Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper 699 The Twelfth Man - Greasby Rd, Greasby - 29th Jun 2009 12:30am
699 The Twelfth Man - Greasby Rd, Greasby

Attached picture Greasby-Twelth-man-IMG_1672-s.jpg
Posted By: Icarus Re: 699 The Twelfth Man - Greasby Rd, Greasby - 25th Jan 2014 1:55am
Hasn't changed too much on the exterior from the 60's wonder what its like on the inside ....I can remember driving down to the 12th man in an old Jag and their was so much play in the steering wheel that I closed my eyes when I went past another vehicle coming in the opposite direction .....needless to say I am still here ...so I guess he must have had his eyes open .....thank God.
Twelfth Man is now Goodwin's Restaurant and Bar
Posted By: fish5133 Re: 699 The Twelfth Man - Greasby Rd, Greasby - 3rd Nov 2018 7:57pm
Not the best drinking pub as the bar area is quite small and prices were high..think the bar is more for the restaurant and hotel guests.
I used to like the Twelfth man a few years ago, wasn't too noisy, sufficient space, the food quality and portion size was great, service was reasonably fast except on the occasions one of the "managers" used to get involved, the staff were really much better without them.

A bit further back in time I popped in for a sandwich and decided to escape.

I don't do restaurants these day so I will probably never find out if the latest incarnation is any good.
Twelfth Man/Goodwins on the outskirts of Greasby is now called the Gravesberie Inn
Posted By: europa1 Re: 699 The Twelfth Man - Greasby Rd, Greasby - 11th Jan 2020 9:35am
The Twelfth Man used to be Higson's flagship pub in this part of the Wirral Peninsular. Gerry Bree a well respected and very experienced Higsons manager ran it in the 70s. Later on one of his protegees Tom McCabe, formerly of the Railway in New Brighton took it on. In later years it has joined the decline of this part of the Wirral Peninsular into becoming a slum area. The accommodation nailed onto it is frequently used by prostitutes of all various sexes as all these places are. No proper hotel supervision. You can get a dam good deal though to put a sparkle on your brown mix.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral