Forums
Posted By: MissGuided Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 9:39pm
Fruit bats regularly engage in oral sex, according to groundbreaking new research published in Science magazine.

The study found that more than two-thirds of female short-nosed fruit bats (Cynopterus sphinx) performed fellatio on their sexual partners, and that they were rewarded with longer bouts of intercourse as a result.

Previously, the only animals known to carry out oral sex – apart from humans – were bonobo chimpanzees.

However, the study, by Libiao Zhang and his team of biologists from Guangdong Entomological Institute in China, found that female bats were enthusiastic fellators, with 70 per cent performing oral sex on their mate during intercourse.

Science magazine reported: “Both sexes groomed each other during courtship. But then came the shocker.

“After the male mounted the female from behind, she bent over and began licking his penis.”

The research found that the longer a female licked for, the longer the intercourse: on average, a second of fellatio gained six seconds of intercourse. On average, mating lasted four minutes for fellators, twice the average of non-fellating females.

The researchers could only speculate why the females would want longer-lasting sex. They suggested that it could be a way to improve the transport of sperm, or to keep males away from rival females for longer.

Frans de Waal, a primatologist at Emory University in Atlanta and an expert on bonobo chimpanzees, said: "The finding of fellatio in bats is exciting news."

He went on to say that animal oral sex may be more common than we realise, but researchers’ prudery has prevented this fact becoming known. He said: "Part of the reason fellatio is rarely mentioned is shyness about this issue."

Paul Vasey, a behavioral scientist at the University of Lethbridge in Canada, said that there could be evolutionary reasons for fellatio, and that the fruit bat discovery could allow scientists to test it. He warned, however, that the bats could just be doing it for fun.

Source
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 9:45pm
...a whole 6 seconds more omg
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 9:51pm
wham-bam...
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 9:53pm
....and not enough time for "thankyou ma'am" raftl
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 9:53pm
Originally Posted by Beaker

Sometimes another 6 seconds is all it needs
wink
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 9:54pm
Oo-er! raftl
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 9:58pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Originally Posted by Beaker

Sometimes another 6 seconds is all it needs
wink
raftl raftl raftl raftl
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 10:03pm
On a serious note though, this is very interesting because I read recently that the only 'animals' that have sex, purely just for the sake of having sex, apart from humans- for reproductive purposes only- are dolphins.

so, bats having b.j's for 'fun' is interesting!
Posted By: Wench Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 10:08pm
Now I understand why I get called batty - it's not that they think I'm mad at all raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 10:10pm
I'm impressed if you can perform the female fruit bat maneuvre think yes
Posted By: Wench Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 10:13pm
Hey - for a Creme Brulee I'll try anything raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 10:17pm
I'd rather have bread and butter pudding with clotted cream [Linked Image] OK - don't translate that into something sexual. Clotted cream sick
Posted By: Wench Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 10:18pm
Well the Creme Brulee is so why can't that be wink
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 10:19pm
I couldn't possibly comment. raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 10:19pm
I can't - not until the said Creme Brulee is delivered by hand raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 10:20pm
Hope its worth the wait and doesn't end up just another spotted dick. think
Posted By: Wench Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 10:23pm
So do I - I'm getting bored now raftl Not used to not getting what I want somad
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 10:24pm
Do you have Sexual ADHD?
Posted By: Wench Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 21st Nov 2009 10:28pm
Yes raftl
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 22nd Nov 2009 11:47am
It's a good job bert missed this one, he'd be down on you like a ton bricks.

Four minutes seems a bit excessive.

bananalove
Posted By: bert1 Re: Fellatio common among fruit bats - 22nd Nov 2009 12:55pm
I'm glad i missed this one Bandy, the whole thread sucks.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral