Forums
Posted By: Tilly Dog found.. Birkenhead - 13th Mar 2011 1:34pm
FOUND

[Linked Image]
CHARLEY FARLEY
White & Brown Male Jack Russell Cross (Age: Older Adult)
Found in Morecroft Road, Rock Ferry, Birkenhead.3 small children found him down by the old shore and walked him up to Morecroft Road,, but a large dog sort of attacked him in Chatsworth Road, CH42 area, (North West) on Saturday, 12th March 2011
I took him into my house and put him in a box with some blankets as he couldn't stand and was shaking/shivering. I phoned the RSPCA and they checked him and found out he was chipped. The lady took him back to the Rspca shelter but rang me a little while later to say she had been to the house address on the microchip but the lady called Rose had moved in November. The Rspca said if they can't find the owner soon,, the vet will PTS as he has a few problems, ie, Hypothermia/Dehydration, can't stand because of bites on his legs.
Help us reunite CHARLEY FARLEY with their owner - print this poster from http://www.doglost.co.uk/poster.php?dogId=28522
0844 800 3220
Doglost is a FREE SERVICE run by volunteers
www.doglost.co.uk
Reuniting Dogs with their Owners

Posted By: Tilly Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 13th Mar 2011 1:36pm
I cant believe the rspca won't treat him, and would
rather put him to sleep..... Hang on!! what am i on about? of course i
believe they wont treat him and would rather put him to sleep, it's the
arse-pca!
**Rescue space has now been found for this old lad**
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 13th Mar 2011 5:32pm
how old is he any ideas
i donate monthly to rspca disgusted with them shall be stopping my donation will give it direct to another worthy rescue
Posted By: Tilly Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 13th Mar 2011 6:17pm
Originally Posted by poodlepup
how old is he any ideas
i donate monthly to rspca disgusted with them shall be stopping my donation will give it direct to another worthy rescue

He's about 10, and apart from the hypothermia /dehydration and a couple of cuts on his legs all easily treatable, he's fine but frightened. I just hope his owners are found.

The rspca have lost a lot of respect over the last few years.
Posted By: nicky Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 13th Mar 2011 6:55pm
aww this is so sad, he looks like a lovely dog too! Did they give you any details of the owner at all? There must be some way of tracing her. Really hope the owner is found.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 13th Mar 2011 7:11pm
whoever owns him didn't inform the microchip company that they have moved. so I think people are asking neighbours.

The rspca have still not been in touch with the rescue that want to take him in and get him some treatment.
Posted By: chris58 Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 13th Mar 2011 8:06pm
The poor thing hope he is reunited soon or found a good home. Wonder if the owner has been in touch with the rescue centres here in Birkenhead?
Posted By: kermit Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 13th Mar 2011 9:22pm
Aww poor dog
Posted By: Tilly Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 13th Mar 2011 10:11pm
Charley is more seriously poorly than shown on the dog lost poster however he is receiving treatment at a vets and being kept warm and comfortable. Unfortunately he has not responded to the treatment so far, although he has not deteriorated either. He has renal failure. They are still trying to locate his owner as the decision about his care should be made by her. They will give him until Friday afternoon on treatment at which point he will be assessed and a decision made about his future if his owner has not come forward by then.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 13th Mar 2011 10:20pm
Yeh course I will Summer.
Posted By: Ali90 Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 14th Mar 2011 1:58am
I am confused as to why people are putting the RSPCA down, I'm a huge animal lover and KNOW the RSPCA will not put a healthy dog to sleep, there are so many people beating and disowning their pets old and young, and with the RSPCA being extremely busy trying to rehome young healthy dogs and cats who have been traumatised, they may not have space for her as sad as it sounds, The owner must have realised her dog is missing so why hasnt she called the RSPCA? I think your blaming the wrong party!
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 14th Mar 2011 2:19am
hi please keep me updated tilly,i'm off to see the rspca
tomorrow have a rant at them ,cos i'm sick of hearing about them not wanting to treat injured animals

thats why we donate to them but it appears they are not spending the money as promised
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 14th Mar 2011 2:28am
Originally Posted by Ali90
I am confused as to why people are putting the RSPCA down, I'm a huge animal lover and KNOW the RSPCA will not put a healthy dog to sleep, there are so many people beating and disowning their pets old and young, and with the RSPCA being extremely busy trying to rehome young healthy dogs and cats who have been traumatised, they may not have space for her as sad as it sounds, The owner must have realised her dog is missing so why hasnt she called the RSPCA? I think your blaming the wrong party!

yes maybe owners fault for not updating microchip change of address,but i am sick of hearing how many injured pets are not being offered treatment which is cruel and its supposed to be the "RSPCA"

And yes they are putting healthy animals to sleep

and this is not what i expected my donations to be used for, looks like too many fat cats are creaming off the milk pun intended
Posted By: Tilly Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 14th Mar 2011 3:12am

RSPCA figures for 2008 show that they destroyed 8313 dogs and 12,329 cats and they state that healthy animals are destroyed because they are opposed to keeping dogs in kennels for lengthy periods. How long is too long? That is a staggering 22 dogs and 33 cats per day.The RSPCA state that ‘animals of unknown origin’ will be euthanised after only seven days!

http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/rspca.htm

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/RSPCA-Twitter-Charity-Tweets-Emergency-Calls-To-Show-The-Range-Of-Calls-About-Cruelty-It-Receives/Article/201012215854349?lpos=UK_News_News_Your_Way_Region_4&lid=NewsYourWay_ARTICLE_15854349_RSPCA%2C_Twitter%3A_Charity_Tweets_Emergency_Calls_To_Show_The_Range_Of_Calls_About_Cruelty_It_Receives#comments

http://rspcanotwhattheyseem.blogspot.com/2010/10/rspca-kill-bambi-for-being-too-tame.html

WARNING; shows slaughter by captive bolt gun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BWrcZKOzs4
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 14th Mar 2011 8:30am
I am confused as to why people are putting the RSPCA down

bit of role reversal here laffin

sorry ill get my coat
Posted By: Ali90 Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 14th Mar 2011 9:00am
They know what dogs are rehomable and which are not, why would it b fair to keep a dog who has been battered all cooped up on a kennel for the rest of it's life... Wirral and Chester branch rspca animal centres don't put healthy dogs down!!! They are separate to the other rspca centres throughout the uk because they are the only centres which are NOT funded by the gov! People saying they are going to stop donating... U think its bad now? Can you imagine how many animals the dog wardens (not the RSPCA) would have to put to sleep if the Wirral and Chester branch were shut down to lack of funds!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 14th Mar 2011 9:30am
They're too busy spending money on military uniforms and silver braid, as well as the newest vehicles. Surely someone must be wise to the point by now that charity organisers (a profession by all acounts) and big wheels in the organisationss skim the top off before the cash gets to doing the intended job. I remember the bloke who started Oxfam going from rags to riches very quickly.
Posted By: starakita Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 14th Mar 2011 9:50am
Ive had the RSPCA to my house a few times because someone ive got an idea who but they couldnt tell me didnt like my late cat, reason because he was very vocal three times they came out cos they were told he was out in all weathers which he wasnt & one time we were on holiday but he stayed next door & they went there & said we'd left the cat & dog on there own, the dog was at my sisters.The last time they came was about my dog,someone said she was out in all weathers barking all the time,she hardly ever barked & she had a kennel unfortunatley when they got that call my dog had been dead 15 months needles to say the girl was annoyed because she said they had to investigate every call & it costs money & time. we said we had no pets apart from 2 goldfish & I showed her the caskets that my pets are in. Needles to say that last visit was a bit upsetting & hopefully the person making the false claims will be informed as well.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 14th Mar 2011 10:53am
They know what dogs are rehomable and which are not, why would it b fair to keep a dog who has been battered all cooped up on a kennel for the rest of it's life... Wirral and Chester branch rspca animal centres don't put healthy dogs down!!! They are separate to the other rspca centres throughout the uk because they are the only centres which are NOT funded by the gov! People saying they are going to stop donating... U think its bad now? Can you imagine how many animals the dog wardens (not the RSPCA) would have to put to sleep if the Wirral and Chester branch were shut down to lack of funds!

Wirral and Chester are not the only ones in that uk that are seperate from rspca HQ but they still have to pay the powers that be to use the rspca logo, and rely on donations to stay
open. I am not knocking the small rspca places, the staff there do as much as they are allowed to do with what funding they get. any donations you make from your accounts DO NOT GO TO YOUR LOCAL rspca, they go to the big wigs at HQ to fund big flah cars and posh police like uniforms. If you want to help the animals in your area send the money to the local branches.

the rspca DO PUT HEALTHY DOGS TO SLEEP.
Posted By: Ali90 Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 14th Mar 2011 12:02pm
They do if you specify what branch you want your donation to go to, ok I was talking about the local RSPCA centre an I will rephrase... They will not put a rehomable dog down smile it is a huge shame about the others but generally they are unrehomable because of their aggressive behaviour. Usually the old owners fault. You can see how well the dogs and cats are cared for by visiting the piczo website following the link from the RSPCA website wink
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 14th Mar 2011 12:55pm
I am still canceling my donation to them,cos i'm disgusted at what they are not doing
Posted By: Tilly Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 14th Mar 2011 4:16pm
They do if you specify what branch you want your donation to go to, ok I was talking about the local RSPCA centre an I will rephrase... They will not put a rehomable dog down smile it is a huge shame about the others but generally they are unrehomable because of their aggressive behaviour. Usually the old owners fault. You can see how well the dogs and cats are cared for by visiting the piczo website following the link from the RSPCA website wink

a true example; My neice got a SBT puppy from th rspca last year when they were giving the staffies away with no home checks. 2 months on. the puppy didn't get much training therefore was too excitable and lively (as puppy's are) for my niece and her kids. she took it back to the rspca and said she didn't want it anymore, at first they refused and told her they dont take in unwanted or stray dogs and he would probably be put to sleep if left, my neice being a heartless cow left him anyway, she just walked out the door. Guess what? they put the puppy to sleep!!! a lovely young re-home-able puppy why? because it's cheaper than keeping him there for however long it takes to find him a home.
Posted By: Ali90 Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 14th Mar 2011 10:36pm
Not Wirral or Chester branch no way would they put a rehomable pup down, keeping him would have been easier than putting him to sleep I think your heartless stopping donations! But there are People mean enough to beat animals up... I guess people are just as selfish!!!
Posted By: Tilly Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 14th Mar 2011 10:40pm
Not Wirral or Chester branch no way would they put a rehomable pup down, keeping him would have been easier than putting him to sleep I think your heartless stopping donations! But there are People mean enough to beat animals up... I guess people are just as selfish!!!

smack
I give up
crazy
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 14th Mar 2011 11:10pm
i'm not heartless i will continue to donate as said before but to a more worthy cause the rspca are not using donations in the way most people expect ie posh cars for the managers and posh uniforms is not where i want my hard earned cash to be used

Posted By: hoseman Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 14th Mar 2011 11:27pm
Arnt we missing something here on this thread....??
The woman has moved home, not informed the chip company AND left her dog!!!
What does this say about her????
Posted By: pitterpat Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 15th Mar 2011 11:40pm
How is Charley doing? Really hope he is ok, poor old lad x
Posted By: Ali90 Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 16th Mar 2011 12:31am
Originally Posted by hoseman
Arnt we missing something here on this thread....??
The woman has moved home, not informed the chip company AND left her dog!!!
What does this say about her????

Well said!!
Posted By: Ali90 Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 16th Mar 2011 12:33am
Originally Posted by poodlepup
i'm not heartless i will continue to donate as said before but to a more worthy cause the rspca are not using donations in the way most people expect ie posh cars for the managers and posh uniforms is not where i want my hard earned cash to be used

Haha that's the silliest thing I've heard, managers usings donations to buy posh cars! Hahaha
Posted By: Tilly Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 16th Mar 2011 7:52pm
Originally Posted by pitterpat
How is Charley doing? Really hope he is ok, poor old lad x

charleys owners went in for him yesterday they have had him a long time but they took him home yesterday. H e is very poorly, but if its any consolation he will spend his time he has left with his owners . apparently he had just wandered off and with being old lost his bearings, so at least he is home, the owner did move and forgot to update the chip details, lets hope he picks up a bit now he's home
Posted By: nicky Re: Dog found.. Birkenhead - 22nd Mar 2011 12:47pm
Only just noticed the reply on this, im really glad to hear hes back where he belongs smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral