Forums
Posted By: Tilly Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 5th May 2010 9:31pm
Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support
May 5 2010 by Matt Hurst, Wirral News
A PETITION dedicated to campaigning for improvements at Birkenhead’s dog pound has collected more than 150 signatures – and wants your support.

Karen Mills, who lives in Wallasey, was so shocked by what she saw when she returned to the pound for the first time in 30 years, she decided to do all she can to make life a little better for the animals living their lives inside.

Karen, 54 said: “You just walk in there and all you hear is dogs crying and jumping up, and then you look in the cages and see their sad, pathetic faces.

“You go down this alleyway and it’s freezing.

“It was a warm day but it was so cold in there, it’s just heart-breaking.”

Karen first visited the pound in the 1980s, after a dog she lost was kept there for safe keeping.

She says she hadn’t been back until three weeks ago, when a friend found herself in a similar position.

She said: “When I went to have a look, it hadn’t changed at all.

“It’s still so dark and damp and vile.”
Although the cages are kept clean and fresh water is supplied to all the dogs, Karen says the building needs a lot of work to provide a decent environment for the animals.

The grandmother said: “It is clean.

“The staff do care about them and do clean the place.

“They do what they can with the resources they’ve got.”

Following the visit, Karen decided to return armed with a camera, to take photographs and bring the dogs’ plight to a wider audience.

She hopes to pressure Wirral Council into investing more in the Corporation Road facility, as well as create a framework that would allow volunteers to help out.

Karen added: “For some of these dogs, it’s the last place they will see before they die.”

A spokesperson for Wirral Council said: “We are aware of the limitations of the council kennels but there is no question that the welfare of the animals is compromised in any way.”

To join the petition, visit http://www.thepetitionsite.com/507/petition-to-help-improve-birkenhead-council-kennels

[Linked Image]

http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-...tition-calls-for-support-80491-26373857/
we now have 244 signatures
party

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 5th May 2010 9:36pm
This Karen Mills sounds like a nutter!! And I bet she's 55!! liar raftl
Originally Posted by PaulWirral

thanks for the support clap
This boy came from the pound!!!

Heres his before and after!!!

Go and sign the petition please !!!

Attached picture 070.JPG
Attached picture 284.JPG
Thanks Angelina
what a gorgeous boy he is too.
well done for adopting and taking him away from that awful place thumbsup what a difference Love and care can do happy

Yeh! like Angelina says, go sign the petition, pray please
signed, this thread make me heart broken, how can mans best friend be neglected in such times
Originally Posted by LukeORourke
signed, this thread make me heart broken, how can mans best friend be neglected in such times

thanks Luke thumbsup it's awful isn't it frown
I think a lot of people don't realise dogs have feelings too no
and of course you always get the ones that just don't care frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 5th May 2010 11:38pm
Originally Posted by Tilly

..that's ok...and you know I am pulling ya leg.

..that's ok...and you know i'm cocking me leg.

oshocked
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 6th May 2010 12:10am
Originally Posted by MrPhil
[quote=PaulWirral]This Karen Mills sounds like a nutter!! And I bet she's 55!! liar raftl

..that's ok...and you know i'm cocking me leg.

oshocked [/quote]

raftl
Don't know why I bother. I'm surrounded by idiots.
I'm no idiot Tilly, fully respect what your trying to do.
Originally Posted by MrPhil
I'm no idiot Tilly, fully respect what your trying to do.

thanks Phil thumbsup that's all I ask
Now as your famous i'd like your autograph....

lol smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 6th May 2010 1:34am
Don't know why I bother. I'm surrounded by idiots.

Tilly, wind ya neck in dearest! It's such a depressing world that laughing at it gets you through the day.

Tilly, wind ya neck in dearest! It's such a depressing world that laughing at it gets you through the day.

well go and take the piss out of someone else's thread then
dearest
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 6th May 2010 1:53am
Don't know why I bother. I'm surrounded by miserable people.
don't bother then, just leave the thread
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 6th May 2010 2:03am
....indeed cos you shoving your opinion down peoples throats is a disgrace. If anyone disagrees with poor Tilly they receive abuse.

I think you been spending too much time with animals because your people skills are seriously lacking.

But that's just my humble opinion.

....indeed cos you shoving your opinion down peoples throats is a disgrace. If anyone disagrees with poor Tilly they receive abuse.

I think you been spending too much time with animals because your people skills are seriously lacking.

how am I shoving opinions down anyone's throats I didn't ask for your opinions. all I did was post a local news story that I am involved with on a local forum that I am a member of, and the anti Tilly brigade decide to make fun of it. I have had more support world wide on this petition than I have done here. what does that say about some wiki wirral members.

don't go shoving your 'humble opinions' down my throat either if anyone is acting in a disgraceful manner it's you.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 6th May 2010 2:53am
There is no "Anti Tilly' brigade on this forum. That's just plain paranoia. I simply just lightened the mood and get called an "idiot". There are members here who roll their eyes everytime you post becasue they know its another 'Tilly Sermon' and god forbid anyone disagreeing.

What's really disappointing is those working at the B'head Dog Home are trying their best with the limited resources they have and someone like you, who believes that the German Shepherd Rescue is whiter then white, comes along and tells them they are failing in their duties for the care of the dogs. All that hard work is undone by the reincarnation of Barbara Woodhouse.

Maybe you can get the place closed and leave dogs in far worse care they are already in. Be proud of your work Tilly.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 6th May 2010 12:39pm
Originally Posted by summer01
i have signed this keep up the work Tilly .the dogs wouldn t be in there in the first place if it wasn t for unresponsible heartless owners who just think about thereselves .a dog is for life not throwing out when you get fed up taking care of it .

I agree with you so why not put the energy into re-educating owners who can't look after animals instead of attacking the one place where dogs are cared for on a short term basis.
Originally Posted by summer01
the pound is a death sentence for a pet that has been dumped on no fault of its own .the owner should be chucked in there a dog is for life .i think the pound should be made comfortable as possible sorry i agree with Tilly .

you don't have to be sorry Summer wink
thanks for your support mate thumbsup
anyone disagrees with poor Tilly they receive abuse.

how am I shoving opinions down anyone's throats I didn't ask for your opinions. all I did was post a local news story that I am involved with on a local forum that I am a member of, and the anti Tilly brigade decide to make fun of it. I have had more support world wide on this petition than I have done here. what does that say about some wiki wirral members.

don't go shoving your 'humble opinions' down my throat either if anyone is acting in a disgraceful manner it's you.

And your little tirade proves Paul's point.
And if you don't want people's opinions then don't post on a PUBLIC forum.
Originally Posted by scoops
anyone disagrees with poor Tilly they receive abuse.

And your little tirade proves Paul's point.
And if you don't want people's opinions then don't post on a PUBLIC forum.

hmmm! think you quoted all of my 'tirade' but not all of pauls???
crazy oh well!

opinions are fine by me grin

and is that it scoops? whistle
I quoted the relevant parts smile
Glad you changed your mind about the opinions thing though.
Yeah that's it......

For now wink
Hi i signed the petition in the offlicence on Balls Road.
These animals deserve warmth and proper care.
If they are struggling for money to help pay towards this then why not do charity events if they dont already do this.
I used to work in dogs kennels years ago and they had concrete kennels a long warm pipe at the back pf the kennel running through all the kennels but only 1 potato sack for a blanket. Poor dogs.
Think this is quite fair, Tilly is only highlighting possible neglect of welfare of dogs in a pound? Why did it get hijacked?

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/406683/Wiki_wirral.html#Post406683
just signed on-line. good luck
just a quick update I wont go on and on.

ONLINE PETITION STANDS AT 532 . AND PAPER PETITIONS AT 1277
thanks everyone that signed thumbsup
Just signed Tilly now entry 536.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 17th May 2010 10:51am
Originally Posted by reddragon
Just signed Tilly now entry 536.

thanks thumbsup
There is no "Anti Tilly' brigade on this forum. That's just plain paranoia.

Ah come on, its not paranoia, lets be honest, every person on these forums I know of, hates her, all she does is look to cause conflict and ram her fkin stupid dogs down our throats 24/7, I mean come on, if she ever got out a bit more, she might realise there is more to life than dogs. I can imagine her being the type of person who no humans like or can even tolerate, so the dogs are the only thing she has in life, hence its all she ever goes on about!!

Sick of this, people bowing down to her and pussy-footing around like their standing on eggshells around her, and then slagging her off every chance they get in private, lets all just be honest and blunt for a change folks, it will probably please her knowing people feel this way, because she will have achieved her aim.

smile
Posted By: Wench Re: Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 18th May 2010 12:08am
Originally Posted by MattLFC

Ah come on, its not paranoia, lets be honest, every person on these forums I know of, hates her, all she does is look to cause conflict and ram her fkin stupid dogs down our throats 24/7, I mean come on, if she ever got out a bit more, she might realise there is more to life than dogs. I can imagine her being the type of person who no humans like or can even tolerate, so the dogs are the only thing she has in life, hence its all she ever goes on about!!

Sick of this, people bowing down to her and pussy-footing around like their standing on eggshells around her, and then slagging her off every chance they get in private, lets all just be honest and blunt for a change folks, it will probably please her knowing people feel this way, because she will have achieved her aim.

smile

I have to say that most times, I'd rather have my dog over people any day of the week. She doesn't lie, cheat, use, abuse, bitch, try to speak for me, cause problems for me or let me down.

With regards to Tilly - I have to say that I don't have an issue with her. She's not done anything to me and as I've never met her and therefore don't know her, I can't say I hate her.

So thanks for that Matt, but I'm a big girl (in more ways than one) and am quite capable of speaking for myself grin

Is that blunt and honest enough for you smirk
I have no issues whatsoever with Tilly - far from it, and as she is aware, I don't share the same viewpoint as her.
Do you get the feeling there is a dark cloud over wirral at the mo, turning people into argumentative so and so's perhaps its the volcanic ash at work.
Maybe these pople who are against what Tilly is doing ooops trying to do would like to exchange places with a dog in the pound for 24 hours hours.
You carry on Tilly
And yes Suexx theres deffo something in the air tonight as Phil Collins sang
Posted By: Mark Re: Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 18th May 2010 7:39am
I know you mat.

I dont have a problem with Tilly.
She has her opinion, just as yours are matt.

Keep up the good work Tilly thumbsup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 18th May 2010 9:32am
Originally Posted by Mark
I know you mat.

Ban Tilly! Ban Matt! Ban Trolls! Ban banging your elbow cos its never fookin funny! Ban the French!

I have had a fair few debates with Tilly but she has her point of view, I have mine. I would agree with her at times but then we both be wrong!! Muahahaha!!!

Silly Tilly and Matty Twa.... we'll leave that there..!!! cool

smile

If you have a problem with her post's/threads then why even click on the thread?

Just take a chill pill Matt. There is more to life than arguing/bullying on the internet, as sometimes that is how it comes across.
Originally Posted by Mark
I know you mat.

Ban Tilly! Ban Matt! Ban Trolls! Ban banging your elbow cos its never fookin funny! Ban the French!

I have had a fair few debates with Tilly but she has her point of view, I have mine. I would agree with her at times but then we both be wrong!! Muahahaha!!!

Silly Tilly and Matty Twa.... we'll leave that there..!!! cool

raftl
I've just signed.It only took a minute of my time,and if it helps make a difference then I can't see what the fuss is all about.
Maybe the staff at the pound would appreciate a little extra funding thanks to Tilly's and Karens efforts and I don't think Tilly is saying that the staff are to blame,but WBC is because of a lack of funding.
On the other hand,even if they are cold at night at least they have shelter and are not roaming the streets having fireworks tied to thier tails etc by the yobbish culture of today's society.(but that's a different story altogether).

Keep up the good work guys! happy

( handbag Tilly and Paul) lol
raftl
yes ban trolls!

I never liked the purple/pink coloured hair, nor the naked shiny skin thing they had going on..

Although i used to have a boyfriend who, if i squinted, looked like a purple haired troll. From the back of course
Originally Posted by Razzi
See... in a way i have to agree with Matt.

While i dont hate Tilly,

i dont like the way that whenever someone doesn't agree with her ideals or speaks against her, then all this shit pops up to her defence. You'll never convince me that the Kevins the Gsd's and the "child of tilly" are not all related and are brought out to browbeat the opposition and thats a sad fact of why i dont really like her or her methods. I like to make up my own opinions not have other peoples pushed down my throat with this type of tactic

I mean... what the "frak" is all the above about? anyone with a bit of sense can figure out that all these people, Tillys child included are one and the same person and shes not fooling anyone. I used to enjoy this site, but if i may be allowed to say its "gone to the dogs" lately with all this crap.

Everyone knows about the petition now Tilly,and everyone who wanted too off this site has probably already signed it, so please, stop ramming it down our throats please and lets move on

I actually have no problem with her posting this thread or keeping it alive - after-all, it keeps it populating thr forums for newbies and others, who may not have seen it, and it is in a good cause. I made a valid comment that the pound is fit for the purpose it serves, agreed by other members, and where does the council money come from to upgrade it (at a cost of thousands) when the council is already cutting other things back, such is the shortage of cash they currently face. However, she started becoming aggressive as always because some people questioned the thread, and began the paranoia story again.

But what does annoy me, is the amount of aggression she gives out, as soon as a member questions her point of view, or does not agree with her entirely. This happened in the very first thread she started, getting aggressive with many members, simply because they found the "facts" portrayed by Tilly where not as they first seemed, and the original post was unfairly and incorrectly very one-sided - unfortunately for Tilly, we on Wiki, have the intelligence to do some digging of our own and found evidence that he original post was mainly propaganda-esque... In fact, one of the national newspapers, pretty much discredited everything she had argued for in that thread, and it has happened ever since. This was peoples initial experience of her attitude and perception of her as a person, and she has done nothing to hange this since, so what does she expect?

In almost every thread since, she has gotten aggressive towards forums members, usually for no reason other than their perfectly valid opinion or point, does not corrolate with that of hers, or questions/undermines the original point she was trying to make in the first place. I have on plenty of occasions had my head bitten off for posting the wrong thing, and in the end usually just agree to disagree to keep it peaceful.

Because of this, everyone bitches about her in private, I would'nt say they hate her, but nobody can seem to find a way to get on with her or make a friend of her, unless they have a GSD and want to anihalate RSPCA, because she is just aggressive with everyone.

Now I do the same thing to her, and she runs and hides, I know people who have posted in her defence, but at the same time bitch about her, have done so out of pure compassion for her, but if she can't handle a taste of her own medicine, maybe she should think twice before dishing it out next time.

She thinks everyone on Wiki is just out to get her, and we're not; but people do have other points of view, and people don't always agree with everything she says, thats why its a discussion forum - ive posted in the past that she would be better off with a Wordpress blog and disabling the comments on it, if she can't deal with people not entirely agreeing with her. The only reason people get annoyed with her, is because she shows so much aggression, simply because people post genuine and valid points or opinions - if she now has a paranoia about everyone being against her, this is where that paranoia derives.
Matt, I don't have a GSD, I also don't agree with Tilly on many matters, but I have had loads of conversations with Tilly without any aggression between us ever, perhaps its the standard of some of the replies that sets her off.

I seem to remember quite a few posts stating that the topics she is interested in shouldn't be on WikiWirral, yet I thought that is contrary to the WikiWirral philosophy and certainly is a classic way to wind somebody up.

Whilst some members of Wiki seem to have a problem with her, she also has many supporters, so apparently I am one of many who aren't part of the "everyone" you keep on referring to.

The other matter that keeps on popping up is the elitism of the senior members on WikiWirral. Everybody was a newbie once, I cringe at some of my earlier posts (and some of my present ones as well). Antagonistic elitist statements are just about the most anti-social thing that can be done - the "I've been on hear two hundred years and can do what I like but you can't" is not only bullying but hiding behind an imaginary shield.

A bit of tolerance and respect for others is needed all round I think.
The problem with aggression and abuse, directed towards another member only results in no one remembering the point your trying to make in that particular thread. Speak quietly and people will hear, shout and no one listens, good debates on here are lost because of abuse to other members. Maybe more effort should be made by everyone to keep it dignified and no abuse.
i have noticed on 2 occasions recently that reference has been made to
SPELLING
not everyone has a diploma in spelling and therefore should not be critised for it

eeevennnnnnnnn eye maik miss steaks
One reference was made to spelling, because the person it was made towards, was trying to insult/question the posters intelligence. I think if someone is trying to make fun of someone elses intelligence, and can't even spell correctly, then they leave themselves wide-open for counter-criticism.
please note i did say "i have noticed on 2 occasions recently" as in two seperate topics not just todays but another recent topic the same point ws made which I find is wrong.
I have aired my point and now am going to leave that point alone.
I believe that would be my post red.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 20th May 2010 11:03pm

I actually have no problem with her posting this thread or keeping it alive - after-all, it keeps it populating thr forums for newbies and others, who may not have seen it, and it is in a good cause. I made a valid comment that the pound is fit for the purpose it serves, agreed by other members, and where does the council money come from to upgrade it (at a cost of thousands) when the council is already cutting other things back, such is the shortage of cash they currently face. However, she started becoming aggressive as always because some people questioned the thread, and began the paranoia story again.

But what does annoy me, is the amount of aggression she gives out, as soon as a member questions her point of view, or does not agree with her entirely. This happened in the very first thread she started, getting aggressive with many members, simply because they found the "facts" portrayed by Tilly where not as they first seemed, and the original post was unfairly and incorrectly very one-sided - unfortunately for Tilly, we on Wiki, have the intelligence to do some digging of our own and found evidence that he original post was mainly propaganda-esque... In fact, one of the national newspapers, pretty much discredited everything she had argued for in that thread, and it has happened ever since. This was peoples initial experience of her attitude and perception of her as a person, and she has done nothing to hange this since, so what does she expect?

In almost every thread since, she has gotten aggressive towards forums members, usually for no reason other than their perfectly valid opinion or point, does not corrolate with that of hers, or questions/undermines the original point she was trying to make in the first place. I have on plenty of occasions had my head bitten off for posting the wrong thing, and in the end usually just agree to disagree to keep it peaceful.

Because of this, everyone bitches about her in private, I would'nt say they hate her, but nobody can seem to find a way to get on with her or make a friend of her, unless they have a GSD and want to anihalate RSPCA, because she is just aggressive with everyone.

Now I do the same thing to her, and she runs and hides, I know people who have posted in her defence, but at the same time bitch about her, have done so out of pure compassion for her, but if she can't handle a taste of her own medicine, maybe she should think twice before dishing it out next time.

She thinks everyone on Wiki is just out to get her, and we're not; but people do have other points of view, and people don't always agree with everything she says, thats why its a discussion forum - ive posted in the past that she would be better off with a Wordpress blog and disabling the comments on it, if she can't deal with people not entirely agreeing with her. The only reason people get annoyed with her, is because she shows so much aggression, simply because people post genuine and valid points or opinions - if she now has a paranoia about everyone being against her, this is where that paranoia derives.

OMFG have you heard yourself. trying to put all the aggression onto me when it was you that started it in the first place, apart from me thanking a couple of members on the 16th/17th May I hadn't been near this thread since the 7th May....your nothing but a forum bully! you twist things to make it look like your in the right when in fact most of the shit you have just spouted in this post is so far fetched it's laughable hahahahahaha. and for your info the rspca admitted to shooting 65 dogs last year with captive bolt guns and continue to do so as a form of euthanasia.
and your not that popular here yourself I have spoke to many on here that hate your guts and congratulate me for giving YOU as good as i get. you should get out from that 'Apartment' of yours and get a life instead of trying to bully people.

to everyone else on this forum
if I have offended you in any way I APOLOGISE
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 20th May 2010 11:08pm
Tilly i await Matt's 14000 word essay saying your wrong he is right raftl

You haven't offended me in the slightest, just sort your dog breath out :-P (joke btw)
awww don't be mean, matt's got an opinion just like tilly has and the point of forums is to be able to express them
why can't we all just get along!!!! cry
can't edit my post again frown sorry guys, ignore me and carry on !
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 21st May 2010 12:32am
Melli-Mel, this is a somewhat personal crusade of Tilly's! unless you are 100% dog lover you'll get nothing but apathy from her so it's just not worth getting involved.
Most of this thread will be deleted before too long anyway by the mods.
i don't like dogs at all, but i still respect her opinion and i don't agree with what you say but i'll fight blah blah blah
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 21st May 2010 12:36am
You????
Fight????

raftl
in spirit smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Birkenhead dog pound petition calls for support - 21st May 2010 12:38am
With spirit down you, you mean!
more than likely!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral