Forums
Posted By: derekdwc 567 Rake, Wirral Mill Park Drive, Wirral, - 13th Sep 2009 10:02pm
567 Rake, Wirral Mill Park Drive, Wirral,

Attached picture rake eastham .jpg
Attached picture Rake resized.jpg
Not much to do with pubs !. Looking at a picture of the Rake reminds me of the places that my grandfather used to go to work when he was among other things an Agricultural contractor.
In his work books there are names of farms off Eastham rake that are no longer there !.

Lowfields Farm is one i can remember, wonder if the farm was where the Rake pub is today ?. there where also a couple of farms down as being on Plymyard Avenue.

All well before my time though.

Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: 567 Rake, Wirral Mill Park Drive, Wirral, - 14th Sep 2009 12:33pm
hi tc,s missus here ,i used to live directly opposite the pub and you always saw some right sights every weekend or a fight or two,it went downhill for a while but it looks ok in that picture ,the new owners have done it up a lot on the outside
Posted By: maz1950 Re: 567 Rake, Wirral Mill Park Drive, Wirral, - 3rd Feb 2010 2:54pm
Hi , I
Posted By: maz1950 Re: 567 Rake, Wirral Mill Park Drive, Wirral, - 3rd Feb 2010 2:57pm
Hi I am a member of a recently formed group known as Eastham Archives. We are currently tracing the history of Eastham and its inhabitants. Any info you could share with us re the farms would be gratefully received. My grandfather was the bailif at Plymyard.
Thank you
Marion
Posted By: safehaven Re: 567 Rake, Wirral Mill Park Drive, Wirral, - 25th Feb 2010 3:50am
http://wirralheritage.org.uk/heritages/view/eastham_archive_group Eastham_archive_group
© Wirral-Wikiwirral