Forums
Browsing through wikiwirral I came across these pics and wonder if someone can name the pub and where it is/was

Attached picture what pub Pritchard.jpg
Attached picture which pub Central_Market_Frontage.jpg
I can't remeber but it has been posted before. Someone cleverer than me will remember!
Think it was the Castle Hotel, Derek, on Wallasey Road, Liscard (almost opposite the Wellington or whatever it's called now).
Not sure of the name but I'd say it was more opposite the wetherspoons, maybe where the big solicitors is now
Yes, Wiggi, you're probably nearer - corner of Wallasey Road and St. Alban's Road. Can't remember it being demolished but possibly 1970s when the precinct was built and the one way road system introduced?
Yes, definitely Wallasey rd. That's the Boot Inn at the top of road on second photo.
Possibly 1960s . Kents auctioneers still there before move to Valkyrie rd.
On liberator site it says it is the Castle Hotel and the photo was taken in 1962
Was the Castle but more commonly known as the Garden for some reason? Now the site of Wilkinsons more or less.
Originally Posted by Helles
Was the Castle but more commonly known as the Garden for some reason? Now the site of Wilkinsons more or less.

I think NatWest bank is there now....
Opposite corner to the Nat West .
Originally Posted by Helles

Noel Smith says in his books that it was "The Castle Hotel" but known as 'The Garden Inn' . The old Central Market was on the opposite side of Wallasey Road (where they later built 'Safeways').

A chap named Bill Briddon was landlord there for a time.
Our first family TV (Pye 14 ins) came
from Traces in first photo. Cost about
65gns in 1955. About a months wages!
Later I got a Philips record player
for 9gns from there. Electronics were
not cheap those days.
Pub must have been gone just after WW2. Definitely wasn't around in the 60's as I used to drink in both the Wellie and the Boot with nothing in between. I went to St Albans School until July 1959 and don't recall it then either
Strothers must have been starting up around then as it was from them we got our 14" Bush in 1954.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 716 The Castle (the Garden) Wallasey Road, Liscard - 4th Jan 2012 2:32pm
The pub was demolished c1966
© Wirral-Wikiwirral