Forums
Posted By: fish5133 My metal detector find - 18th Oct 2015 11:55am
Oh well just to get in on the forum. My metal detector happened to be a spade and it found a cast iron manhole cover just underneath a root I had slammed my spade into--result a rather bruised hand-----however it did turn this up the following day. worth all of £2 on ebay

Attached picture DSCF0329.JPG
Attached picture DSCF0330.JPG
Posted By: fish5133 Re: My metal detector find - 18th Oct 2015 12:22pm
sorry forgot to add Its a Daddies sauce glass bottle stopper
Posted By: Anonymous Re: My metal detector find - 18th Oct 2015 6:01pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
sorry forgot to add Its a Daddies sauce glass bottle stopper

....or a Lea & Perrin's Worcester Sauce stopper? I seem to remember they used ground glass stoppers too.
Posted By: cools Re: My metal detector find - 18th Oct 2015 9:22pm
You might have the golden touch Fish, get yourself a metal detector and join the gang.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: My metal detector find - 18th Oct 2015 10:38pm
Originally Posted by cools
You might have the golden touch Fish, get yourself a metal detector and join the gang.

would love to but would be another activity too many. The detector would sit next to my shrimp net that I had planned to use to catch some supper.

will just enjoy reading your posts and finds. Has anyone tried to detect along the line of the elecy cable trench being installed across Wirral. Miles of trench dug and all that soil mounded up along its route must have unearthed a few treasures of the past. The other place I thought would have been worth a detect was the dried river bed at Loggerheads
Posted By: jeremycorbon Re: My metal detector find - 26th Sep 2016 11:05pm
when they were cleaning the lake in Birkenhead park they were dumping the mud on a grass bank adjacent to the lake and it was chokka with old clay pipes and ginger beer bottles. Have you seen those really strong magnets that you can go fishing with, obvously with a strong line. i had a go in B/head park lake and got an old bikeframe and then i got told to be off by the fish murderers. cheers
© Wirral-Wikiwirral