Forums
Posted By: BandyCoot Parrots - 8th Oct 2009 11:12am
If anyone is over this side and wants somewhere amusing to go there is a Parrot Sanctuary at Friskney, near Skegness. You first go in and you are greeted by a parrot saying "Hello." As you go around there are cages with parrots in and you get the impression that "Hello" is the only thing they can say, but they are all friendly. Then you get to a big cage which is full of African Greys. A lot of parrots were abandoned during the bird flu scare. Anyway, one parrot kicks of with a ring tone, then another with a different one, others answer the phone and then there's doing reversing horns and it turns into a mad house. There's posh parrots, yorkshire parrots, lincoln parrots and they're giving it rooty toot at once. I could hardly pull myself away from the cage, it was hilarious. There's a cage you can walk through and parakeets land on your head in large numbers. A thoroughly entertaining couple of hours.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Parrots - 8th Oct 2009 11:18am
Sounds like a great place to visit. Will put it on the "to do" list next time I'm near that neck of the woods !!! Thanks.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Parrots - 8th Oct 2009 11:22am
You're welcome Pinz, recommended. cheers.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Parrots - 8th Oct 2009 12:15pm
glad you enjoyed yourself, glad you enjoyed yourself, glad you enjoyed yourself.
Posted By: bri445 Re: Parrots - 8th Oct 2009 12:22pm
My daughter's just moved to Skeggy so I'll pass this on. Aaron, 5, will love it and probably teach them a few things!

Bri
grin
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Parrots - 8th Oct 2009 12:59pm
Originally Posted by bert1
glad you enjoyed yourself, glad you enjoyed yourself, glad you enjoyed yourself.

Stop squarking bert.

laffin
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Parrots - 8th Oct 2009 1:00pm
Originally Posted by bri445
My daughter's just moved to Skeggy so I'll pass this on. Aaron, 5, will love it and probably teach them a few things!

Bri
grin

great Bri, let me know how they find it then I'll know I'm not just a nutter.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral