Forums
Posted By: Tilly dog tied to a tree in Storeton woods - 18th Jul 2010 3:17pm
does anyone recognise this lovely tri colour rough Collie tied to a tree in Storeton Woods on 9/10th July. extremely matted aged approx 7+
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
http://www.wirral.gov.uk/wirraldogs/Detail.asp?DogsID=5768
Posted By: Tilly Re: dog tied to a tree in Storeton woods - 18th Jul 2010 3:36pm
we need to find his owner to either, reunite them because he was stolen, or kick their arse for tying him to a tree and walking away from him. frown
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: dog tied to a tree in Storeton woods - 18th Jul 2010 4:19pm
That is disgusting. Some people are just so cruel.
Posted By: Tilly Re: dog tied to a tree in Storeton woods - 18th Jul 2010 4:23pm
they obviously tied him up because, being a faithful companion and love unconditionally, he would of followed them. sad sad sad frown
Posted By: Tilly Re: dog tied to a tree in Storeton woods - 18th Jul 2010 4:30pm
he is not chipped Summer and is in birkenhead dog pound.
Posted By: angelina Re: dog tied to a tree in Storeton woods - 18th Jul 2010 6:31pm
Poor old man , I hope someone has lost him and claims him.
Posted By: Tilly Re: dog tied to a tree in Storeton woods - 19th Jul 2010 4:35pm
Originally Posted by summer01
it looks like if he is tied to a tree then they have done this on purpose .probally they couldn t keep up the grooming of this poor lad so no fault of his own he is the one abamdoned .i think some law has to come into place here as owners are just getting rid of there pets like throwing out something close to you .i think its so sick and i don t know how they live with thereselves.isn t there a collie rescue anywhere.

he is up for re-homing now and someone from Northhants want to take him and a member of Doglost helper who lives in the wirral area also wants him smile
I thought this picture sums up what you have just said Summer.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: dog tied to a tree in Storeton woods - 19th Jul 2010 7:00pm
lowlifes.
Posted By: chris7777 Re: dog tied to a tree in Storeton woods - 20th Jul 2010 1:24pm
this reminds me of a dog we had once some yrs ago, he was a sheltie, found on a building site, not very old, they traced his owners and they just said they ''didn't want him anymore!''
well his coat was so matted he had to have it all cut off, and when it was cut we found he had a coller on,it was matted into his coat and we did'nt know it was there!! i think he had been ill treated too,because he was a nervous wreck,and he was very nervous around men, he would growl and bark at them, one day i was taking my shoes off and he shot out of the room! he must of thought i was going to hit him!! i had him for abour 3yrs, in the end i had to have him put to sleep because he had been so ill treated then abandoned he got a bit agrresive towards people, but he was ok with me! i could do anything with him, but let a man come near or a paper coming through the door---he would take a chunk out of it! good job it wasn't their hand or the postman!!!
i hope this lovely feller gets a decent home,i would love him but i don't think my cat would be too pleased!!!
Posted By: starakita Re: dog tied to a tree in Storeton woods - 20th Jul 2010 9:57pm
why dont people look into the breed of dog before they buy and find out about it. it might make people think twice before taking it on.hopefully this dog will go to a good owner who will take care of him properly and I hope the original owner gets his just desserts.
Posted By: Tilly Re: dog tied to a tree in Storeton woods - 20th Jul 2010 10:40pm
Originally Posted by chris7777
this reminds me of a dog we had once some yrs ago, he was a sheltie, found on a building site, not very old, they traced his owners and they just said they ''didn't want him anymore!''
well his coat was so matted he had to have it all cut off, and when it was cut we found he had a coller on,it was matted into his coat and we did'nt know it was there!! i think he had been ill treated too,because he was a nervous wreck,and he was very nervous around men, he would growl and bark at them, one day i was taking my shoes off and he shot out of the room! he must of thought i was going to hit him!! i had him for abour 3yrs, in the end i had to have him put to sleep because he had been so ill treated then abandoned he got a bit agrresive towards people, but he was ok with me! i could do anything with him, but let a man come near or a paper coming through the door---he would take a chunk out of it! good job it wasn't their hand or the postman!!!
i hope this lovely feller gets a decent home,i would love him but i don't think my cat would be too pleased!!!

what a sad start for this poor dog frown but at least he found you and you gave him 3 years of love smile
Posted By: Tilly Re: dog tied to a tree in Storeton woods - 20th Jul 2010 10:43pm
Originally Posted by starakita
why dont people look into the breed of dog before they buy and find out about it. it might make people think twice before taking it on.hopefully this dog will go to a good owner who will take care of him properly and I hope the original owner gets his just desserts.

I don't understand some people either.
how anyone can have a dog for 7+ years and then just tie him to a tree and walk away is just beyond me. mad

Posted By: Tatey Re: dog tied to a tree in Storeton woods - 21st Jul 2010 7:05am
I agree, it is awful. The only saving grace is that anyone abandoning a dog there would be sure that it would be found within minutes. Still no excuse.
Posted By: Tilly Re: dog tied to a tree in Storeton woods - 21st Jul 2010 10:08am
Originally Posted by Tatey
I agree, it is awful. The only saving grace is that anyone abandoning a dog there would be sure that it would be found within minutes. Still no excuse.

confused depending on what time of day/night he was dumped.
Posted By: Tilly Re: dog tied to a tree in Storeton woods - 21st Jul 2010 6:05pm
He went to a new home in Northampton today aliendance
© Wirral-Wikiwirral