Forums
Posted By: vw_kyle foxs - 11th Jan 2010 10:59am
There was a adult fox outside last nite running round the garden and street scurrying around making a weird high pitch whaling noise it didnt look like it was injured but was searching all the gardens has anyone ever heard this before?
Posted By: nestonlad Re: foxs - 11th Jan 2010 11:14am
Yes its mating time and it would have been a male fox looking for a bit of nookie so don't worry it wouldn't have been in any pain
Posted By: golfvr Re: foxs - 11th Jan 2010 11:34am
there was one running around my work this morning at 9.40am!!

We get lots of a night,but not usually in daylight
Posted By: bert1 Re: foxs - 11th Jan 2010 11:52am
Use to see one running across the open fields in Birkenhead park every morning and one morning seen a full litter of little ones with their mum playing on the road by park high school, they soon scattered back in to the thick growth when they spotted me and the dog.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: foxs - 11th Jan 2010 3:00pm
Nearly got knocked over by a fox dashing out of the bushes and across the road, being chased by a bloody great alsation. I don't think the alsation wanted to kill it though.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: foxs - 11th Jan 2010 3:17pm
The noise you heard is commonly known as the vixen's scream, although dog foxes sometimes also make this noise. It is thought that vixens make this call to attract males - and this is the fox's mating time

Snod
Posted By: Anonymous Re: foxs - 11th Jan 2010 3:49pm
I've been hearing them the last few nights. They live up on the Gorse on Gorsehill Road (New Brighton). Thankfully, as the bins haven't been emptied since before Christmas, they have plenty to rummage about in during the bad weather.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: foxs - 11th Jan 2010 4:06pm
Yeah there's been one out the front of ours most nights, makes for pretty patterns in the snow. The noise is a little odd but I do like spotting them on the CCTV the next day
Posted By: kimpri Re: foxs - 11th Jan 2010 4:28pm
some fox noises.
http://www.foxforest.org/upclose/voicescarry.shtml
Posted By: Capt_America Re: foxs - 11th Jan 2010 8:06pm
One ran past me down our road on Saturday night about 9.oopm. We hear them all the time behind our house until about Feb crying to each other (mating calls) sometimes they sound like a child crying.
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: foxs - 11th Jan 2010 8:20pm
it wasent half a weird noise we always see them running around the field my flat backs on to the big field on leasowe road
© Wirral-Wikiwirral