Forums
Posted By: abcdefgh Dog insurance. - 14th Mar 2010 12:26am
I think all breeders of certain types of dog (Bulldogs etc) should all be forced to have insurance, licenses and home checks. This might put some of them off breeding the poor dogs to make a quick buck. It is far too easy to allow this breeding of dogs to take place without any thought for their future.
Sorry but the dog pound, rspca and I think Freshfields are over run with bull terriers and rotties who have been discarded or mistreated. Leave responsible owners alone.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Dog insurance. - 14th Mar 2010 12:32am
Why should all breeders have to do the checks?
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Dog insurance. - 14th Mar 2010 12:36am
forgot to add, not just "bulldog" types need insurance. Sometimes it is not feasable for people to home check homes.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Dog insurance. - 14th Mar 2010 5:01pm
Other 'solutions' such as ASBOS and Tags haven't worked on these thugs, why on earth do the Government think they'll insure their dogs?
there is no deterrent in law, just a piece of paper saying 'don't do it again', while the rest of us run the risk of losing OUR dogs! There is something very wrong with this country when evil is freely allowed to prosper! mad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...criminals-best-friend.html#ixzz0i1YC7NFu
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Dog insurance. - 14th Mar 2010 8:10pm
All the insurance will do is pay compensation after the dog has ripped someone apart. The Police should crack down, they know where illegal fighting and breeding is going on. Good article in the papers today about this.
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Dog insurance. - 14th Mar 2010 8:23pm
Start at the root of the problem with clamping down on the unnecessary over-breeding of 'dangerous' dogs. The home-checks should be compulsory. Hopefully it would put these puppy-machines out of business.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Dog insurance. - 14th Mar 2010 8:34pm
this is what should happen grin

Section 1 of the dda, has been amended to include:
The breed/type known as the idiot/status dog owner.Effective from midnight tonight it will be illegal for:
Any dog to live with and or be accompanied by, any human of the restricted breed/type that has not been added to the exemption index.
Any dog wishing to have their owner added to the exemption index must comply with the following:
1. The human must be castrated.
2. The human must have a microchip or tattoo. Microchips will be inserted under the skin, at the base of the neck, whilst the tattoo, will be located on the forehead.
3. The human must be kept gagged, handcuffed, and on a short lead whilst in any public place.Note.Any dog who believes they have an owner of the restricted type, have 3 months to apply for exemption status. Failure to apply within this time period will result in:
Your human seized and destroyed, and the possibility of up to 6 months in kennels or a slap on the paw for an offending dog.

Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Dog insurance. - 14th Mar 2010 9:06pm
busted Bang on Tilly!
Posted By: jimbob Re: Dog insurance. - 14th Mar 2010 10:04pm
its typical of everything this present government stands for. pass that many laws that work against the normal law abiding people so they end up not been able to move in fear of been prosacuted and let the yobs, scumbags and the like roam the streets laughing at every one else.
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Dog insurance. - 14th Mar 2010 10:08pm
I know, the whole thing stinks. The only other way to stop em is chop their blinkin hands off.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Dog insurance. - 14th Mar 2010 11:55pm
Don't think it's fair on owners/dogs. I have a pug that would never hurt a fly (she hasn't even got proper teeth). Once a law concerning insurance is passed, the price goes up.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Dog insurance. - 15th Mar 2010 1:35am
Originally Posted by Violet
Don't think it's fair on owners/dogs. I have a pug that would never hurt a fly (she hasn't even got proper teeth). Once a law concerning insurance is passed, the price goes up.

it's good dog owners like you and me that will suffer mad
well the government can shove it as far as they can get it.
I definatley won't pay.
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Dog insurance. - 15th Mar 2010 10:51pm
Nor me.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Dog insurance. - 15th Mar 2010 11:14pm
I won't suffer, our dog will lick all people who come near her when she's on here lead (On at all times).

Over the garden gate or at the front door and your for it it lol.

Posted By: Tilly Re: Dog insurance. - 16th Mar 2010 2:12pm
the insurance is a joke.
the police can not get the untaxed, uninsured cars off the road. To add to their problems with millions of dogs to be checked is beyond belief. Who ever thought up this idea should be sacked for gross incompetence.

Posted By: polo_phil Re: Dog insurance. - 16th Mar 2010 3:02pm
Remember when they were saying insurance should be compulsory for bicyclists?... Tilly's right. sort out the cars first.

I was attacked yesterday by a fierce westy... it jumped up at my shin and tried to lick me omg
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Dog insurance. - 16th Mar 2010 3:07pm
Think mine should be fined for these farts she's doing.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dog insurance. - 16th Mar 2010 5:51pm
Just been on the R4 news... the govt. are scrapping the proposed idea of compulsory dog insurance. Tilly.. your vibes obviously got through to Flash Gordon's Crazy Gang !! ha.ha.
Posted By: jimbob Re: Dog insurance. - 16th Mar 2010 7:38pm
Once again this goverment opened its mouth before it engaged its tiny mind[brain]. Good job for once it realized the compulsory dog insurance would not do what is needed. Trouble is there is lots of legistration that we are stuck with due to the government not engaging its brain
Posted By: Tilly Re: Dog insurance. - 16th Mar 2010 8:03pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Just been on the R4 news... the govt. are scrapping the proposed idea of compulsory dog insurance. Tilly.. your vibes obviously got through to Flash Gordon's Crazy Gang !! ha.ha.

thumbsup

well it was a stupid idea bananadance

lets hope any more of their air brained schemes doesn't involve any of us good dog owners..
although I am all for a real dog license and not a silly £1.50 a year thing either or a breed specific one.
heavy fines too if you haven't got one.
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Dog insurance. - 16th Mar 2010 9:12pm
I think they should sort these inexperienced dog breeders out though, then there wont be so many poor dogs unwanted and abused.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Dog insurance. - 16th Mar 2010 11:42pm
Originally Posted by aegean
I think they should sort these inexperienced dog breeders out though, then there wont be so many poor dogs unwanted and abused.

I hear what your saying and yes you are right about that something should be done to stop them, but 90% of these breeders are experienced at breeding they do it that often, mainly for the money they make, they are not dog lovers they don't care about genetics or line breeding they are quite happy to breed mother to son dad to daughter brother to sister mad they make my blood boil. these should be stopped.
and another pet hate of mine PUPPY FARMS and PET SHOPS selling dogs and puppies. mad
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Dog insurance. - 16th Mar 2010 11:53pm
frown Anthing to do with this trade in puppys sickens me Tilly. mad
Posted By: Tilly Re: Dog insurance. - 17th Mar 2010 12:43am
Originally Posted by aegean
frown Anthing to do with this trade in puppys sickens me Tilly. mad

We live in a sick world hun, sometimes I wonder who the animals really are, the more I know of humans, the more I love my dogs.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Dog insurance. - 17th Mar 2010 8:10am
The dog insurance scheme may well have been a crazy idea, at least it shows someone, somewhere in government is trying to come up with a solution. As for dog breeding, I've yet to meet any breeder who doesn't do it for the money, after all, you don't see any pedigree puppies being given away for nothing. They even charge the earth for pups without a pedigree, and when you do get a pedigree, its not worth the paper its written on, owing to the mass fiddling of pedigrees over the years. I always have to laugh when people who fall in to the trap of buying a dog, think that a piece of paper makes it a better animal.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Dog insurance. - 17th Mar 2010 10:43am
Outcry and it gets dropped. Talk of VAT on food and nothing said, we are a crowd of nutters.
Posted By: jimbob Re: Dog insurance. - 17th Mar 2010 9:45pm
outcry because its not the dogs that are the problem. its the inbreading of certain humans that is the problem
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Dog insurance. - 17th Mar 2010 10:30pm
Youre so right, its not the dogs, its the lowlife grotbags known as humans
© Wirral-Wikiwirral