Forums
Posted By: vw_kyle cats - 19th Feb 2010 9:47pm
my mum as just emigrated to australia and deciceded to get a few cats one off her cats garfield has just had to be taken to the vets and diagonosed as having fluid on the lungs so they operated or dealt with it not quiet sure what they do anyway he was only there for two days and got a nice bill for $2500 and that was cheap they knocked some off,what would be the price be over here for a similar thing because that is pritty steep
Posted By: bobi1 Re: cats - 20th Feb 2010 1:26am
What would be the price of the occasional comma or full stop? I'm only thinking you might pass out from lack of oxygen kyle, bless you.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: cats - 20th Feb 2010 1:56am
I.'d have given the cat one of my bendrofluazide tabs!! Seriously tho-the cost was probably for the diagnosis?! Hmmm
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: cats - 20th Feb 2010 2:58am
Originally Posted by bobi1
What would be the price of the occasional comma or full stop? I'm only thinking you might pass out from lack of oxygen kyle, bless you.

how inappropriate and rude!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: cats - 20th Feb 2010 6:51am
Originally Posted by _Ste_

how inappropriate and rude!

withthat
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: cats - 20th Feb 2010 11:46am
Look out bobi1

noonoo busted busted

Posted By: bobi1 Re: cats - 20th Feb 2010 3:12pm

I was only joking. Sorry for any offence caused blush
Posted By: Tilly Re: cats - 20th Feb 2010 10:26pm
Originally Posted by vw_kyle
my mum as just emigrated to australia and deciceded to get a few cats one off her cats garfield has just had to be taken to the vets and diagonosed as having fluid on the lungs so they operated or dealt with it not quiet sure what they do anyway he was only there for two days and got a nice bill for $2500 and that was cheap they knocked some off,what would be the price be over here for a similar thing because that is pritty steep

i reckon it could be anything between £150-£200 for operations and after care, depending on which vets you use too they don't all charge the same.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: cats - 20th Feb 2010 11:26pm
When barney had to have his ear sorted the rspca bloke quoted us £35. Got the mutt there [by which time id worked out that the op would be £25- wiv rspca discount.
Next thing, vet rings 'how much did i quote you?' i say £25-not takin the piss, just my 'bill' and he was 'oh! Ok'. Goes to show ya though...
Posted By: Wench Re: cats - 21st Feb 2010 12:01am
Originally Posted by Tilly

i reckon it could be anything between £150-£200 for operations and after care, depending on which vets you use too they don't all charge the same.

And the rest!! Tarot was in overnight, had an IVI put in, 2 litres of fluid, some blood tests and 2 sets of tablets and it cost £255!!

I'd say it would be closer to £1000 if you add surgery onto it.

Don't forget that the price mentioned originally was in AUD, not GBP.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: cats - 21st Feb 2010 2:51am
I don't like Aussie dollars, it reminds me of a big mistake I once made in my younger years... I quoted a client £5500 for a consultancy services amongst other things once, and they asked for the invoice to be provided in AUD so I did... but I forgot to do a conversion (no swanky client billing and support system that does all the conversions automatically back in them days lol).

Needless to say, the client signed the contract I had offered, and it wasnt till I only recieved £2800 via the electronic transfer I realised what a plonker I had been!! We live and learn!

grin
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: cats - 21st Feb 2010 8:56am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
I don't like Aussie dollars, it reminds me of a big mistake I once made in my younger years... I quoted a client £5500 for a consultancy services amongst other things once, and they asked for the invoice to be provided in AUD so I did... but I forgot to do a conversion (no swanky client billing and support system that does all the conversions automatically back in them days lol).

Needless to say, the client signed the contract I had offered, and it wasnt till I only recieved £2800 via the electronic transfer I realised what a plonker I had been!! We live and learn!

I did one the other way round in Sydney, my hotel bill was quoted as dollars and paid in Singapore Dollars, told the bloke a dollar was dollar was a dollar. He must have been mentally challenged because he took it. Got out of there fast.

grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral