Forums
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 9th Jul 2012 8:45pm
Hi there,

I'm currently searching for a vacant pub,bar or club to rent/let.

If there are any out there you may know of on the Wirral or around Liverpool town centre, please could you pass me the details on.

Much appreciated!!

ShaunTheSheep
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 9th Jul 2012 8:47pm
nags head rake lane wallasey!!!
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 9th Jul 2012 9:12pm
Go on the brewery websites, they are all listed.
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 9th Jul 2012 9:12pm
Isn't that getting knocked down?
Posted By: lansyp Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 9th Jul 2012 9:20pm
sonnys on the square and the carlton borough rd are both empty
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 9th Jul 2012 9:23pm
Originally Posted by lansyp
sonnys on the square and the carlton borough rd are both empty

Thanks very much
Posted By: challo Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 9th Jul 2012 9:29pm
take your pick theres 100s
Posted By: suie1 Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 9th Jul 2012 10:31pm
the leasowe on demesne street ,seacombe was closed down about three months ago. the board has gone with the wind but think it was bakewell-might be wrong.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 9th Jul 2012 10:51pm
Really! They going to build more flats?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 10th Jul 2012 12:07am
There is a rumour and it is just a rumour that the Council have purchased The Leasowe pub and surrounding land.

*My source works for the council and thats the rumour going around 'ordinary' employees. We will see.

There is still a For Sale sign as of last night. It has an 0161 Manchester based number to ring.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 10th Jul 2012 12:27am
Why anyone would want to invest in a pub nowadays is beyond me. You may as well give your money to me and I'll throw it down the toilet for you. They are all boarded up for a reason, they make no money, either for the tenant or the brewery. That's why they are sold off, the last dying breath, a bit of money back for the brewery.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 10th Jul 2012 12:44am
It's so sad. I'm not even 40 yet and yet recognise how much of our Heritage and history is disappearing before my eyes. frown
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 10th Jul 2012 2:31pm
its sad so many lovely old buildings are going,the one that comes to mind is by hamilton square station lovely building fab green tiles on the outside surely this could be re-used, its such a shame.pubs are closing fast werever you go they are empty, is it the cost of beer, a £5 is not enough for 2pints in most places the minimum wage is only £6 before stoppages, plus smoking ban, and cheap booze from supermarkets very sad
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 10th Jul 2012 3:31pm
Pubco's are the problem, ale is too expensive. A pub used to be the landlord/landlady and the brewery and they made a living. Pubco's put an extra layer of expenses in. If people can't afford they prices then they can't go out and frequent the pubs so don't blame the supermarkets. If they didn't sell it there would be no difference, if you haven't got the sheckels you can't spend them. I try and stay out of 3 quid a pint places so will soon be knocking the bevvy in the head at this rate.
Posted By: petethebike Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 11th Jul 2012 7:35pm
You'll be very lucky to find pubs in my area that sell beer for as
low as £3 a pint.I could travel 8 miles to the nearest "W" outlet,
but not by bus,we don't get them,so I'm not able to drink with my feet!
My "local",500 yards away,only pub in the village,charges £3.30 for bitter.Daren't even think about Guiness.
I do brew a very decent drop of beer
,but,I do enjoy the social interplay of a beer and a chat.Something future generations will never know.So sad!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 13th Jul 2012 11:31pm
yes it is sad the rate pubs are disappearing, mainly the social side of things. So many people rely on them as a way of meeting new people. Where are future generations to met ?
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 13th Jul 2012 11:52pm
Originally Posted by dilly
yes it is sad the rate pubs are disappearing, mainly the social side of things. So many people rely on them as a way of meeting new people. Where are future generations to met ?

THE INTERNET smile
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 14th Jul 2012 2:43pm
sadly on the internet, virtual friends, people we will perhaps never meet,typing away,will people forget how to write a letter, more kids are sitting at home on games machines and computers,they dont know how to play outdoors with other kids,
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 14th Jul 2012 2:45pm
calling for friends,is now done via text or internet chat
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 14th Jul 2012 2:46pm
a common thing people say now it are you on facebook, not was is your address or phone number
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Vacant Pub's/Bars and Clubs - 14th Jul 2012 2:46pm
smartphones are taking over our lives
© Wirral-Wikiwirral