Pre decimal coins

[Linked Image]

A tiny shot bullet

[Linked Image]

Lead bag seal marked "P" and a musket ball

[Linked Image]

A ring

[Linked Image]

5 silvers, large one is a 1928 florin, 2 middle size ones are shillings, and the smaller 2 are six pences

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is a small selection of the rubbish I dig!

[Linked Image]

Not included in this is all the bottle tops, cans and foil!! All this junk is from this one month, so its not all plain sailing, finding coins and artifacts every time...

Thanks for looking smile
Posted By: missmahjong Re: February finds 2015 - 27th Feb 2015 3:32pm
Another interesting read, well done ..Love the ring ,any idea from what 'age' so to speak..Maybe 'Art Deco'
Posted By: cools Re: February finds 2015 - 27th Feb 2015 3:53pm
Good finds there X-plore, like the ring. You must have been out quite a lot to get all that. I am finding it difficult at moment to get out, looking after baby grandson as his mum hurt her knee so limited time to do any. Even when I do go out, lucky to find anything, my son has bought me a sandscoop so I need to get to a decent beach , I'm looking forward to warmer weather.Always look forward to seeing what you have found, and hoping you hit it big soon...
Posted By: snowhite Re: February finds 2015 - 27th Feb 2015 4:37pm
Well done X-plore.
Hope that penny you found brings you lots of luck.
Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: February finds 2015 - 27th Feb 2015 4:51pm
Great stuff. In the picture I didn't realise it detected pile of dog poo!!
Posted By: x_plore Re: February finds 2015 - 27th Feb 2015 8:56pm
Hi Missy, I have no idea on age of the ring i'm afraid, still happy to have found one though.

Hey cools, been out a few times this month, don't half get some rubbish though haha. I hate it when I can't get out, get withdrawal symptoms lol. Try to get out down on New Brighton beach, or any other sandy beach you can. Summer will be a good time, lots of activity.

Thanks snowhite...I have had 5 nice silver coins this month so i've had some luck smile

Haha fish5133, thats an old rusted buckle I had in soak, left it wet when I took the picture, it does look like a big turd lol
Posted By: moretonjeffo Re: February finds 2015 - 27th Feb 2015 9:48pm
did ya find anything today mate i just found a few quid lol
Posted By: x_plore Re: February finds 2015 - 27th Feb 2015 10:24pm
Don't start Jeffrey!
Posted By: granny Re: February finds 2015 - 27th Feb 2015 10:30pm
The ring looks like a 60's Mary Quant style.
Posted By: moretonjeffo Re: February finds 2015 - 27th Feb 2015 10:32pm
hahahahah what won mate minelab or garret
Posted By: x_plore Re: February finds 2015 - 27th Feb 2015 10:33pm
Thanks granny, will research it tomorrow smile
Posted By: x_plore Re: February finds 2015 - 27th Feb 2015 10:34pm
Minelab won today, proper saw my bum with the Garrett
Posted By: moretonjeffo Re: February finds 2015 - 27th Feb 2015 11:51pm
theres a cracking minelab for sale in the for sale section for a bargain price mate lol
Posted By: x_plore Re: February finds 2015 - 28th Feb 2015 12:02am
LOL if I had the money i'd have it off you mate
Posted By: Anonymous Re: February finds 2015 - 28th Feb 2015 7:08pm
Great set of finds x_plore. Well done! If by chance you find a Half Crown on the site of the New Brighton Pier - IT'S MINE ! grin

I remember when on the Pier with with father (late 1950's/early 1960's), he gave me Half a Crown to get change for the various penny-in-the-slot machines. I of course dropped it and it went down the gap in the plank floor and plop into the Mersey! 2/6d was a lot of dosh to lose in those days too. I sulked all the way home on the No.11 bus.

So there we are. When you find it, pm me and I'll send you my address. Happy digging!!
Posted By: x_plore Re: February finds 2015 - 28th Feb 2015 10:44pm
Haha ok Pinz I will get on it smile Great story, it's nice to hear stories of how things got lost, instead of just finding coins or relics and wondering how they came to be lost
© Wirral-Wikiwirral