Forums
126 North Star Hotel 332 Cleveland Street 332 Marshall Street

Indexed happy

Attached picture North Star cleveland st.jpg
great pub i played in a group there a few times. another mystery fire.
my old stompin ground for many years from around 1970..I was 16 and my mate married one of the bar maids...still with her now and very happy [he said]..lol
Many happy pints consumed in the Star, in Spider's company at times too I might add. Good pub, good crowd.
Had a few in there myself with Easo & Humphs.
I Played There Too with a duo called Tandem
My mum and dad had this pub for a while, I think it was between 1983 and 1989. I was born there, I blame this place on my love of beer smile
Was in there one night and there was a darts match in progress so the place was silent. A cousin of mine, a big, big lad, came in on his way home from work for a pint, switched on the TV and started watching the news. One of the darters took umbrage and walked over and turned the TV off, cousin switched it back, darter switched it back off. Cousin then walked over to the darts board, ripped it off the wall, including the score board and backing, took it out of the door and threw it over the Manweb wall, came back in, switched the TV back on and carried on watching the news. Not a word said, he was too big to argue with but there was quite a bit of laughter at the end.
some good nights in there when Pat and Ray Cotgrave had it
does anyone remember ronnie greenfields from the star around 1970?
Does anyone remember William and Sylvia jones? Trying to figure when they ran it 50s 60s
Hey, pretty sure William and Sylvia were my dad Keith's parents, can't say for certain as dad never really spoke about them but I've been in touch with my dad's brother and sister and my uncle mentioned they were at the North Star pub for a while, I'm guessing it will have been the 60's they were there. Would be good to hear some stories of them both or my dad....Good or bad, my dad and myself no longer speak so I don't know too much about that side of things. Xx
[img]https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/resou...htype=100003&type=responsive-gallery[/img]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral