Forums
Posted By: Tilly Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 12:40am
2 weeks ago me and my daughter decided to take 2 of the dogs to Hoylake where we assumed the beach is much cleaner oshocked
Big mistake
Before we left to go get the train lovely and clean thumbsup

[Linked Image]

Hoylake

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

cry we had to get the train home too

[Linked Image]

think we will stick to New Brighton in future
laffin

Posted By: spinking Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 6:22am
LoL at least you didnt drive back

Bet that took some bathing to get off
Posted By: Tilly Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 5:09pm
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Too many photos

for who???
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 5:18pm
I thought everyone knew not to walk on the beach beyond the lifeboat station.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 5:21pm
Ha! mucky pups!
Posted By: Tilly Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 5:21pm
I thought everyone knew not to walk on the beach beyond the lifeboat station.

what you on about???? the beach was between Hoylake and Meols,
there are no signs to say not too.
whats that got to do with
too many photos anyway
duh
Posted By: jimbob Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 6:13pm
Tilly, wet sand can often SPELL DANGER, thats unless you know the the same area is dry prior to tide been in.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 6:30pm
Too many photos

Too many pointless words (above).

Bet the dogs loved it. We went to West Kirby and Sooty (the old dog) lay down in the mud. Bath time when we got home, but fun.
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 6:59pm
That is mostly Meols beach. It will be like that at this time of year. The section you walked through between the old baths site in Hoylake to Dovepoint slipway in Meols is the muddiest section of the lot. I would not walk that way any time of year. The best route to avoid getting caked in mud I recommend is the section from Kings Gap Hoylake to Red rocks at the end of Stanley road. From there you could walk the next part to West Kirby. They are the best parts of the beach over here. Caldy beach to Thurstuson is another good one.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 7:21pm

Looks like you 'stuck to' Hoylake from the look of your trainers raftl

Dogs look like they had fun smile
Posted By: Tilly Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 7:50pm
Originally Posted by jimbob
Tilly, wet sand can often SPELL DANGER, thats unless you know the the same area is dry prior to tide been in.

could do with some signs me thinks yes it was fun anyways. happy
Posted By: Tilly Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 7:52pm
Originally Posted by Capt_America
Too many photos

Too many pointless words (above).

Bet the dogs loved it. We went to West Kirby and Sooty (the old dog) lay down in the mud. Bath time when we got home, but fun.

they sure did happy we walked to Moreton station from Hoylake hoping it would dry them out a bit no such luck tho no
Posted By: Tilly Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 7:56pm
Originally Posted by KevinFinity
That is mostly Meols beach. It will be like that at this time of year. The section you walked through between the old baths site in Hoylake to Dovepoint slipway in Meols is the muddiest section of the lot. I would not walk that way any time of year. The best route to avoid getting caked in mud I recommend is the section from Kings Gap Hoylake to Red rocks at the end of Stanley road. From there you could walk the next part to West Kirby. They are the best parts of the beach over here. Caldy beach to Thurstuson is another good one.

thumbsup thanks for that Kevin.
we were going to go to west Kirby today, thought the weather was going to be like yesterday, anyway we will have to wait a week or so now laffin
Posted By: Tilly Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 7:57pm
Originally Posted by Snooze

Looks like you 'stuck to' Hoylake from the look of your trainers raftl

Dogs look like they had fun smile

raftl I know, they were Lacoste too laugh
they loved it snooze thumbsup
Posted By: camaroz Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 8:27pm
great pics...
I can see two members of your expedition who would not hesitate going back for another go....
Lovely dogs by the way..
Posted By: Tilly Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 8:51pm
Originally Posted by camaroz
great pics...
I can see two members of your expedition who would not hesitate going back for another go....
Lovely dogs by the way..

I know which 2 your on about and certainly isn't me or my daughter raftl
thanks for saying my dogs are lovely thumbsup
even when they are covered in mud

all nice and clean again yes

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Nigel Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 9:59pm

Hoylake beach was always very muddy and Horrible even when I was a child in the Mid 70's, My grandmother God bless her used to live in the Government road flats over looking the prom so when we visited of a Sunday we would go down to the sand and we only did it the once because it was so muddy ! - good memories though.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 29th Mar 2010 10:38pm
Originally Posted by nigelmclelland

Hoylake beach was always very muddy and Horrible even when I was a child in the Mid 70's, My grandmother God bless her used to live in the Government road flats over looking the prom so when we visited of a Sunday we would go down to the sand and we only did it the once because it was so muddy ! - good memories though.

mid 60's we would go there every Sunday in the summer Hols because there used to be like a religious service run by the Hoylake Baptist Church there. me mum went all the time and we would all sing hymns and pray on the beach.
(I always prayed the tide would come in and we could all go home) Bank Holidays the youth club leaders would let us stay until dark and have sausage sizzle night raftl them where the days. party
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 30th Mar 2010 12:57am
Nice pics! Dogs love a good run around on open spaces - especially on wet muddy sands!

Posted By: Tilly Re: Nice day out in Hoylake..Big Mistake - 30th Mar 2010 1:28am
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Nice pics! Dogs love a good run around on open spaces - especially on wet muddy sands!

thanks Paul,
trouble is I'm getting too old to keep up with them lol! oldman
© Wirral-Wikiwirral