 10 year old.

R.I.P Pebbles x x
sorry to hear that bud!
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Goodbye to my cat - 23rd Mar 2011 9:44pm
Sorry for your loss,hope the kids come to terms with it and start remembering the good times.
RIP Pebbles x
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Goodbye to my cat - 23rd Mar 2011 10:44pm
Sorry for your loss
RIP Pebbles
Posted By: starakita Re: Goodbye to my cat - 23rd Mar 2011 10:48pm
Sorry for your loss.know what youre going through RIP Pebbles
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Goodbye to my cat - 23rd Mar 2011 10:50pm
I put my cat down a couple of months ago. To be fair, I'd had him since I was 3 years old and at 22, he had a great life.

I feel for you. Part of the family.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Goodbye to my cat - 24th Mar 2011 1:16am
Sorry to hear this sad news, RIP Pebbles.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Goodbye to my cat - 24th Mar 2011 7:49am
Thanks for the kind words, seems funny not feeding him now.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Goodbye to my cat - 24th Mar 2011 7:52am
can feel for you on this one mate, had to lose my puss a few months ago.,..still saddnes me frown
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Goodbye to my cat - 24th Mar 2011 8:02am
Sorry to hear that mate, we lost ours 3 weeks back very sad, was the missus pet from when shes was 8, v sad had her about 13 years
Posted By: Maisie Re: Goodbye to my cat - 24th Mar 2011 8:05am
Aww very sad news, hope you all come to terms with your loss. frown
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Goodbye to my cat - 24th Mar 2011 8:20am
Very sad,it's so so hard to accept. I love my cat far too much.
RIP Pebbles. X
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Goodbye to my cat - 24th Mar 2011 9:36am
I know how you feel, I had to get my cat put to sleep due to cancer, RIP Pebbles
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Goodbye to my cat - 24th Mar 2011 9:38am
Sorry for your loss bud, My dad just lost his 3 leg cat a few month back called tripod (well thats what I called her).

He replaced her last week with a rescue cat and the smile is bk on his face...
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Goodbye to my cat - 24th Mar 2011 10:53am
After some thought we have decided that it is best for our children to get a new kitten, my wife wants either a torteshell or ginger cat pref, if anyone hears anything could you please let me know. Must be a kitten though.

The kitten will not replace Pebbles but will help with the kids getting over it, we will give it a loving home and make it part of the family. Thanks all.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Goodbye to my cat - 24th Mar 2011 1:15pm
Will keep an eye out for you will be looking myself shortly qas a suprise for the missus and our new baby that is due June, looking around sept / Oct prob, if anything comes up in the mean time i'll give you a shout dude.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral